PDA

View Full Version : Jay Glazer reports TO at OBD right now

patmoran2006
03-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Apologize if posted already that he's hear, but just saw PFT and it said Glazer reports he's here right now and they're trying to get a deal done.

You are the man, Sal.. Congrats on scooping that.

BTW, this is literally my FIRST stop of the day and I just woke up, and my cell phone is still at my bar.. ANything else go on today?

Michael82
03-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Holy ****! I can't believe that they are actually willing to pay him the kind of money that he would want. For him to actually come here for a visit, they must have offered a ton of money to him... Hell, I can't believe they are willing to take a chance on him.

DrGraves
WOW

Michael82
I agree with you too! Congrats go to Coach Sal! Bravo! You scooped everyone with your breaking news! :bf1:

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I would want him and i cant belive im saying this right now but o hope they could get it done it would put people in the stand an give buffalo some publicity good and bad hope he stays!

patmoran2006
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
I would follow FoxSports.com closely right. Jay Glazer is the master at getting the scoop (in terms of this kind of actual signing)

My opinion on it is that a signing would single-handedly make the Bills relevent again, and without QUESTION it would show that Ralph Wilson is at least ATTEMPTING to win.

Buddo
03-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Apologize if posted already that he's hear, but just saw PFT and it said Glazer reports he's here right now and they're trying to get a deal done.

BTW, this is literally my FIRST stop of the day and I just woke up, and my cell phone is still at my bar.. ANything else go on today?

Nope - nothing at all.
LMAO at leaving the 'phone in the bar btw ;)

Mudflap1
03-07-2009, 03:52 PM
I would follow FoxSports.com closely right. Jay Glazer is the master at getting the scoop (in terms of this kind of actual signing)

My opinion on it is that a signing would single-handedly make the Bills relevent again, and without QUESTION it would show that Ralph Wilson is at least ATTEMPTING to win.

Sure it makes them relevant. Jay Glazer is a guy that always rides the interesting teams like the NFC East teams, Green Bay, San Francisco, Chicago, Indy, New England, etc. If he's scooping about the Bills, that's good for making the Bills interesting again.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Here's the article, and I posted it on the front page....

A source told FOXSports.com that the controversial wide receiver is meeting today with Bills officials at team headquarters. Another source told FOXSports.com that Owens believes Buffalo will be offering a one-year contract.
Owens, who is expected to leave tonight, has called friends with ties to the team to ask questions about the franchise and Buffalo community, a source said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9306636/Source:-Owens-making-free-agent-visit-to-Bills

Michael82
03-07-2009, 03:56 PM
1-year deal? Interesting......

patmoran2006
Nope - nothing at all.
LMAO at leaving the 'phone in the bar btw ;)
Dude I got home at 6:30am, slept for 2 hours, had to get up to take my son to baseball practice, and then went back home and CRASHED until almost 4:30pm.

LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG night last night.

The Spaz
God I am excited and scared at the same time....

patmoran2006
unless we're the only team offering, a one year deal isnt going to get it done, I'd be SHOCKED if he signed.

I would think a 2-year deal minimum would be required.

Mudflap1
03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
unless we're the only team offering, a one year deal isnt going to get it done, I'd be SHOCKED if he signed.

How do we know? Maybe T.O. knows that he is seen as a rotten apple, and looks at getting a ransom for one year ($12 mill or something?) to prove to a more competitive team in a year that he really can straighten up and fly right.

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:10 PM

I think this may prolly be what he is looking for. A year to show he can behave and then strike it rich on a 4 or 5 year deal to take him into retirement.

venis2k1
03-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Owens, who is expected to leave tonight, has called friends with ties to the team to ask questions about the franchise and Buffalo community, a source said.

"Hey willis, you played for buffalo right? How is it up there??"

Ickybaluky
03-07-2009, 04:11 PM
ESPN is behind the curve on this. I thought they were the TO network. I mean, they had reporters assigned to cover just him.

Commissioner
03-07-2009, 04:14 PM

I could see the Bills wanting a 1 year deal as an a small incentive for him to shut up if he wants another contract after the season.

Maybe if T.O. is playing for the year with no guaranteed future he will be more tame.

