PDA

View Full Version : Coles was on Sirius Radio earlier

Michael82
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I just saw this post on the Buffalo Bills main messageboard and I figured I would share. There was a couple interesting things said....

Coles said Trent called and texted trying to get him to come to Buffalo. Said he loved it, and they sent out the Red Carpet. But so did Carson Palmer who did the same.

He was conflicted by both the teams but decided with his agent because of his age to go out with a QB like Carson Palmer throwing to him.

But it wasn’t money, or how he was treated. He just chose Carson Palmer as the QB who will give him more upside in the end of his career.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=123631

DraftBoy
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Nothing surprising at all there. He went with the far better QB.

It is nice though to see Trent being involved in the FA courting process.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 10:39 AM

That's exactly what I liked about it. It's nice to see Trent Edwards texting and trying to help us get Coles and other players. He's showing his leadership side there. :up:

I can't blame Coles. He knows that even though Trent Edwards is a nice guy, he is still only a 3rd year QB and struggled during the last half of the season. Carson Palmer is a Pro Bowl QB and much better so far. I would have chose Palmer too. The money did help though.

mybills
03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Coles = smart

even tho i wanted him here.

TacklingDummy
03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
That's exactly what I liked about it. It's nice to see Trent Edwards texting and trying to help us get Coles and other players. He's showing his leadership side there. :up:

Not impressed. Instead of texting why not just pick up the friggin phone and call the guy? texting= :limp:

TacklingDummy
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM
To steal a quote from Tom Donahoe, Coles picking the Bengals because they have the better QB is a "no-brainer". Not to mention playing with CJ is better than playing along side Evans.

Mahdi
03-05-2009, 10:48 AM

It's nice to see ... but at this point I think Trent is more of a deterrent than an influence. Right now the view of him is that he is inconsistent and can't make the big throws. That's not too appealing for a WR.

Michael82
03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
The one thing I thought was interesting...even though we all thought that the Bengals visit came out of the blue, it really didn't. They were trying to get him in over the weekend.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7537

A league source said the Bengals reached out to Coles over the weekend and he couldn't get on a flight Sunday.

tat2dmike77
03-05-2009, 10:53 AM
BUT BUT BUT Buffalo sucks. The Bills couldn't outbid for Coles they suck. They let him go to Cincy this team sucks. That's why he didn't come here he is lying. :rolleyes:

The Spaz
03-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Not impressed. Instead of texting why not just pick up the friggin phone and call the guy? texting= :limp:

Palmer must be :limp: too.

tat2dmike77
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Palmer must be :limp: too.

If you ask Ohio State fans here he is. After his comments about the OSU vs USC game. *These comments were said before they played the game incase you don't remember*

ghz in pittsburgh
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Would someone tape that segment of the show and play it to Trent, over and over again?

TacklingDummy
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Palmer must be :limp: too. It was also :limp: of Palmer to text Coles. Pick up the damn phone.

madness
03-05-2009, 12:25 PM

I agree. That would be like posting in a thread without reading the link.

Said Trent called and texted trying to get him to come to Buffalo

Trent's last text:

TO, come 2 B-Lo plz. We can b BFF.

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
And that is exactly what I said when I heard Cincy was interested. They have the better QB and it would be a huge factor..it was and it is what it is. Time to move on.

justasportsfan
03-05-2009, 01:20 PM

Trent doesn't have bluetooth. He might get injured trying to call instead of texting

justasportsfan
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
O brainer. One loves to throw downfield the onther one sideways. One plays in a proven system the other one plays for a QB coach pretending to be an OC.

acehole
03-05-2009, 01:52 PM
The reason he chooses Cinci was the QB Carson palmer.

He actually Said Trent Texted him.

Wow.

Trent: Hey Laverniuous..

LC: Whos this?

Trent: He is the Trentser...how rrrr uuuuuu.

LC: oh hey.

Trent: I think it would be great for you here...

LC: Yea..

Trent: Yea we could have sleep overs and play xbox

LC: What what?

Trent: Yea and you would be a great addition to the team...for sure.

LC: Yea it is nice to have L Evans on the other side...

Trent: LMAO

LC: What?

Trent: Totally..

LC: WTF?

Trent: We are going to have so much fun...hey can I ask you a question?

LC: Sure

Trent: Can you take a 1 yard throw and take it to the house?

LC: I believe I can.

Trent: Do you mind jumping up and down when you are open?

LC: What?

Trent: No cause that is how I roll player...

LC: That's Cool.

Trent: So you down?

LC: Uhh yea just got to check cinci out Carson is meeting me at the Stadium.

Trent: We have an applebee's...I go there after the hospital on sunday's.

LC: You take care now.

Trent: LMAO BFFL?

kgun12
03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Now that's funny. Probably spot on, but still funny!!!

acehole
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Ty..I was LMAO when I was writing it..

Oaf
03-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I bet that'll put a small chip on Edwards' shoulders. If we only fielded a fully competitive team, I have no doubt Coles would regret that decision picking Palmer over Edwards.

kgun12
03-05-2009, 02:12 PM
BTW post of the year material!

Michael82
03-05-2009, 02:28 PM
:lmao: