PDA

View Full Version : TO signing helps the Bills get other FA or hurts?

trapezeus
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't know what it does. i hope this makes some of the players who are on the fence want to join. but i can see it going to other way.

The King
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I think it helps, say what you want about TO but this move shows a commitment to win some games... nothing else. That should help

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
This help its gotta help hes going to be on his best behavior no doubt in my mind hes gotta clear up his image so he can get an extenion to finish out his carrer AS A BILL.im loving the move.

TonyBlack
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
i will think it hurts, like everyone else know "nobody likes owens" so i think this the last move until the draft, best believe it.

DynaPaul
03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
As much as TO is a pain in the ass I'm going to say that it helps our chances.

yordad
03-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I believe it help.

Jan Reimers
03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I hope it helps, because we still have a batch of holes to fill.

The TO signing will give us a big time weapon, but we won't sniff 7 wins again without a lot of other help.

X-Era
03-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I think it helps. He adds relevance. Players on the Bills are already hailing the signing (Whitner and Stroud).

Players not on the Bills but out there will be interested or at least be thinking about us.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-07-2009, 07:05 PM
As much as I am not particularly a TO fan, I think it helps.

1.) TO will bring attention from all of the national outlets to the Bills and players like getting attention. Guys who sign with the Bills know that the media will be watching and if they play well they could capture some of that attention.

2.) It gives the Bills a potentially much better offense (if they add a couple of pieces to the O-line and a young TE) and better able to compete in the AFC East. Guys who didn't think they had a chance to win against Miami, NE and the Jets may now have second thoughts about that.

3.) It will send a message that, even if the Bills may seem "cheap", they are committed to trying to improve and win.

Players play the game not just because they love to play and want to get paid, but because they want to win and want to get attention (to be known and become stars). TO being in Buffalo may make other players feel that they can get that attention and win if they come to the Bills. And, the Bills don't need to have that many good players come on board in order for the team to step up to the next level: a couple more really solid players will make the team capable of doing that.

Ingtar33
03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
it helps

a guy like TO coming to buffalo will help

Kenny
03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
I cant see how it hurts us. We never attracted top FA's before anyways.

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 07:50 PM
This help its gotta help hes going to be on his best behavior no doubt in my mind hes gotta clear up his image so he can get an extenion to finish out his carrer AS A BILL.im loving the move.

i totally agree.

:rockon:

Michael82
03-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Consider how noone would touch us with a ten foot pole, signing TO should definitely help show that the Bills are serious about winning and this would help entice more players to come to Buffalo.

Bert102176
03-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I really don't think it can hurt much

topher180
03-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Initially thought it would hurt, but I've kind of waffled. It turns heads, like a hot blond with a 2 cent head, but turns head none the less. If a couple guys get caught staring long enough they might say "hey, why NOT Buffalo".

X-Era
03-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I cant see how it hurts us. We never attracted top FA's before anyways.

If anything, it outs the more flamboyant players back in play. They wouldnt want to go to a place where they wont get attention, now they know that the Bills will have cameras on them.

Hell, TO may even be friends with guys that you would never think we could get because it didnt seem like the right fit.

I think adding TO has opened up the entire list of players to us now.

Could Roy Williams be headed here to now??? Id be interested to see if hes one of TO's friends.

We dont ask Scott to be a stud in coverage, just to be big and a strong tackler. Isnt Roy an even better version of that?

Michael82
03-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Initially thought it would hurt, but I've kind of waffled. It turns heads, like a hot blond with a 2 cent head, but turns head none the less. If a couple guys get caught staring long enough they might say "hey, why NOT Buffalo".
:rofl: That's a pretty good analogy!

X-Era
03-08-2009, 09:20 AM

Exactly!!!

:clap:

I think its one of the dimensions of hearing that we have made ourselves relevant.