TO signing helps the Bills get other FA or hurts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

TO signing helps the Bills get other FA or hurts?

I don't know what it does. i hope this makes some of the players who are on the fence want to join. but i can see it going to other way.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: TO signing helps the Bills get other FA or hurts?

I think it helps, say what you want about TO but this move shows a commitment to win some games... nothing else. That should help
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
      • Mar 2004

This help its gotta help hes going to be on his best behavior no doubt in my mind hes gotta clear up his image so he can get an extenion to finish out his carrer AS A BILL.im loving the move.

Comment

• TonyBlack
        • Feb 2009

i will think it hurts, like everyone else know "nobody likes owens" so i think this the last move until the draft, best believe it.

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

As much as TO is a pain in the ass I'm going to say that it helps our chances.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

I believe it help.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I hope it helps, because we still have a batch of holes to fill.

The TO signing will give us a big time weapon, but we won't sniff 7 wins again without a lot of other help.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

I think it helps. He adds relevance. Players on the Bills are already hailing the signing (Whitner and Stroud).

Players not on the Bills but out there will be interested or at least be thinking about us.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Aug 2004

As much as I am not particularly a TO fan, I think it helps.

1.) TO will bring attention from all of the national outlets to the Bills and players like getting attention. Guys who sign with the Bills know that the media will be watching and if they play well they could capture some of that attention.

2.) It gives the Bills a potentially much better offense (if they add a couple of pieces to the O-line and a young TE) and better able to compete in the AFC East. Guys who didn't think they had a chance to win against Miami, NE and the Jets may now have second thoughts about that.

3.) It will send a message that, even if the Bills may seem "cheap", they are committed to trying to improve and win.

Players play the game not just because they love to play and want to get paid, but because they want to win and want to get attention (to be known and become stars). TO being in Buffalo may make other players feel that they can get that attention and win if they come to the Bills. And, the Bills don't need to have that many good players come on board in order for the team to step up to the next level: a couple more really solid players will make the team capable of doing that.
                  Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

it helps

a guy like TO coming to buffalo will help
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

I cant see how it hurts us. We never attracted top FA's before anyways.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SeatownBillsFan21
                        This help its gotta help hes going to be on his best behavior no doubt in my mind hes gotta clear up his image so he can get an extenion to finish out his carrer AS A BILL.im loving the move.
                        i totally agree.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Consider how noone would touch us with a ten foot pole, signing TO should definitely help show that the Bills are serious about winning and this would help entice more players to come to Buffalo.

Comment

• Bert102176
                            • Aug 2002

I really don't think it can hurt much
                            lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• topher180
                              • Sep 2008

Initially thought it would hurt, but I've kind of waffled. It turns heads, like a hot blond with a 2 cent head, but turns head none the less. If a couple guys get caught staring long enough they might say "hey, why NOT Buffalo".

inĀ·ept
                              Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

Working...
                              X