PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins got knight.. basically..

Tatonka
05-12-2003, 08:16 PM
Dolphins | Knight Chooses Dolphins? - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 17:36:04 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports it appears unrestricted free agent S Sammy Knight (Saints) will choose to sign with the Miami Dolphins after canceling his visit with the Green Bay Packers. According to an associate of Knight, he hopes to reach a deal with Miami in the next few days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Packers | Knight Cancels Visit - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 17:33:49 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports unrestricted free agent S Sammy Knight (Saints) cancelled his visit with the Green Bay Packers scheduled for Monday, May 12.

oh well.. :squish:

Jaydog57
05-13-2003, 02:11 AM
Yeah, who knows? With Lucas gone and a few veterans added, we might actually show up to play when you guys come down to Miami this year:cool:

Cntrygal
05-13-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
Yeah, who knows? With Lucas gone and a few veterans added, we might actually show up to play when you guys come down to Miami this year:cool:

Aww.... don't do that on our account. We don't mind when ya take time off. :D

Stewie
05-13-2003, 06:50 AM
The guy runs a 5.1 in the 40.. We could send Mike Williams on go routes on him, and big mike would get wiiide open..

Jaydog57
05-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

Aww.... don't do that on our account. We don't mind when ya take time off. :D LOL, it's ok, the least we can do, anything to make it seem like you have a chance in the playoffs.......:cool:j/k:cool:

Tatonka
05-13-2003, 06:53 AM
paul, you know as well as i do that that is bullcrap.. that was a supposed quote by haslett..

he makes plays.. and has blown the numbers by every other safety in the league out of the water.

The Spaz
05-13-2003, 09:53 AM
The Dolphins are just being stupid. Don't they already have one of the better defenses in the league?! What they really need to do is concentrate on their WR core. That group is pathetic. They draft EDDIE MOORE in the 2nd round. This Dolphin franchise is going into a free fall after this upcoming season. Go Bills!

lunatic_bills_fan
05-13-2003, 11:54 AM
I would really like to know where the heck the Phins are gettin this money. I mean regardless of your opinions of them Seau,Knight, and Greise are big name players. I dont remember exact numbers of their cap situation, but I didnt think it would allow for all these signings.

Muck
05-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Knight runs a 4.68 according to CouchScout. He brings the instincts and hard-hitting ability that the Phins crave. Freeman just isn't a SS. He's 185 lbs.

The contract is also solid. 2-years, $2.38 million. $300K signing bonus. Very manageable. Grand Larceny. It's essentially a 1-year experiment.

Miami's strength is on D. And they continue to improve it. Also, the WR core will be better than you think. Wait and see. Question is, will the QB be on top of his game to get it to them.

WCoastFin
05-13-2003, 01:10 PM
Its Official.....

WCoastFin
05-13-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
The Dolphins are just being stupid. Don't they already have one of the better defenses in the league?! What they really need to do is concentrate on their WR core. That group is pathetic. They draft EDDIE MOORE in the 2nd round. This Dolphin franchise is going into a free fall after this upcoming season. Go Bills!

These are the same kind of fans that end up wondering "how in the heck did they do it?" or "how did they get so good?" at the end of the season....You see we dont settle for "better", we settle for "Best"

Stewie
05-13-2003, 05:26 PM
Wait did I just see a dolphins fan say "best" and "end of the season" together?

Do I even need to continue??

Ingtar33
05-14-2003, 12:28 AM
WC,

Don't you worry about how slow your D is getting? Don't get me wrong, your D has been dominant for a long time with one of the fastest front 7's I've seen... throw in their very fast DBs and you get one of the fastest Ds in the league... The Broncos copied your formula to some success last season without any of the 'big names' the Dolphins field...

Now I see them getting slower and older and more expensive by the acquisition... first Seau, an old shadow of his former glory, replacing Rodgers (a younger faster but not as accomplished player)... and now Knight, who is at best described as slow, who has a lot of INTs but not much else to show for his career... and never (even ask Haslet) was a factor in their D, in fact was a bit of a detriment with his slow foot speed.

In short the ‘fins are replacing two fast players with two very slow ones… that will translate onto the field in some way (maybe less YPC, more INTs, but a lot more game breaking plays…)… I don’t like these moves in much the same way that I don’t like the two players the Pats added to their D… as Colvin is not fast (quick, very quick though), nor is Harrison, and the guys they replace were faster.

Now Bills fans can complain about TD’s acquisitions, and admittedly, some of them are not as big named as the guys both the Fins and Pats added, but I love the speed they bring to the team. They are all much faster than the guys they replace (Reese is faster than Prieleau, Spikes much faster than Robinson, Posey faster than Newman, Jones/McKenzie/Kelsay faster than Chidi A.), and almost universally better players (than the guys they replace).

Tatonka
05-14-2003, 08:46 AM
i hope your right ing.

WCoastFin
05-14-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
WC,

Don't you worry about how slow your D is getting? Don't get me wrong, your D has been dominant for a long time with one of the fastest front 7's I've seen... throw in their very fast DBs and you get one of the fastest Ds in the league... The Broncos copied your formula to some success last season without any of the 'big names' the Dolphins field...

Now I see them getting slower and older and more expensive by the acquisition... first Seau, an old shadow of his former glory, replacing Rodgers (a younger faster but not as accomplished player)... and now Knight, who is at best described as slow, who has a lot of INTs but not much else to show for his career... and never (even ask Haslet) was a factor in their D, in fact was a bit of a detriment with his slow foot speed.

In short the ‘fins are replacing two fast players with two very slow ones… that will translate onto the field in some way (maybe less YPC, more INTs, but a lot more game breaking plays…)… I don’t like these moves in much the same way that I don’t like the two players the Pats added to their D… as Colvin is not fast (quick, very quick though), nor is Harrison, and the guys they replace were faster.

Now Bills fans can complain about TD’s acquisitions, and admittedly, some of them are not as big named as the guys both the Fins and Pats added, but I love the speed they bring to the team. They are all much faster than the guys they replace (Reese is faster than Prieleau, Spikes much faster than Robinson, Posey faster than Newman, Jones/McKenzie/Kelsay faster than Chidi A.), and almost universally better players (than the guys they replace).

Actually not now, I dont worry now, maybe after a couple of years i may start too, but not now, I think what we did here was great a mix of guys at their peak and guys with experiance....this should be one heck of a ride.....

The Spaz
05-14-2003, 11:05 PM
There peak was 5 years ago...lol!:) Go Bills!

Muck
05-15-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
WC,

Speed isn't everything. If it were, than today's superstar WRs would be replaced by the camp fodder that gets cut every August.

Freeman and Rodgers are very fast. But they simply do not make plays. Freeman has exactly 1 INT in three seasons. And at 185 lbs, he didn't exactly strike fear in WRs coming across the middle. And run support wasn't his strong suit. Knight has tremendous instincts and hitting ability. He's also got the size to play SS which Freeman lacked.

Same goes for Rodgers. The only thing he's got on Seau is speed. But Junior is superior to him in every other aspect of the game. And his anticipation and football instincts more than make up for Rodgers speed advantage. Also, Junior will have a big season. Everybody says he's lost it. But he'll be playing on two ankles this year.

The Phins are even more dangerous this year on defense.

The Natrix
05-18-2003, 04:58 PM
Miami always goes down the tubes in December.

Yeah, just what they need, two old guys who will be wishing the season was over come December, so they can go play bingo and sit on park benches.

Miami is a joke. Don't these felon fans realize we just don't care? The best they can hope for is third place, although I don't see it happening because Jets > dolphins. As far as I'm concerned NE and Buffalo will be on top of the division.