• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone Exclusive: The State of the Bills

I apologize in advance for this article. It's going to be long and most likely go off on several tangents. This is because my frustration with this franchise has reached unprecedented levels, to the point where I find it difficult to assemble coherent thoughts about it. But, amidst the frustration and the ranting, I will try to make some logical points.

First, Ralph sucks for not firing Jauron. He made it to the Hall of Fame based on his role in founding the league back in the 1960's, and the Selection Committee clearly ignored the last 10 years and the two decades of futility prior to the Super Bowl run in the early 90's. It's like a history book calling George W. Bush the best president ever because the author stopped paying attention in February 2002 (tangent #1).

Why should Jauron have been fired? THREE consecutive 7-9 seasons. Failing to win at home against Miami and SF. The Jets debacle. Consistently misusing timeouts and challenges. The list goes on and on, but the evidence is there. More importantly, Tampa Bay, Denver and the NY Jets all fired their coaches. Let me repeat and clarify that, in case some of you didn't quite understand the implication: Three teams that were BETTER THAN BUFFALO made coaching changes in the off-season, while the Bills simply made more excuses for mediocrity.

Second, the Bills' FO sucks for cutting Dockery. Don't get me wrong- Dockery was brutal last year, and his loss does not hurt the team. However, the Bills had a trade ready with Detroit it fell through because the FO DIDN'T GET THE PAPERWORK IN ON TIME (Read about in the Wash Post). So, instead of getting compensation for a guy who was awarded a HUGE contract, the Bills got NOTHING. There is simply no excuse for this type of blatant incompetence.

In addition, the Bills lost 3 interior linemen: Dockery, Fowler, and Preston. Now, all three have been disappointing and it was the team's decision to let them go, so there is no problem there. However, to date the Bills have only signed Hangartner (more on that later). Forget about talent for a moment- right now we don't even have enough bodies for an OL. And there aren't a lot of quality options left. It's difficult to see how this OL will improve going into the upcoming season.

Third, Marshawn Lynch sucks. I'm not talking about on the field. He's probably the team's best player on the field, and certainly the most entertaining to watch. But he is showing himself to be a thug and he apparently hasn't outgrown the character issues he had in college. The man deserves every second of the suspension that the NFL will hit him with. Unfortunately, his teammates and the fans do not.

• mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: BillsZone Exclusive: The State of the Bills

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Gotta love Op! I know it's all his *****ing, but it's a good article! Well done.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I realize there is a lot of *****ing in there, but does anyone else understand my frustration? This team has done NOTHING to get better and we're falling further behind our opponents.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Lone Stranger
          • Sep 2002

I agree with the general tone of your message. It is very obvious that since Bill Polian was let go the franchise has been in a quagmire. And Ralph and his cronies do not have the ability to pull us out and run it effectively. Fortunately there are a few other franchises that are run in a similar manner, otherwise, we would have exclusive residence in the basement.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I realize there is a lot of *****ing in there, but does anyone else understand my frustration? This team has done NOTHING to get better and we're falling further behind our opponents.
            For once, I actually agree with your *****ing and have never been as disgusted and frustrated with the team as I am now....

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I couldnt agree more with this article, it is a shame that alot of people including Sports media outlets and all who cover the Bills except chris Brown call this team out with no response
              The Bills right now are scary bad, and they like the article said have done nothing let me repeat nothing to improve as all the teams in the division have
              i hope we are going for the 1st overall pick next year cause with Skeletor as Head Coach we will continue to suffer under his emotionless horrible passionless ways
              John Guy still has a job???? how many times do u fail before fired? name one impact FA since TKO he is also part of the regime of Tom D, and so is Modrak who has missed on picks one after the other
              THen promoting Russ Brandon was a joke were is this guy? when u gonna talk to the fans? same goes for Skeletor
              I seriously cant stand what is going on....
              it is scary and sad at the same time, that the media at OBD (chris brown)will brainwash us on who we do sign and draft and then we will all watch again as we fail with the same talent evaluators and same Coaching
              Sad it really is
              Dont insult the fanbase's intelligence Ralp u scumbag crook
              Last edited by bigbub2352; 03-06-2009, 02:41 PM.
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I think even the most upbeat, optimistic fans have become totally disillusioned with this franchise over the past several years. It's hard to see any hope under the current regime.

I can no longer rationalize or sugar coat stuff like I once did, because there is no longer even a shred of evidence that things will get better.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X