Then again, maybe the smaller media spotlight in Buffalo will make him less likely to open his mouth.

billsburgh
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
it would take something like signing TO to really get me excited about this team again. nothing else this team is doing warrants getting excited about.

kgun12
03-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Do you remember the scene in Dumb and Dumber when Jim Carrey (Lloyd) was cowering in the bathroom stall? That's going to be Edwards in his locker if we sign TO!

Happy place, link happy thouhts!

I can't believe we are seriously involved in this!

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
it would take something like signing TO to really get me excited about this team again. nothing else this team is doing warrants getting excited about.
agreed

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Is anybody else having a rush of blood to the lower extremities or is it just me?

Michael82
03-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Do you remember the scene in Dumb and Dumber when Jim Carrey (Lloyd) was cowering in the bathroom stall? That's going to be Edwards in his locker if we sign TO!

Happy place, link happy thouhts!

I can't believe we are seriously involved in this!
:rofl: Maybe Edwards needs his receivers to yell at him and get him to grow some balls and start throwing the damn ball, instead of always dumping it off....

kgun12
If they sign him, this could be the final nail in the coffin. I will probably stop watching the Bills! At least until he is gone.

Michael82
Is anybody else having a rush of blood to the lower extremities or is it just me?
just you.

SquishDaFish
03-07-2009, 04:20 PM
If they sign him, this could be the final nail in the coffin. I will probably stop watching the Bills! At least until he is gone.

WHY??

This team NEEDS SOMEONE with EMOTION!!

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:20 PM
I hope Trent is back behind the texts....

Michael82
03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I wonder if he is actually texting TO right now.... :rofl:

venis2k1
03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Mr Owens...meet Turk Schonert. Get your popcorn ready.

Mitchell55
03-07-2009, 04:22 PM
WOW, I dont even care if we get him, just the fact that we are willing to talk to him is something.

Mudflap1
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
WOW, I dont even care if we get him, just the fact that we are willing to talk to him is something.

What a worthless statement. The Bills could try to call anybody, it's getting someone, getting some visibility, and getting some credibility that matters.

X-Era
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Pat, you MUST keep the scoop going on this.

Im shocked, stunned, excited, and worried all at once.

Please, please keep the thread going... I will be going crazy on F5 until he leaves.

Im convinced that if he leaves he will sign elsewhere.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Exactly! That alone would make it entertaining! I would love to see him scare Schonert and convince him to quit! :rofl:

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:25 PM

Owens: Yeah this isn't gonna workout..:ontome:

DrGraves
03-07-2009, 04:27 PM
"Boo hoo I don't want a really good player on the Bills... I want to be a poor- mediocre team for the rest of eternity. I value chemistry more than touchdowns and wins."

I wanna throw up. Get some playmakers Buffalo.

Jaybird
03-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Forget is off field issues... the bills would be the talk of the league. Bringing him in would add character to the team. Also, it would create tons and tons of revenue and make the bills popular again.

let's sign him up.... most likely his last contract, money talks boys!!!!!

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM

dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

:drama:

X-Era
03-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Forget is off field issues... the bills would be the talk of the league. Bringing him in would add character to the team. Also, it would create tons and tons of revenue and make the bills popular again.

let's sign him up.... most likely his last contract, money talks boys!!!!!

He will want between 8 and 10 mill I bet.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Pat, you MUST keep the scoop going on this.

Im shocked, stunned, excited, and worried all at once.

Please, please keep the thread going... I will be going crazy on F5 until he leaves.

Im convinced that if he leaves he will sign elsewhere.
I feel the same way.....

:shocked: :eek: :dance: :nervous: :jig: :ill: :scratch: :dance3::scared: :yikes:

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:31 PM
dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

:drama:

Second. Peace!

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
He will want between 8 and 10 mill I bet.

Then I'd offer 11.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
RU kidding me if we dont sign him up its another FA that has used this FO to get what they really want more money and a longer contract and if they (theFO)ccant close another deal i would be more upset with them than if they did sign him. but i could never stop watchin Bills games no matter what. so heres to the Bills shaking things up a bit and hopeing they can get a deal done.

Crisis
03-07-2009, 04:34 PM
i've never been this torn as a bills fan before.

he's tied with andre reed in receptions all time right for like 6th (i believe), could you imagine him passing andre in a bills uni? :ill:

X-Era
03-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Then I'd offer 11.

