PDA

View Full Version : You guys crack me up

The Juice Is Loose
03-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Ok, within the last year, between Laveurneus Coles and Terrell Owens, one of them publicly criticized their franchise...Coles.

There's no comparing the two players on the field. Coles couldn't carry TO's jock.

And yet you all are "No way" to TO, but you were all dying to pay Coles, who complains about his organization publicly, $7 mil a year.

LOL!!!

I love you all as people. We're all Bills fans and we all should get along when it comes down to it. But the logic just isn't there.

This team has no charactor. This team has no personality. TO would be the kick start these people needed. Negative response to failure?! I have no problem with that from any player. These players need to get pissed and need to get a chip on their shoulder.

We need TO more than anybody ever has.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
:bf1:

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
i actually don't disagree.

soapman
03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Well said....

Bulldog
03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
If there was ever a time for this franchise to take a chance, it's now! The Bills have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Normally, I be against this. But considering the current (sad) state of this team, it's a no brainer. The Bills are in dire need of star power right now, and nobody brings more star power than TO. I doubt this will happen for various reasons, but if I were the Bills, I'd pull the trigger on this.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 11:52 AM
hmmm, I can't stand TO and hate the way he destroys all the teams from the inside out, but it would be fun to watch for one year. Hmmm.....

yordad
03-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Sounds like we're convincing Mikey. :lol:

The Juice Is Loose
03-07-2009, 12:35 PM
I'll lay some more evidence down. Does it not seem odd that the only players in Dallas that will go on record, have nothing but positive things to say?

Marion Barber:

“I don’t cause controversy, I’m just straightforward,” Barber told Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News. “[Critics] are trying to make [Owens] into something he’s not. I felt the same way like everybody else, but then I met the man. Once you know who he is, he’s a great guy (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/030709dnspocowlede.35f7f4d.html).”
“I just think during that time, the other fellas have to figure out a way to come together as one and make it work as a whole,” Barber said. “It starts in the locker room with any team. I firmly believe that and it’s unfortunate that we couldn’t get a hold of it. . . .
“On any team, you’re going to have different personalities, and you’re going to have conflict. You have to figure out a way to make it work, regardless of the situation.”

Greg Ellis:

“I think it takes more than one person to make it a bad locker room, if you will,” Ellis said. “And I say that because you’ve got to realize you’re dealing with the NFL. You’re not dealing with weak-hearted men. You’re dealing with men that are used to coaches in their face cursing them out, saying a lot of bad things to them, a lot of language that you can’t say on the radio. So you’re used to that type of thing so I just don’t buy into that any football player can verbally or really physically say one thing or do one thing to another football player to divide that football team.
“I just haven’t bought into it when people were saying it when he was on this team, hadn’t bought into it when he was on other teams saying that kind of stuff. I would say this about T.O. T.O. is the type of person who is going to say what’s on his mind and if you really pay attention to it he’s telling the truth. When you really break it down and analyze it he’s telling the truth.”
“Do I think it was a good move?” Ellis said of the decision to dump Owens. “I don’t think it was a good move. Yeah, to me I’m disappointed in it. When I see T.O. — and you’ve got to watch people, not necessarily what they say but watch their actions. And, I mean, to me when I seen T.O. that day, that football game in Dallas, on our sideline, Patrick Crayton got the ball and T.O. comes out of nowhere and throws a block.
“That guy wants to play football. That guy cares and wants to win football games. When things aren’t going his way and the ball isn’t coming his way and all that kind of stuff, to me he was just saying, ‘Man, I want to get more balls.’ And I heard him say, ‘When I get my numbers, when I get the numbers, we win football games.’ And that was true.”

---I got all those quotes from profootballtalk.com. So most of you probably already saw them. Doesn't it bother you that the only people with negative things to say, are afraid to be identified? The fact of the matter here, is that a couple company guys, probably Romo and Witten, decided they didn't like TO and pulled the cards to get him gone. None of them will step up and say, hey, I wanted TO gone. Not on record.

So what's that mean? Probably 80% of his teammates liked and respected him.

He certainly got it done on the field.

He'd instantly make us a playoff team. Period.

!Papacrunk!
03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Bret Favre is obviously not TO, but I remember the Gang Green threads when they signed Favre...