PDA

View Full Version : June, Peterson, Keiaho...

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 06:19 PM
the front office has to be waiting till after they meet with peterson to make there decision on who they are going to sign. if they sign keiaho and that is it out of the 3 i will have lost all respect for this regime. we already have a really young LB in poz in the LB core. bring in June or peterson (as much as i dont think he can make it 16 games i would rather risk it with him than bring in keith ellison Jr. in keiaho) and lets get rolling.

camelcowboy
03-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't agree, I would prefer keiaho over any of those over the hill retreads

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
dont worry that is how the coaching staff will feel too :) LOL!!! but it will be because he is cheaper. it really doesnt matter because when we miss the playoffs next season our ENTIRE roster will be turned over by a new coach and all of our team favorites will be gone. unfortunatley this is the nature of the beast when a new coach comes in.

cpearl
03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Why do you think Keiaho is Ellison, Jr.? Is it based on comments you've ready today? Or actually seen?

Because when I watch Ellison, I see a slow, undersized LB that doesn't tackle well, can't rush the passer, and can't play in coverage. Are you saying that Keiaho is the same in all those areas?

camelcowboy
03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
dont worry that is how the coaching staff will feel too :) LOL!!! but it will be because he is cheaper. it really doesnt matter because when we miss the playoffs next season our ENTIRE roster will be turned over by a new coach and all of our team favorites will be gone. unfortunatley this is the nature of the beast when a new coach comes in.
LOL you think Dick will be fired with two years left on his contract! Good luck with that.

SquishDaFish
03-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Our cheap owner wont fire him with 2 years left. 1 Yea maybe but not 2. And Keiaho isnt Ellison your nuts

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Why do you think Keiaho is Ellison, Jr.? Is it based on comments you've ready today? Or actually seen?

Because when I watch Ellison, I see a slow, undersized LB that doesn't tackle well, can't rush the passer, and can't play in coverage. Are you saying that Keiaho is the same in all those areas?

keiaho cant rush the passer (he didnt have a single sack last year) he isnt great in coverage (no passes defensed or INT's last year) and just because he had 114 tackles doesnt make him a great linebacker, if you look at there defense they were ran all over by running teams, so what if he made a tackle after a running back was slowed down after shaking 2 defenders before keiaho finally got him down AFTER A 5 OR 6 YARD GAIN. he is average. ellison had around 75 tackles and 2 passes defensed, you tell me is keiaho really an upgrade?? NO!

OpIv37
03-05-2009, 08:06 PM
they should sign 2 of the 3 and cut Ellison. But, that would be a bold move that might help this team win. We can't have that!

X-Era
03-05-2009, 08:07 PM
:clap:

OpIv37
03-05-2009, 08:12 PM
keiaho cant rush the passer (he didnt have a single sack last year) he isnt great in coverage (no passes defensed or INT's last year) and just because he had 114 tackles doesnt make him a great linebacker, if you look at there defense they were ran all over by running teams, so what if he made a tackle after a running back was slowed down after shaking 2 defenders before keiaho finally got him down AFTER A 5 OR 6 YARD GAIN. he is average. ellison had around 75 tackles and 2 passes defensed, you tell me is keiaho really an upgrade?? NO!

First, pass rushing ability is irrelevant because linebackers rarely blitz in the C2. Since Keiaho played in a C2 last year, that's probably one of the reasons why he didn't have any sacks (I didn't watch, just guessing). But anyway, if he comes here he won't be rushing the passer.

Second, he has 40 more tackles than Ellison. Ellison doesn't even make tackles after a 5-6 yard gain. He's completely irrelevant on the field.

Now, if he's not good in pass coverage, that's a big concern for our D. But not having any passes defensed isn't necessarily a sign of that.

And in all honesty, almost anyone is an upgrade over Ellison.

jimbohastle51
03-05-2009, 08:17 PM
First, pass rushing ability is irrelevant because linebackers rarely blitz in the C2. Since Keiaho played in a C2 last year, that's probably one of the reasons why he didn't have any sacks (I didn't watch, just guessing). But anyway, if he comes here he won't be rushing the passer.

Second, he has 40 more tackles than Ellison. Ellison doesn't even make tackles after a 5-6 yard gain. He's completely irrelevant on the field.

Now, if he's not good in pass coverage, that's a big concern for our D. But not having any passes defensed isn't necessarily a sign of that.

And in all honesty, almost anyone is an upgrade over Ellison.

the only reason i was saying that keiaho doesnt rush the passer well is because i was serving a comeback to another post. i know you dont rush the passer in his position in a cover 2 scheme, but in the cover 2 scheme we run he should have a few passes defensed, he covers TE's and anyone in his zone the whole game every game man. basically he never gets his hands on a ball in pass coverage, that is horrible!