Id offer 6. Hes 36 years old and getting worse every year at this point.

Hes better than Coles, or even Holt but you add so much negative crap, its not worth that much to me.

acehole
03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Just Bizzar....just driving cost up for pats?

Red Herring alert.

venis2k1
03-07-2009, 04:37 PM
he's tied with andre reed in receptions all time right for like 6th (i believe), could you imagine him passing andre in a bills uni? :ill:

Could you imagine him playing in a playoff game...In a bills Uni?

SquishDaFish
03-07-2009, 04:39 PM
ESPN now reporting it

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:40 PM
TO in buffalo, the Bills just scored a touchdown against Houston and are down 35-17 on NFL network and I think they may come back(they have the momentum and Frank Reich is on fire). Does it get any better?

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Id offer 6. Hes 36 years old and getting worse every year at this point.

Hes better than Coles, or even Holt but you add so much negative crap, its not worth that much to me.

Seriously, if we offer 6 he's gone. Nothing less then 9 I believe will get him here.

Crisis
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Could you imagine him playing in a playoff game...In a bills Uni?

i know where you're coming from...this team needs a huge shake-up

i'm not necessarily sure TO is the answer to that...but if he signed i'd probably go from hating him to being indifferent about him, and if he produces i'd probably love him...

he'd at the very least make the bills relevant in the media again, probably for the wrong reasons though

soapman
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Per NFLN, buffalo offers 1 yr contract!!!!

venis2k1
03-07-2009, 04:43 PM
i know where you're coming from...this team needs a huge shake-up

i'm not necessarily sure TO is the answer to that...

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick the answer to that?

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM

Will you keep watching if they keep Marshawn?

kgun12
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
WHY??

This team NEEDS SOMEONE with EMOTION!!

Your right, this teams someone with emotion, not a maniac. All you have to do is look what he did in SF, Philly and Dallas! If Jerry Jones wasn't willing to put up with this nut job, how the hell is Dicky and the boys going to handle him.

I am all for bringing in players to help make this team better, all TO is going to do is make us an even bigger laughing stock of the league. He will turn this team into a circus. We couldn't persuade any players of caliber to play here, so now we are going for the ridiculous! I don't think my principals will allow me to support this loser or team!

acehole
03-07-2009, 04:58 PM

Trent: Hey TO

TO: Who is this?

Trent: Trentster how rrr u

TO: Oh hey

Trent: We would make a great team.

TO: OH why do you say that.

Trent: We like to cry a lot after games..

TO: Well I do that because I am emotional

Trent: I do it because it hurts to pee.

TO: Will you throw me the dam ball?

Trent: Yes but dont go far I like to get rid of the ball before the snap sometimes....scary out there.

TO: Who is this?

Trent: Ever hear of Bill Walsh?

TO: Yea he help build the 49's back in the day.

Trent: He said I was the greatest ever..

TO: Are you gay?

Trent: OMG

TO: Do you know J Garcia?

Trent: I love that band my parents listened to the dead...do you like the Jonas Brothers...I have them on my ipod nano...

TO: that is cool...I am going to f your team up f you up and get your coach fired...

Trent: LMAO

TO: I see doctors.

Trent: I see dead people...did you see that movie?

TO: F u up.

Crisis
03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
^ probably the most effort for an unfunny post on the forums

acehole
03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Per NFLN, buffalo offers 1 yr contract!!!!

I guess the thinking is Hardy will be ready to cry in his place in 2010.

kgun12
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Will you keep watching if they keep Marshawn?

Doc, this is way I said it might be the final nail. Having Lynch on the team was making me question why I am a Bills fan. This would put me over the edge.

Did you listen to GR yesterday? They were taking about Lynch moving into your neighborhood and would you move if he moved in after everything he has been through. MY answer was in a New Yok minute. You should know me well enough by now, that I have hi morals and expect a lot of the people that are around me and my family. Just ask them! haha! I believe playing pro sports is a privilege not a right, if you do something illegal or immoral, then you give up thats privilege! It's just the way I feel.

X-Era
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Seriously, if we offer 6 he's gone. Nothing less then 9 I believe will get him here.
I take thank yous and comments like I was right in the form of posrep

:up:

acehole
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM
I would be Hardy is long term and TO is Short term..