PDA

View Full Version : in the event the coyotes end up bankrupt, do we get our pick back?

trapezeus
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
With the tellqvist trade, do you think that if the coyotes go bankrupt and there is no buyer, that the sabres get that pick back? curious on your thoughts.

i just read a story on how the county in phoenix is owed $4mm from the coyotes.Coyotes can't pay it and the county is in desperate need of it. Futhermore the coyotes have operating losses over $200MM over the last several years.

It got me and a friend talking about what happens to the trade situation. I'm sure there is no right answer, but it'd be interesting to debate

THATHURMANATOR
03-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Good question.

rbochan
03-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Great post, I'd be interested in this as well.

trapezeus
03-05-2009, 09:02 AM
my immediate reaction is that bettman and the NHL will not let the team go. They owe it to the owners to find a suitor. And there has to be a western canadian city (namely Winnipeg) that would pay for the team at a certain price.

But if they did go bankrupt and it wasn't replaced, it seems to me that all the picks of the coyotes would just disappear. so if the coyotes picked 4th. The 5th spot would just move up to 4. And in the event the coyotes owe a pick, that team gets to go where they should.

chernobylwraiths
03-05-2009, 09:03 AM
We should have traded for Doan then.