PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the controversial thing to do

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 08:24 AM
We need TO.

ddaryl
03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
the guy has caused problems for every team he has played for...

Hoenstly I would rather us make efforts for Boldin, Holt or Edwards if we're going to make a big time move on a WR

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
I'd rather watch a team bicker and fight than a bunch of emotionless zombies fail and fail some more with zero emotion.

IE our team.

SquishDaFish
03-06-2009, 08:27 AM
You have a point on the Zombie thing and maybe he would help that. But Boldin would be my first choice

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 08:29 AM
OK what did we see Boldin doing in the NFC championship game?

Reeming his offensive coordinator out. Just like any other fiery WR that is a competitor.

Obviously, Boldin would be a longer term solution. But he'd want a big deal.

At this point, the market for TO is the lowest it'll ever be for a player of his caliber. he can be had for less than his value, and he's humbled after being cut.

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Also, if he ends up in Indy, watch out.

Peyton is so money he'll never have anything to complain about.

If the Colts grab him start engraving their name on the Lombardi trophy.

Philagape
03-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Even if it were a good idea, why on earth would he come here?
High profile? No
Chance to win a SB? No
Money? Schya right!! :rofl:

Every year there are scores of "Let's pick up __BIG NAME____!!!" but in the history of that, this is the most preposterous, and that's saying a lot.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Also, if he ends up in Indy, watch out.

Peyton is so money he'll never have anything to complain about.

If the Colts grab him start engraving their name on the Lombardi trophy.

How many winning playoff games has TO been involved in?

acehole
03-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Trent Edwards would be the reason.
Did you know Bill Walsh was gushing over him during the draft?

What a gem we found.

High profile? No
Chance to win a SB? No

Every year there are scores of "Let's pick up __BIG NAME____!!!" but in the history of that, this is the most preposterous, and that's saying a lot.

Jan Reimers
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM
There is not nearly enough media coverage in Buffalo for TO's voracious ego and mammoth mouth.

And he's shown in San Francisco, Philadelphia and Dallas that he's 5th stage, super aggressive, terminal cancer.

No thanks.

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Can someone describe what he actually did? With any team?

Has nobody wondered if Jeff Garcia was gay?

McNabb was throwing up, running the clock out in the Super Bowl. I'd lost respect for him in that game as well.

In Dallas, they were under achieving drastically and he was upset. Because he's a competitor.

What happens when he touches the ball? 6 points.

Jeff1220
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
In Boldin's defense, I've read that Haley is quite the d____.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2009, 09:38 AM

McNabb was throwing up, running the clock out in the Super Bowl. I'd lost respect for him in that game as well.

In Dallas, they were under achieving drastically and he was upset. Because he's a competitor.

What has he done?

How many playoff games has he played in and his team won?

yordad
03-06-2009, 09:38 AM
I would love to have TO. If nothing else, it would be entertaining. I lost all hope for a winning season, so entertainment is in high demand with me right now.

Plus, maybe he could force Trent to look down field.

Jan Reimers
03-06-2009, 09:58 AM

So what if Garcia is gay? Did that negatively affect TO in some way? Why denigrate your QB the way he did?

McNabb has been a class act and a very good QB for the Eagles, before, during and after TO's stay there. Again, why go public with negative comments about your team leader?

In Dallas, he not only fought with his coaches on the sideline, he accused Romo and Whitten of conspiring against him.

He has gone publicly negative on his QBs at every stop, particularly when he thought he wasn't getting the ball enough.

And it's not always 6 points when he touches the ball. He often drops it.

zone
03-06-2009, 10:02 AM
The argument of weather TO would be good in Buffalo is pointless, he will be good anywhere he scored 10 touchdowns last year and has had double digits in pretty much any full season he has played, there is only one person with more touchdowns in the history of the NFL.

We haven't had a receiver to consistently score double digit touchdowns since...hmm, never.

Andre Reed did it once, Eric Moulds did it once, TO has done it 8 times including 4 of the last 5 years and the only reason it wasn't 5 out of 5 is because of being and idiot and getting benched in Philly. He Has 58 touchdowns in the last 5 years that is 26 more than Evans or roughly 156 more points!

Jan Reimers
03-06-2009, 10:10 AM
TO is good, but declining, on the field. He is a virulent cancer off it.

OpIv37
03-06-2009, 10:16 AM
To those who want TO, just ask yourself this: What TO team has ever been successful?

He went to the SB ONCE with the Eagles, and lost. And that was with an Eagles franchise that has been competitive for most of the last decade and made the NFC Championship TWICE without him.

He's been on mediocre squads the rest of his career. This guy is NOT the kind of player that can put a team over the top, period. He's not worth the turmoil.

Bill Brasky
03-06-2009, 10:22 AM

And in Buffalo the Bills have achieved what over the past decade? Other than mastering the art of putrid performances and alienating the fans, there hasn't been much accomplished around here.

