PDA

View Full Version : I'm concerned about our DT depth and rotation

jpdex12
03-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Who is our fourth DT? McCargo? OBD wanted to dump him last year and I doubt he rebounded enough to solidfy himself a roster spot. We need a fourth DT that is solid.

I wonder if going after Raji in the first round is on their minds? I'd be nervous about blowing another 1st round pick on a DT and have him end up like McCargo.

patmoran2006
03-05-2009, 06:59 AM
They kept McCargo instead of cutting him because they are giving him a clean slate with a new DL coach (Sanders)

If Raji is on the board he will probably be a Bill. Then again, I think there is a 1% chance he'll be on the board.

clumping platelets
03-05-2009, 07:31 AM
McCargo is a very inexpensive option as a swing DT and should get another opportunity. Costs very little to see if he can rebound after his back issues and new DL coach

I would love me some Raji if he were still on the board :nod:

justasportsfan
03-05-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm more concerned about our DE's and OL.

User Manuel
03-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Unless we are signing one of the stud types DT are like WRs. There are dozens of the same type of guy out there. I'd rether give McCargo the opportunirty to try and play his way back into good graces than spend 4 million on someone who may not really be any sort of upgrade.

madness
03-05-2009, 07:55 AM
If Raji is on the board he will probably be a Bill. Then again, I think there is a 1% chance he'll be on the board.

mmmm.... Raji :drool:

Unfortunately, I agree.

bigbub2352
03-05-2009, 08:43 AM
People should be very concerned about both DT and DE on this team
Lets face it all we really got for true effective proven players on the DLine is Schobel and Stroud
KWilliams would be a backup on most teams
SJohnson is a backup being overpaid and was very effective last year
Copeland Bryan is a backup backup
Chris Ellis looked bad in spot duty
Chris Kelsay is the most overpiad white guy in the NFL
Ryan Denney is a backup who will get u 2 sacks in one game then none for the next 10
John McCargo is a bust who they tried to trade and got nixed now no one in the league wants him so we are stuck with him
Lets face facts these guys all stink and can be upgraded the only two i would truly keep is Spencer Johnson and Kyle Williams
that is about it and we have to much money tied up with these guys, winning teams cut players like this and replace we keep them and lose