PDA

View Full Version : Sirius NFL radio talking about TO to Buffalo

Raptor
03-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Mentioned PFT and mentioned Sals site and said it is indeed true that the Bills have asked about him

yordad
03-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Now all we need is for him to give some sort of response. Any.

ublinkwescore
03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
I really doubt this happens.

Coach Sal
03-07-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm being credited on PFT.com now and they say they have a source, as well, corraborating this news:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/07/bills-chasing-to/

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Good national exposure for your site, Coach! :bf1:

The TO thing still isn't gonna happen though, I hope to Jesus Christ Son of the Almighty God. :pray:

Forward_Lateral
03-07-2009, 10:28 AM
TO will probably laugh publically and sign with the Redskins.

im8th2buffalo
03-07-2009, 10:30 AM
His response:
I don't know why Laverneus Coles, Fred Taylor, Jabari Greer, & Kevin Jones
didn't sign with Buffalo. It is the place to be. I am going to Buffalo. We are Superbowl bound.
:xtreme::historian::poop::crap:

Thurmal
03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm all for it. What's the worst that can happen? We miss the playoffs?

B-DON
03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm being credited on PFT.com now and they say they have a source, as well, corraborating this news:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/07/bills-chasing-to/

love the shot at brandon being a non football guy

justasportsfan
03-07-2009, 10:36 AM
If true what happened to HIgh character players. In the end Dick sold out.

lordofgun
03-07-2009, 10:41 AM
What do we have to lose?

B-DON
03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
who wants to bet he takes our offer and goes to another team that just one ups us?

im8th2buffalo
03-07-2009, 10:43 AM
They might sign him, have a losing season & miss the playoffs. Dick Jauron would get fired. We don't want that, Do we???

Or
Maybe we won't sign him, have a losing season, miss the playoffs again. Dick Jauron will get fired. Hey what's up with that? Poor DICK.

EDS
03-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Please no.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Get that crazy bastard up here.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 11:19 AM
HELL NO!!! :mad:

:puke:

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 11:20 AM
after thinking about this for a long time.. this team sucks.. we are not going anywhere.. we havent done anything in a decade... what the hell could get worse?

i mean TO never gets in trouble off the field. ever right? has he ever been suspended by the league? has he ever done drugs? has he ever gotten in trouble with the law? i dont know for sure, but i don't think he has.

he just has a big mouth.. he doesnt know when to shut up.. can you put something in his contract that says he has to shut up?

i dont know.. i just want to see the team do something to win.. this seems like a high risk, high reward thing. the guy definately plays with passion.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
after thinking about this for a long time.. this team sucks.. we are not going anywhere.. we havent done anything in a decade... what the hell could get worse?

i mean TO never gets in trouble off the field. ever right? has he ever been suspended by the league? has he ever done drugs? has he ever gotten in trouble with the law? i dont know for sure, but i don't think he has.

he just has a big mouth.. he doesnt know when to shut up.. can you put something in his contract that says he has to shut up?

i dont know.. i just want to see the team do something to win.. this seems like a high risk, high reward thing. the guy definately plays with passion.
Seriously!

WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT ONE OF THE BEST WRS IN THE LEAGUE ON THE BILLS?

DynaPaul
03-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Come on... it's too ridiculous to believe. TO only wants to go to a playoff caliber team. Send him to the Patriots so him and Moss can fight over the ball.

Ingtar33
03-07-2009, 12:01 PM

that's where i am too

Michael82
03-07-2009, 12:04 PM

That's where I'm at. Sure I have always hated TO as a person, but he's a damn good football player and would make a pathetic offseason exciting for a change. Hmmmm.....

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
That's where I'm at. Sure I have always hated TO as a person, but he's a damn good football player and would make a pathetic offseason exciting for a change. Hmmmm.....

You are waffling again........

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
i will never say i am a fan of the guy.. but he does make me laugh sometimes.. i am pretty sure that if he was catching touchdowns in the Patriots stadium for US, and screaming at the crowd "you love to hate me, but i love me some me!" that all bills fans would warm up to him plenty quick.

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 12:11 PM

people can change their minds.

if you would have asked me last season if i wanted him, i would have said hell no.

but seeing that we cant get coles.. we are not going to do much else in free agency.. we need something.. anything.. and how can the franchise be in worse shape?

Michael82
03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
So is most people in these threads. Ask them what they thought about TO last year. And I'm betting most would have said HELL NO. Like me....but with our PATHETIC offseason and the fact that this season looks like it's going to be a joke, adding a guy like TO to the team would at least get people talking about the Bills again and give us some great entertainment. Tell me you wouldn't want to watch him rip Turk Schonert on the sidelines...

