PDA

View Full Version : If I were GM

NoCrowell?
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
- I would do my very best to Bring TO, Holt, or Harrison 1 of the 3 in that order

- would Resign Duke Preston for depth purposes

-I would package Trent Edwards and our 2nd for Cutler and Sheffler

I would trade our 3rd for Waters(The KC guard)

I woud Trade Fat John McCargo and our 4th to the Browns for Shawn Rogers

I would also sign Kendall Simmons, Mike Peterson, and Cato June

Draft Robert Ayers with our 1st Pick

I know this would entail a lot of money and most of our draft picks. I outlandish as I'm sure this sounds, I think realistically all of these teams would be willing to trade these guys. I guarantee if we made all of these moves we would be in the playoffs! Go team

T-Long
03-06-2009, 05:49 PM
1. None of them will be signed
2. Like Preston as a backup to Hangartner
3. Never going to happen
4. LOVE IT for Waters
5. I'd probably **** my pants if we got Shaun Rogers
6. No reason to sign both Petersen and June...one of them and Simmons
7. Ayers only if Orakpo and Brown aren't there

Jaybird
03-06-2009, 05:50 PM
........and that is why you are not GM!

NoCrowell?
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah i guess that's why.......It would be weird if a GM actually made moves to help a team be competitive. I guess 7-9 sounds awesome for the 4th year in row. Good Post, seriously good post

Pinkerton Security
03-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah i guess that's why.......It would be weird if a GM actually made moves to help a team be competitive. I guess 7-9 sounds awesome for the 4th year in row. Good Post, seriously good post

you're ******ed if you think A) we can get Shaun Rogers for Mccargo and a 4th, B) we will sign both Cato June and Mike Peterson when we have Poz and Kawika, C) all it would take would be trent and a 2nd for those 2 guys (you're basically saying we can trade Trent for Scheffler, and Cutler for a 2nd - never happen)

So, ya, good post...seriously...

good post.

Mr. Pink
03-06-2009, 06:06 PM
You are not a GM because outside of 2 of them none of those moves are in any way, shape or form close to realistic.

We could sign one of those 3 WRs....Harrison I think being the easiest, not that I'd want anything to do with him at this point in his career.

And the 3rd for Waters might be enough to pry him from KC.

Outside of that, just pure comedy man...Denver has now stated they have no intent on trading Cutler. That was all speculation and due to McDaniels wanting to bring Cassel in. And McCargo and a 4th for Rogers? :rofl: Damaged goods and a mid pick for a pro-bowler? RIIIIIIIIIGHT.

So my question for you is this...were you sober when you posted these ideas?

NoCrowell?
03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Acutally, it would be Trent for Cutler and Sheffler for a 2nd. If Denver was willing to trade Cassel for Cutler straight up, I don't see how Cassell is that much better than Edwards at this point. In fact, I believe Edwards would fit the McDaniels offense much better than Cutler, and, at this point their relationship is icy at best. So, who knows? Denver may jump on that.

Good Post though, Sike.

NoCrowell?
03-06-2009, 06:47 PM
You are not a GM because outside of 2 of them none of those moves are in any way, shape or form close to realistic.

We could sign one of those 3 WRs....Harrison I think being the easiest, not that I'd want anything to do with him at this point in his career.

And the 3rd for Waters might be enough to pry him from KC.

Outside of that, just pure comedy man...Denver has now stated they have no intent on trading Cutler. That was all speculation and due to McDaniels wanting to bring Cassel in. And McCargo and a 4th for Rogers? :rofl: Damaged goods and a mid pick for a pro-bowler? RIIIIIIIIIGHT.

So my question for you is this...were you sober when you posted these ideas?

Were you sober when you added that avatar? If it looks like a rat.....

trapezeus
03-06-2009, 07:45 PM
-

You essentially you'd like to trade a shiny quarter and a promissory note for 5 cents for $100 now and another $50. I can't see what the broncos wouldn't jump all over that deal

NoCrowell?
03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
you're ******ed if you think A) we can get Shaun Rogers for Mccargo and a 4th, B) we will sign both Cato June and Mike Peterson when we have Poz and Kawika, C) all it would take would be trent and a 2nd for those 2 guys (you're basically saying we can trade Trent for Scheffler, and Cutler for a 2nd - never happen)

So, ya, good post...seriously...

good post.

BTW signing Peterson and June would be good at this point. Remember what happened last year when Crowell got hurt? Oh yeah we were stuck with Ellison getting pancaked all season. So signing two linebackers would give us much needed depth and the competition would sort out the 3 starters. The Shaun Rogers thing might

yordad
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM
- I would do my very best to Bring TO, Holt, or Harrison 1 of the 3 in that order

- would Resign Duke Preston for depth purposes

I would trade our 3rd for Waters(The KC guard)

I would also sign Kendall Simmons, Mike Peterson, and Cato June

Draft Robert Ayers with our 1st Pick

I know this would entail a lot of money and most of our draft picks. I outlandish as I'm sure this sounds, I think realistically all of these teams would be willing to trade these guys. I guarantee if we made all of these moves we would be in the playoffs! Go teamThe contract additions of TO, Cutler, Sheffler (last year of contract, I believe), Walters (who openly asked for a raise), Rogers, Simmons, Preston, Peterson, and June wouldn't even be dented by the loss of Edwards and McCargo. How would you do all that? And Peters, and Jaskson.

I don't see how Cassell is that much better than Edwards at this point. In fact, I believe Edwards would fit the McDaniels offense much better than Cutler, and, at this point their relationship is icy at best. So, who knows?This isn't a bad point. McDaniels is said to be after a "cerebral" QB.

Pinkerton Security
03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Acutally, it would be Trent for Cutler and Sheffler for a 2nd. If Denver was willing to trade Cassel for Cutler straight up, I don't see how Cassell is that much better than Edwards at this point. In fact, I believe Edwards would fit the McDaniels offense much better than Cutler, and, at this point their relationship is icy at best. So, who knows? Denver may jump on that.

Good Post though, Sike.

sike? havent heard that since the 3rd grade, buckaroo.

but I havent seen anyone yet who agrees with you or thinks these ideas are feasible soooo, not sure what to tell you.

NoCrowell?
03-06-2009, 08:39 PM
sike? havent heard that since the 3rd grade, buckaroo.

but I havent seen anyone yet who agrees with you or thinks these ideas are feasible soooo, not sure what to tell you.

Lol, except the guy that posted right before you on the edwards front. Obviously, when I posted all of those ideas I didn't think it was feasible to do everyone. I was just saying hypothetically these are some trade ideas I'd explore if I were a GM. Having said all of that, the Rogers idea may have been more of a stretch than his waistline. I doubt McCrapo has any value left. I think we should explore getting him somehow because every year we continually suck in short yardage and goal line situations. It would be nice to get a big body in there to go along with stroud, while keep K Williams and Spence fresh. But of course we will get the same rhetoric about Rogers not fitting the sceme from Chris Brown. I've seen Rogers play many times. He's a monster and fits any sceme.

PH83
03-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Clearly he's just playing around, there's no way any person with a working brain believes that most of the above is possible. A couple classics that stick out:

I would package Trent Edwards and our 2nd for Cutler and Sheffler

NoCrowell?
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Looks like all of you guys were right about TO. Not, lol......

The funny thing is that I wrote the Chris Brown an angry letter about how they were the Bills are balless and would never go after TO just two days prior. In a nutshell, I told him that did Jauron was captain mediocrity and they need to make this move to shake things up.

Since that worked so well I wrote him a letter today about how they should go after Gonzales. It was probably just a coincidence but i'd figure I'd do it again anyway. If we somehow get Gonzales he will be getting many more letters from me. Lol, that was the first time I ever wrote him BTW.

TonyBlack
03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
If I Was The Owner...

I WOULD FIRE YOU!!!!!

NoCrowell?
03-10-2009, 08:38 PM
You probably think Rob Johnson was good Quaterback too. If you were the owner you'd build a time machine and trade 2 first round picks for him. Good one you bundle of sticks.
If I Was The Owner...

I WOULD FIRE YOU!!!!!

TonyBlack
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
You probably think Rob Johnson was good Quaterback too. If you were the owner you'd build a time machine and trade 2 first round picks for him. Good one you bundle of sticks.
usually i never liked rob johnson, but if i had to trade 4 a qb i would get cassel or cutler.

NoCrowell?
03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
BUMP!!!! Remember all of you that laughed about all of my suggestions.

Cutler and Sheffler to Buffalo baby!!! oh yeah!!

NoCrowell?
03-16-2009, 08:59 PM
BTW......The most outlandish trade suggestion I made was definitely the one involving Fat John McCrapo and Shaun Rogers.(I realize this) However, if that deal magically happens as well I will officially cream my pants.

FlyingDutchman
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
you wonder why people dont seem to like you...? seriously?