PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this Trade?

ct bills fan
03-06-2009, 10:21 PM
The Eagles desperately need an OT. Would you trade Peters for both of their #1's: 21 & 28? I don't even know if the eagles would do this, but, it's enticing.

With #11 we could take Raja or Crabtree (if they fall) or an OT or a DE. At 21 & 28 you could take Pettigrew and whatever you need to fill that you didn't fill at #11, meaning an OT or a DE. With the 2nd rd pick, you fill another hole like Guard. The way this team looks, and with the 2009 schedule, it doesn't look like it's a playoff team in 2009 anyway. 4 picks in the top 43 seems pretty nice, expecially considering the depth of talent in this draft. Probably a pipe dream, but ...

Thoughts?

X-Era
03-06-2009, 10:21 PM
The Eagles desperately need an OT. Would you trade Peters for both of their #1's: 21 & 28? I don't even know if the eagles would do this, but, it's enticing.

With #11 we could take Raja or Crabtree (if they fall) or an OT or a DE. At 21 & 28 you could take Pettigrew and whatever you need to fill that you didn't fill at #11, meaning an OT or a DE. With the 2nd rd pick, you fill another hole like Guard. The way this team looks, and with the 2009 schedule, it doesn't look like it's a playoff team in 2009 anyway. 4 picks in the top 43 seems pretty nice, expecially considering the depth of talent in this draft. Probably a pipe dream, but ...

Thoughts?

Yes, lets forget trying to think straight, lets have another beer!

ct bills fan
03-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Nice argument against it Trent - I like the way you debate - tremendous reasoning.

billogic99
03-06-2009, 11:19 PM
No chance in Hell the Eagles give up 2 1st round picks for a guy that gave up 11.5 sacks last year.

Stewie
03-06-2009, 11:51 PM
but he's a probowler.

Buddo
03-07-2009, 05:09 AM
If you knew there was going to be a good OT prospect available at 11, then I would consider it, especially as the JP saga pt 2 looks as though it's ready to roll into town.
Trouble is, you cannot guarantee that.
I also doubt that the Eagles would be prepared to give up both of the picks tbh.
At which point, it probably isn't worth it, unless they threw in their 2nd rounder as well. It would also have to be the earlier of the 2 firsts they have as well, as they are supposedly pretty high on Pettigrew.
One thing is certain though, signing the #11 pick for 5 years, is going to be a lot cheaper than signing Peters for 5 years.

TacklingDummy
03-07-2009, 06:15 AM

Thoughts?

Without a doubt.

yordad
03-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Yep. I think so. He is a headache who quit on the team. We could get a team player OT @ 11 to replace him. One who, as a rookie, probably wouldn't give up as many sacks. There should be one worthy of the choice available too.

Then you can get Johnson or Ayers (DE) and maybe Pettigrew. But, would be rid of one large headache. I guess it is a fair trade.

justasportsfan
03-07-2009, 09:17 AM
no. Draft picks may or may not pan out. I don't trust our FO to get it right to begin with . If you give Peters up for picks that means we're in rebuild mode for 4 years straight and seeing how this staff is horrible in developing players, I'll pass.

ct bills fan
03-07-2009, 10:10 AM
the cost per season of #11, 21 and 28 (other than the initial signing bonuses) would be less than what Peters is looking for also. In saying that, I don't think Phi would do the trade, just throwing it out there. I think Peters is a bit overrated and I think 2 impact 1st rounders would be good for the present and future.

Lexwhat
03-07-2009, 10:28 AM
IMO, the Eagles are NOT in desperate need for a Tackle. Yes, they "need" a tackle, but they really covet draft picks and don't usually trade them away like that. I'm sure Banner / Reid have a plan in mind for the O-Line.

They just signed Stacy Andrews (who can play RT or G) to a new 6-year deal for a lot of money. Both starting tackles from last year (Jon Runyan and Tra Thomas) are free agents, but IMO, it's possible one might come back on a 1-2 year deal.

(Winston Justice is their young Tackle, but he'll probably never amount to anything except depth. In other words - BUST!).

Anyways, when DraftBoy made his very first mock for the 2009 draft, I predicted they would take a tackle with one of their 1st round picks. I still believe that.

To answer your question: No, I wouldn't make that trade if I were the Bills. We don't draft particularly well, and trading away Peters would be a bad idea.

casdhf
03-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Peters will be a force this year, he's playing for a contract extension.

yordad
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Peters will be a force this year, he's playing for a contract extension.What was he doing last year?