PDA

View Full Version : Good News for you guys

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 08:12 AM
I’m off today from Scout.com and all my other stuff. That’s good news for you guys because things always seem to happen when Im not scheduled to do anything.. last year, both the Mitchell signing and Stroud trade occurred on days where I wasn’t on any assignment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
So since I have nothing going on today, expect something to happen.. Book it!<o:p></o:p>
Meanwhile, I’ll celebrate my potential loss of breaking anything today by drinking my face off tonight when I bartend

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 08:14 AM
I hope so Pat we need all the karma we can get, do something Buffalo.

topher180
03-06-2009, 08:15 AM
I’m off today from Scout.com and all my other stuff. That’s good news for you guys because things always seem to happen when Im not scheduled to do anything.. last year, both the Mitchell signing and Stroud trade occurred on days where I wasn’t on any assignment.<o:p></o:p>
So since I have nothing going on today, expect something to happen.. Book it!<o:p></o:p>
Meanwhile, I’ll celebrate my potential loss of breaking anything today by drinking my face off tonight when I bartend

Cool, maybe history will repeat itself then.

Remember, don't drink and drive.

SquishDaFish
03-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Damn Im off today I was looking forward to your Friday FA thread LOL

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Man, I'll tell ya. I want the Bills to make moves, but not just ANY moves.

Signing Cato June will not please me at all. We'd be better off with Ellison.

Mike Peterson is the only visitor I'm interested in, and I'm only slightly interested.

I think a WR is a big thing we need, and we need a veteran. A guy who can run routes and show the young guys the ropes. A guy who's #2 in receiving touch downs all time. A guy who since 2006 has the most td receptions in the NFL.

Yes, I'm talking about TO. People blow everything he does way out of proportion. I think his attitude would help the Bills. Nobody faces any consiquence for a mistake, Jauron shows no emotion, at least TO would bring some fire to this team.

Your all gonna give me crap, but whatever. Imagine if everybody actually liked TO, how much he'd get thrown to then. He's the best receiver of our generation, possibly ever.

He'd bring fire attitude and experience to the Bills. Far more than any other FA available. I wish we'd do it.

That said, I know we won't, but I'd cream my jeans if we did.

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Tell me this wouldn't be scary:

Edwards
Lynch
Evans
Owens
Reed
Pettigrew
Peters N Walker locked up long term.

That right there is an offense that we'd be watching in the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Cool, maybe history will repeat itself then.

Remember, don't drink and drive.

True. You might hit a bump and spill your drink.

SquishDaFish
03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I agree with you on TO but not on June

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Man, I'll tell ya. I want the Bills to make moves, but not just ANY moves.

Signing Cato June will not please me at all. We'd be better off with Ellison.

Mike Peterson is the only visitor I'm interested in, and I'm only slightly interested.

I think a WR is a big thing we need, and we need a veteran. A guy who can run routes and show the young guys the ropes. A guy who's #2 in receiving touch downs all time. A guy who since 2006 has the most td receptions in the NFL.

Yes, I'm talking about TO. People blow everything he does way out of proportion. I think his attitude would help the Bills. Nobody faces any consiquence for a mistake, Jauron shows no emotion, at least TO would bring some fire to this team.

Your all gonna give me crap, but whatever. Imagine if everybody actually liked TO, how much he'd get thrown to then. He's the best receiver of our generation, possibly ever.

He'd bring fire attitude and experience to the Bills. Far more than any other FA available. I wish we'd do it.

That said, I know we won't, but I'd cream my jeans if we did.

June >>>>> Ellison

Keiaho >>>>> Ellison

As for TO, you have to be kidding me. He has been run of of three teams, one of them owned by the 2nd most tolerant owner in the NFL. His attitude destroys teams. He throws teammates and QBs under the bus more often than either of change our shorts. Talented? For sure. Perhaps the worst teammate in the NFL right now though.

As for his greatness as a receiver, he is nowhere close to the greatest ever. Hell, he likely is not top 10. And he also is not the greates of our generation. He leads the league in drops, or is damn close too often to be there and is not as good as Moss, Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 08:29 AM
So Pat no Free Agency Friday thread, man I was looking forward to that.

clumping platelets
03-06-2009, 08:33 AM
:tap:

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 08:33 AM
As for his greatness as a receiver, he is nowhere close to the greatest ever. Hell, he likely is not top 10. And he also is not the greates of our generation. He leads the league in drops, or is damn close too often to be there and is not as good as Moss, Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson.

