PDA

View Full Version : The one thing that I don't understand....

Michael82
03-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Terrell Owens is the opposite of EVERYTHING that Dick Jauron preaches (team unity, a good locker room full of fine upstanding guys, smart players). Why on Earth would he push Russ Brandon and Ralph to sign "TO"? Does he really think that he could handle him? Does he think that TO will be able to handle the ****ty play calling by Turk Schonert? Or does he feel DESPERATE to win, and he knows that TO makes this offense so much better? So he'll take TO to keep his job? :idunno:

:feedback:

The Spaz
03-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm torn on this. I absolutely hate TO but I hate losing too. The guy is an ******* is a team cancer but he makes plays and scored TD's.:idunno:

DrGraves
03-07-2009, 01:59 PM
DJ is trying to avoid becoming the second team to go 0-16

yordad
03-07-2009, 02:00 PM
He is desperate.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm torn on this. I absolutely hate TO but I hate losing too. The guy is an ******* is a team cancer but he makes plays and scored TD's.:idunno:
I'm torn on too....but seeing how pathetic our offseason has been, I'm actually leaning towards bringing TO in and watching the show!

Michael82
03-07-2009, 02:01 PM
He is desperate.
Agreed!

JJamezz
03-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I think there's about a zero percent change TO signs with the Bills, and this is just damage control for a horse s**t offseason.. stir up the fan base whose interest may be at an ALL TIME low, and when he signs somewhere else, hey, at least we tried!

Mudflap1
03-07-2009, 03:38 PM
DJ is desperate. So are the Bills. Plus the guy is a good player and fills a gaping hole that the Bills have. Young players actually gravitate towards the guy. I'm sure the Bills are hoping Hardy could be the next T.O. (on the field) with his size.

OpIv37
03-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Terrell Owens is the opposite of EVERYTHING that Dick Jauron preaches (team unity, a good locker room full of fine upstanding guys, smart players). Why on Earth would he push Russ Brandon and Ralph to sign "TO"? Does he really think that he could handle him? Does he think that TO will be able to handle the ****ty play calling by Turk Schonert? Or does he feel DESPERATE to win, and he knows that TO makes this offense so much better? So he'll take TO to keep his job? :idunno:

:feedback:

As much as I hate TO and as much as I'd worry about him being a locker room cancer if he was here, this is what I like about the situation.

NOTHING Jauron has done has worked, and this is the opposite of what he's done.

IMO the good thing about a potential TO signing is that it would be an acknowledgment that the way the Bills have been operating doesn't work and an attempt to finally try something different. I still don't like the guy and I'd rather not have him here, but I am mildly encouraged that the Bills are considering a change in the way they operate.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 03:47 PM
As much as I hate TO and as much as I'd worry about him being a locker room cancer if he was here, this is what I like about the situation.

NOTHING Jauron has done has worked, and this is the opposite of what he's done.

IMO the good thing about a potential TO signing is that it would be an acknowledgment that the way the Bills have been operating doesn't work and an attempt to finally try something different. I still don't like the guy and I'd rather not have him here, but I am mildly encouraged that the Bills are considering a change in the way they operate.
I agree. If he is really here for a visit and they are are already working on a contract with him, then it means that Dick and the Bills know that something has to be done to start winning. Maybe TO can help us with that. He certainly will make our offense more exciting.....

Mudflap1
03-07-2009, 03:54 PM
I agree. If he is really here for a visit and they are are already working on a contract with him, then it means that Dick and the Bills know that something has to be done to start winning. Maybe TO can help us with that. He certainly will make our offense more exciting.....

Yes, but to be taken seriously they need to be able to close a deal. Something they haven't done much of lately.

OpIv37
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes, but to be taken seriously they need to be able to close a deal. Something they haven't done much of lately.

you mean most teams don't bring 14 FA's to town and only sign 2? Why not?

Mudflap1
03-07-2009, 03:57 PM
you mean most teams don't bring 14 FA's to town and only sign 2? Why not?

Exactly. Being a window shopper will not be enough to energize the fan base. They need to show they can get deals done (that mean something).

Michael82
03-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Agreed and that means offer him a two year contract heavy with incentives.

OpIv37
03-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Agreed and that means offer him a two year contract with guarantees.

Guarantees? or incentives? I wouldn't touch this guy without incentives.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 04:05 PM
I meant incentives.

Lexwhat
03-07-2009, 04:13 PM

Just asking...

Do you think TO would actually sign with Buffalo unless there were guarantees? Buffalo is a small-market team and IMO, it would take a lot to get him to play here.

I highly doubt Buffalo is the only team that is after him.