If Dallas had gone 7-9 three years in a row, then resigned the entire staff responsible, I'm sure TO would have been a model citizen. For sure.

ddaryl
03-06-2009, 11:13 AM
actually I changed my mind...

just go after TO.. he may be a *****, but we will be a better team with him... I think at this point everyones immuned to his tantrums, and with TO the Bills will get publicity... and any publicity is good publicity

He will without a doubt command attention and that will benefit Evans a bunch

justasportsfan
03-06-2009, 11:20 AM
OK what did we see Boldin doing in the NFC championship game?

TO was at home watchin Boldin

We need a DE and a LG more then we need TO. For Trent to get the ball to TO , he's gonna need more time to throw.

Thurmal
03-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Look on the bright side. If TO were to come to Buffalo and completely destroty the team, it only increases the chances that 'ole Dick gets fired. It may even be the straw that brakes the camel's back in regards to some members of our scouting dept.

The sad thing is that I'm only half-joking.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2009, 11:32 AM
To those who want TO, just ask yourself this: What TO team has ever been successful?
He hasn't been as successful as the Buffalo Bills have been over the course of his career. T.O's only been to the playoffs 8 times in 13 years, been on a winner 9 out of 13 years, and his teams have combined for a 126-82 record over those years.

Compared to the Bills stellar 13 years of 3 playoffs appearances, 4 winning records, and 97-111 record over that time.

:rolleyes:

Have Bills fans forgotten what success is?

Jimbuktu
03-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I've gotten so desperate that I'd LOVE to hear that the Bills signed TO.

Anything is better than the state of irrelevance we're in now. It's pathetic.

ANYTHING.

tat2dmike77
03-06-2009, 11:37 AM
As long as Trent Edwards is throwing the ball TO would never ever ever want to come here.

justasportsfan
03-06-2009, 11:39 AM
He hasn't been in successful as the Buffalo Bills have been over the course of his career. T.O's only been to the playoffs 8 times in 13 years, been on a winner 9 out of 13 years, and his teams have combined for a 126-82 record over those years.

Compared to the Bills stellar 13 years of 3 playoffs appearances, 4 winning records, and 97-111 record over that time.

:rolleyes:

Have Bills fans forgotten what success is?
All you've said is that he's been in good teams. You haven't proven the he's been able to take those team to the next level.

I would rather trade up and grab Crabtree before I grab TO if you are looking for a wr.

PcA125
03-06-2009, 01:21 PM

Has nobody wondered if Jeff Garcia was gay? does it matter?

McNabb was throwing up, running the clock out in the Super Bowl. I'd lost respect for him in that game as well. Werent theere problems before this? I dont remember exactly. ANyways, he made it impossible to win after that. Oh and by the way they got there without him.

In Dallas, they were under achieving drastically and he was upset. Because he's a competitor. He cried when he didnt get the ball every play. Remember that one week he was thrown to around 18 times but he said that he wasnt being used enough?

What happens when he touches the ball? 6 points. Or he drops it.

topher180
03-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Worthless debate, never gonna happen.

With that said, my debate is that the sheer entertainment/shock value would be worth it for this franchise. A big splash is one way to at least (temporarily) boost morale for the fans. It doesn't have to be TO, I think Bolden or hell even Harrison or Holt would do that effectively.

The Juice Is Loose
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
i just figure, its boom or bust for this staff either way.

another sad year and they are all gone anyway. why not take a flyer on a guy who has led the league in td receptions for the last 3 years? (cumulitively)

in the event that TO has been humbled by the latest developments, maybe he leads this team.

his problem has always been that there are two leaders. we have zero on the entire team. maybe just maybe this would be the formula.

at the very least, he'd draw double teams on a regular basis. the effect that would have on trent, lee and marshawn would be imeasureable.

justasportsfan
03-06-2009, 03:20 PM
in the event that TO has been humbled by the latest developments we have a better chance of winning the sb next year with Gibran than that happening.

Stewie
03-06-2009, 04:01 PM
What has he done?

by this measurement, we should cut pretty much everyone on our roster

Philagape
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
High profile? No
Chance to win a SB? No

I'll eat my crow with some fava beans and a nice chianti :D

Stewie
03-08-2009, 03:46 PM
and we have a winner.. nice.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 03:49 PM
How many winning playoff games has TO been involved in?

How many playoff games have the Bills been involved in lately?

Mr. Pink
03-08-2009, 03:53 PM
What has he done?

I still remember him catching a TD pass with no time remaining, between two defenders, to beat the Packers in a wild card game back when he was in San Fran.

When is the last time we brought in someone who is a bonafide playmaker? Not just in the regular season but the playoffs as well.

We won't even mention the superbowl performance he turned in against the Pats when he took the entire offense on his back. When he wasn't even 100% and McNabb was playing like garbage.

We need more players with T.O.'s heart and ability.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 03:59 PM
High profile? No
Chance to win a SB? No

:laughing: