PDA

View Full Version : Which LB will be signed???

jimbohastle51
03-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Peterson, June, or Keiaho?? one thing that is for sure is that we will sign one of these free agent linebackers i would assume seeing as we have a glaring hole still at the outside LB position.... what do you guys think??

DrGraves
03-07-2009, 02:38 PM
It sure is a mystery to me what the front office is doing... have we even offered any of these guys a contract yet?

BILLSROCK1212
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
none

Mitchell55
03-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I hope its Peterson, better fit June, I think Keiaho.

DrGraves
03-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Maybe the FO should get on that before we get none of them...

Lone Stranger
03-07-2009, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't doubt that they trying to see who they can get the cheapest. That seems to be their current policy.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I want June, but I think it will be.... Keiaho

WeAreArthurMoates
03-07-2009, 04:48 PM
I want June and know we offered him one per Kilgour. I could settle for Keiho but June would be an absolute upgrade as long as he plays the same spot as he did in Indy. I think June signs by the latest monday.

jimbohastle51
03-07-2009, 07:11 PM
now that we got TO locked up we need to get a linebacker for our D, and then we can focus on the draft.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
now that we got TO locked up we need to get a linebacker for our D, and then we can focus on the draft.

With TO signed, the Bills need to get a solid LG and a back-up interior lineman (unless they plan on drafting a C early in the draft)--Edwards can't get the ball to TO if he is on his butt, but the Bills can win games by outscoring the opposition if they don't bring in a better OLB than Ellison.

Once they have addressed their offensive line, the Bills can consider bolstering their defense (which was quite respectable in terms of points allowed per game) with whatever money that they have left over. t is unlikely that June, Keiaho and Peterson will all find teams to sign with--there aren't that many teams left in the NFL that play the Tampa 2--before the draft. Also, they may decide to reconsider accepting the offers that they were not willing to take from the Bills before now that the Bills have brought in TO and are in a better position to be a winning team this season.

It would be nice if the Bills were to bring in a better OLB than Ellison, but it is not an absolute necessity. Statistically the defense wasn't that bad--good enough to win more games with a competent offense--without its best pass-rusher and injuries to its top two CBs forcing a rookie to start half the season. A pass-rushing DE will improve their defense a lot more than an OLB. Yes, it would be nice to bring in an OLB who is better than Ellison, but the priority now has to be to insure that the offensive line is good enough to allow Edwards to take advantage of having TO and adding a couple of pieces to make the offense and pass rush better.

venis2k1
03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Its not like people are knocking these players doors down. Every day that passes their value goes down. I, For one, would like us to bring in Derrick Brooks for a look over. Here is a guy that we can prolly get on the cheap who at 35 still has a year or two left in the tank, brings years of experience playing in the Tampa two. Proven leader, An 11-time Pro Bowl selection and nine-time All-Pro, former Defensive player of the year, and he has a ring.

jimbohastle51
03-07-2009, 07:30 PM
brandon made a point to say we are not done yet, maybe brian waters is really coming over?? we are signing a LB though, they have brought 3 in for visits. now it may not be a high priced one but they will bring in someone to compete with ellison.

X-Era
03-07-2009, 07:31 PM
It sure is a mystery to me what the front office is doing... have we even offered any of these guys a contract yet?

I think we were waiting for our most expensive need to be done (WR).

Now, we have the firm numbers and know what we have left to use.

BILLSROCK1212
03-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I say Peterson after the T.O. signing

jimbohastle51
03-07-2009, 08:22 PM
i dont think its going to be keiaho actually. i think they spent the money on owens to essentially win now... so it will be one of the very experienced guys, either peterson or june. they want to protect there investment in owens and suuround him and our new offense with the best team available this season. but i honestly think if we want to keep owens next season it wont be hard to do as long as he performs. if we make the playoffs he wont want to leave a playoff ready team. he'll just want some cash, and we wont mind paying him as long as we are winning.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 11:57 PM
I bet that Cato June will sign on Monday! :up:

bigbub2352
03-08-2009, 12:08 AM
june is the best fit
peterson would be nasty if we draft his replacement this yr
2yrs of him in this d will give it a nasty LBer and allow poz to grow mitchell and peterson would be nasty together and all 4 would be giant against the run

jimbohastle51
03-08-2009, 12:08 AM
I bet that Cato June will sign on Monday! :up:

i hope its june. he is so perfect for our system. i mean seriously that would make for 2 awesome signings and all of us would competely forget about the slow start to free agency. i understand that there is no free agent pass rusher better than what we can find in the first 2 round of the draft so thats understandable but we HAVE to get a starting outside linebacker in free agency and man would june be perfect. i wouldnt be surprised if his agent calls the bills and has already said he would accept there offer or has said that june wants to play for them now that TO has signed. our offense has improved so much through that deal, a cato june, or mike peterson has to want to be a part of this team next year.