So quit it with the waffling crap. People change their minds all the time. :blahblah:

And I'm not waffling, I still hate the guy, but I could see why some people would want to bring him aboard and I know deep down, I would enjoy the circus that he would bring to the team.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 12:15 PM
i will never say i am a fan of the guy.. but he does make me laugh sometimes.. i am pretty sure that if he was catching touchdowns in the Patriots stadium for US, and screaming at the crowd "you love to hate me, but i love me some me!" that all bills fans would warm up to him plenty quick.

Yeah, a lot of people who hate the guy would learn to love him when he's catching TDs at Ralph Wilson Stadium against the Patriots or at Foxboro.

people can change their minds.

if you would have asked me last season if i wanted him, i would have said hell no.

but seeing that we cant get coles.. we are not going to do much else in free agency.. we need something.. anything.. and how can the franchise be in worse shape?

Great post! We are all entitled to change our minds. Some do it more than others. This calling people out **** needs to end! Especially when I guarantee that I'm not the only one that would change my mind if it actually happened.

dplus47
03-07-2009, 12:17 PM
i think the bills would be a good fit for TO. they need some kind of shot in the arm, and it would look good for TO if he signed with a struggling team and they showed some dramatic improvement.

it seems to me that it's win-win for everybody, because if the experiment blows up, TO and rosenhouse could say "it was the bills, they suck" and the bills could say "it's TO, he's toxic." and if it happens to work, you have a bills resurgence a lot like there was right after the bledsoe trade. i know many of you may look back at that time and say "ugh," but as a fan of a division rival, i remember the bills suddenly becoming scary...

as others have said, "what's the worst that could happen? the bills finish with a losing record and they don't make the playoffs? jauron gets fired?"

Bone
03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Sign the bastard, are team is **** anyways, at least we might have a chance scoring some points. Let's get Vick here too, Edwards will never last a full season anyways.

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 12:22 PM
i know you were joking (i hope) but i would have a serious issue with vick.. that is beyone saying some stupid things and being a premadona... that is about some serious violations of the law and not valuing the life of a dog.. which i have a major issue with. i can honestly say that if they signed vick, it would make me ill.

madness
03-07-2009, 01:06 PM
For all those fans who want the Bills to win now, it's time to put up or shut up. No matter how much you can't stand him, he instantly improves this crappy offense. You want a clutch go to receiver? He's the man. Yes, he had a lot of drops last year but he also made some big plays to keep the offense on the field when Romo couldn't find his BFF. Drop the stupid character comments too. For the millionth time... It's football character. T.O. is one of the hardest working receivers in the game and that's what the Bills cherish.

I'm not thrilled by thought of T.O. the person coming to Buffalo but I'm estatic about the possibility of having T.O. the receiver on the Bills.

bigbub2352
03-07-2009, 01:33 PM
**** it at this point really what does this team have to lose?

jaybo_05
03-07-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fans in buffalo. People say TO needs to be on a team with a strong coach or GM that can keep him in line. Well we certainly don't have those personalities but our fans have more than our share of bite and it could get really interesting if he signs then starts pulling his usual crap in Buffalo.

Mahdi
03-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Seriously I don't see the downside here. If TO comes and messes everything up, what then? We go 6-10 and don't make it to the playoffs? We haven't made if for 10 years anyways.... The upside is that TO comes in and forms a sick tandem with Lee and we actually compete in our division for once. Not only that but with those two at WR you can forget about teams loading up on Marshawn and Fred.

TO gets mad when he loses... the guy wants to win in the worst way and he puts the work in everyday, he blocks his ars off in the run game and he goes across the middle and takes a beating. A player like that can also have a positive effect on a team.

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2009, 03:18 PM
So is most people in these threads. Ask them what they thought about TO last year. And I'm betting most would have said HELL NO. Like me....but with our PATHETIC offseason and the fact that this season looks like it's going to be a joke, adding a guy like TO to the team would at least get people talking about the Bills again and give us some great entertainment. Tell me you wouldn't want to watch him rip Turk Schonert on the sidelines...

So quit it with the waffling crap. People change their minds all the time. :blahblah:

And I'm not waffling, I still hate the guy, but I could see why some people would want to bring him aboard and I know deep down, I would enjoy the circus that he would bring to the team.

I understand. And part of me is getting caught up in the frenzy as well. But the reasons many of us were opposed to signing him this AM still exist.

And hell, you even said hell no this AM. Don't let the possibility of it happening get us to ignore the negatives he brings.

Although the idea that he won't hurt the team is a very valid one.