Moss is far less consistant, no matter where he's played.

Andre Johnson has only made it through 1 healthy season.

Fitzgerald, whereas I agree the talent is there, is on a mess of a team and isn't going to live up to what he did in January.

TO is 2nd all time in every major stat.

I'm not arguing that we'll sign him. Or against any of your basic ideas. I just don't think that your giving him the credit he deserves as a player.

There are a lot of ******* players. Even more arrogant ones. Just as bad as TO. The problem for him, is he finds his way into the media more than any others.

Never gets arrested, which is more than half the league can say for itself.

acehole
03-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Settle down Bevis you did good but dont buy into the hype created by the the young posters about how great you are. Remember God is allways trying to teach us ....It is not all about you.

I’m off today from Scout.com and all my other stuff. That’s good news for you guys because things always seem to happen when Im not scheduled to do anything.. last year, both the Mitchell signing and Stroud trade occurred on days where I wasn’t on any assignment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

mayotm
03-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Moss is far less consistant, no matter where he's played.

Andre Johnson has only made it through 1 healthy season.

Fitzgerald, whereas I agree the talent is there, is on a mess of a team and isn't going to live up to what he did in January.

I'm not arguing that we'll sign him. Or against any of your basic ideas. I just don't think that your giving him the credit he deserves as a player.

There are a lot of ******* players. Even more arrogant ones. Just as bad as TO. The problem for him, is he finds his way into the media more than any others.

Never gets arrested, which is more than half the league can say for itself.Is it really worth debating TO. Why on Earth would he come to Buffalo?

don137
03-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Pat, if Lynch comes into your bar serve him apple juice...We don't need another hit and run

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Pat, if Lynch comes into your bar serve him apple juice...We don't need another hit and run
I cant stop him. He brings his own **** into the bars with him.

T-Long
03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah Pat get a Friday FA thread rollin...

LifetimeBillsFan
03-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear that you won't be doing updates today, but I hope you're right about that meaning that there will be some breaking news.

I'll miss your updates, but "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" and you deserve some time off, at least away from all of this stuff.

Thanks for all of the effort that you have put in to keeping us updated as much as you could this week. Much appreciated!

Don't slip on any ice cubes or let the customers buy you too many shots tonite. We'll be counting on you to keep us updated on things again next week! :lol:

T-Long
03-06-2009, 09:22 AM
when did he say he wasn't going to do updates?

The Spaz
03-06-2009, 09:27 AM
when did he say he wasn't going to do updates?

Can you read?

T-Long
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM
I thought he said he was off from work today...not from updates. Plus I thought he was getting his source from Tim Graham, not anyone at scout

patmoran2006
03-06-2009, 09:33 AM
I don’t get a source from Scout. I work for Scout. I get a bone now and then from Tim, but he’s my friend, not really a source. The Dockery and Hangartner news from last week (and apparently Keiaho as well) I got someone directly affiliated with the Bills.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Im taking the day off from Football today, except to check back in here periodically. .You guys are my news source for the day!<o:p></o:p>

WeAreArthurMoates
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Alright Pat I will be all over it dude, hope we give you some good news.

Bill Brasky
03-06-2009, 10:14 AM

...no he's not, but nice research.

Michael82
03-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Have fun working at HSBC bank, pat! :snicker:

Mski
03-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Have fun working at HSBC bank, pat! :snicker:

i thought he was supposed to drive out to MCC for class :ill:

DynaPaul
03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Tell me this wouldn't be scary:

Edwards
Lynch
Evans
Owens
Reed
Pettigrew
Peters N Walker locked up long term.

That right there is an offense that we'd be watching in the playoffs.

Maybe but we really need a line to protect Trent and open up the running game for Lynch. We needed Matt Birk more than any other free agent.

im8th2buffalo
03-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Im taking the day off from Football today, except to check back in here periodically. .You guys are my news source for the day!<o:p></o:p>

I am not sharing any NEWS. I made that mistake the other day with Coles. I am down to -61 reputation points after passing on that news from Billsinsider. What a mistake.
Hopefully Buffalo has a great day in FA. Lots of visits so far. Lets see who will sign.

:clump: