PDA

View Full Version : My two cents on the game

chernobylwraiths
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
First, what the F*** does somebody have to do to our goalie for someone to go after them? Guy drills Lalime (and no penalty either) and Butler just shoves the guy a couple times. Max has been FLYING since he came back and has been making opportunities. The hit on him was fine, but jumping on him was a bit much. Gaustad was RIGHT after Klee on that hit, and Doan jumps on him, things settle down and Rivet gives the guy a shot and Doan wants to then go at him. What's the result? Gaustad 2 for roughing and Rivet a 10 minute misconduct.

The officiating was HORRIBLE tonight. First they stop a possible fight between Rivet and Doan and there was chippy play the rest of the game. The missed call on hitting our goalie behind the net. Second straight game where a guy with the puck gets hit and we get a penalty for interference. Jovanovski, what a cheap shot at the end? How did he not get a match for that?

Quick hits:

Connolly was very good tonight. He is extremely talented, but tell me you don't cringe every time he takes a hit.

Lalime was solid again. He is a very capable NHL goaltender, and he is only a backup.

Like the Moore kid, I think he will be fine. Hopefully he brings this game the rest of the season.

Notice how when something happens when Gaustad and Rivet are on the ice, they don't stand for that crap. I REALLY hope that some of the youngsters take something from that.

I don't care that he scored, Pomminville better start playing better. Several opportunities and missed the net. Even the goal he seemed to fan on.

I saw some drive and determination from most of them tonight for most of the game. Only a couple of times they were running around in their own zone. Good game in all. Keep it up because the other teams have to start losing.

ct bills fan
03-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Connolly didn't take any hits tonight

you're right that Poms shot wide on that one shot as did Hecht on another occasion. Don't complain about his goal though.

Lalime won the game for them tonight. 5-1 isn't a good indication of how close this was.

Moore looks small to me although he will help on the PK and especially on draws though.

Vanek was pretty much MIA tonight

Tallinder looks like he's afraid to take a hit to me - I thought we should have traded him.

I'd hate to play against Kaleta

Big game tomorrow - let's hope a couple teams ahead of us start falling apart; Montreal, NYR??

Briere is hurt again and Drury has sucked for the Rangers this year (I live near NYC). Maybe it's fine we didn't sign hem?

If by some miracle Connelly can stay relatively healthy the next two years, $9m will be a major bargain.

Ebenezer
03-07-2009, 09:38 AM
First, what the F*** does somebody have to do to our goalie for someone to go after them? Guy drills Lalime (and no penalty either) and Butler just shoves the guy a couple times.

I was at the game. Butler wanted to pop the guy but the ref literally stood behind him and then skated no more than six feet away from him the entire way up the ice...had Butler touched him he would have gotten a penalty. The officiating was terrible. It was very one sided with three make up calls in the last five minutes to make the score sheet look good. Had I been a Sabre I wouldn't have breathed wrong last night.