PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Bills

Pride
03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
This was the final straw. I was having a hard enough time supporting the Bills with all of the B.S. going on this off-season already.

I will not support T.O. being a Bill.

The organization just sold its soul to the Devil. I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
see ya your bad buddy

Dr. Lecter
How does he push you over the edge if Lynch?

Lexwhat
Okay.

kgun12
03-07-2009, 05:07 PM
This was the final straw. I was having a hard enough time supporting the Bills with all of the B.S. going on this off-season already.

I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team.

I agree Pride! I was making the same point in another thread! So what team do we adopt?

Bulldog
Late!

mikemac2001

The organization just sold its soul to the Devil. I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team.

Wow you act like he killed someone grow up

i dont like him but 1 yr deal to help ill take

Yasgur's Farm
Bubbye now!

Crisis
03-07-2009, 05:08 PM
if he makes us a playoff team i couldn't care less, and i hate the guy.

venis2k1
OVER REACTION

X-Era

Dont ditch them based on a one year deal man... Lets see what happens.

At the very least, our offense will be relevant again. The team just made the other AFCE teams shake in their boots. They will be crapping their pants now.

The King
Get it together Pride.

TO improved this football team End of Story. This character **** has done nothing in terms of turning this team around. Lets put talent of the field and see what happens

soapman
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Peace. Go T.O.!!!!

trapezeus
03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
owens is just a talker, never breaks the law.

i'd rather have him than a player who can't stay out of trouble.

if TO is at top form in a year to prove that he's a good receiver and get a better contract next year, then we're in good shape.

TO is a better fit than a small Coles.

IA_Bills
03-07-2009, 05:10 PM
I am pleased. T.O. will drestically improve Trent Edwards stats and open the field for Evans. I have always been an Evans fan, but maybe he will be better suited as a #2.

Finally, my favorite receiver is on my favorite team. These last couple years have been hell.

Lexwhat
03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
lol what a joke this thread is.

This is the best move the Bills have made in years. Goodbye kgun and crisis.

X-Era
03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
I still am at a loss for words but Im always able to change my thinking.

When you said this, my immediate thought is this:

This is a road that we have never gone done at OBD. This is new.

I dont get to say now that "if you do what youve always done, you get what youve always got".

The one thing I will say is that TO was not that much of a problem in Dallas.

Could he become like Randy Moss is to NE and just be silent and play?

Yasgur's Farm
03-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Make no mistake.... EVANS IS #1 AND $6.5M PROVES IT!!

sdbillsfan2
03-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Will you leave forwarding addresses ?
Hell, we've had murderers. child molesters , drunks and every other kind of lo life on Bills teams before and now folks stop being fans because of T.O. ? WTF ? Relax ...heck you and TO probably won't even be neighbors ....lol

TacklingDummy
03-07-2009, 05:13 PM
TO should have been in a Bills uniform 4 years ago.

kgun12
03-07-2009, 05:13 PM
To all that are happy about this, let me ask you a question, how does this help us. It didn't help Philly or Dallas and they had FAR more talent and higher profile players then we have and they couldn't keep him in check or might I add win a super bowl. He tore up the Cowboys and even the whore that is Jerry Jones wasn't willing to put up him him anymore. Hell he had to take a 9 millon dollar salary cap hit and he was still willing to let him go! So again how is this going to help this orginization that is so weak from the coaching staff on up? He is going to crew this team up!

Michael82
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
TO is only here on a 1-year deal and will show the league that he can be a good little boy. I think he'll be on his best behavior so he gets a new, rich contract next year....

Forward_Lateral
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL, The Bills don't sign anyone, people get pissed. Then, they sign one of the best WRs in the game, and people *****.

Ralph is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. I'm sure someone will find a way to spin this signing into Ralph is cheap, or only signed TO to put buts in the seats...

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2009, 05:16 PM
To all that are happy about this, let me ask you a question, how does this help us. It didn't help Philly or Dallas and they had FAR more talent and higher profile players then we have and they couldn't keep him in check or might I add win a super bowl. He tore up the Cowboys and even the whore that is Jerry Jones wasn't willing to put up him him anymore. Hell he had to take a 9 millon dollar salary cap hit and he was still willing to let him go! So again how is this going to help this orginization that is so weak from the coaching staff on up? He is going to crew this team up!

I don't disagree, but he usually does that stuff in year 3.

And this organization was screwed up without him too. Will they be worse this year? It is a big gamble for sure.

kgun12
03-07-2009, 05:20 PM
LOL, The Bills don't sign anyone, people get pissed. Then, they sign one of the best WRs in the game, and people *****.

Ralph is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. I'm sure someone will find a way to spin this signing into Ralph is cheap, or only signed TO to put buts in the seats...

Did all you people drink the Kool-Aid? Doesn't anyone remember all the problems in SF, Philly and Dallas? He tore 3 teams apart. I don't know what is worse, the fact that we signed him or that people are happy. I do know both give me a sick feeling! I won't to win as much as anyone, but I'm not willing to lower my principals or standards just to win. That would be called whore-like!

mysticsoto
03-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Did all you people drink the Kool-Aid? Doesn't anyone remember all the problems in SF, Philly and Dallas? He tore 3 teams apart. I don't know what is worse, the fact that we signed him or that people are happy. I do know both give me a sick feeling! I won't to win as much as anyone, but I'm not willing to lower my principals or standards just to win. That would be called whore-like!
Kgun, we have not forgotten the things TO has done. But we also have not forgotten that we suck...and have sucked for almost a decade now!!! We need talent. Those other teams you mentioned already had talent on offense. I like this for a number of reasons:

Number 1 - we'll finally get to see if Trent is our franchise QB. No more excuses about him not having anyone to throw to b'cse Evans is double covered.

Number 2 - Hardy was clearly not going to be ready for TC and likely not for the start of the season. We are likely to be short Lynch also. Johnson may have improved, but who is to say how much. This allows both Johnson and Hardy to learn from a greatly skilled receiver. As much as anyone can talk about the antics of him in the locker room, just about everyone has to respect his play on the field. He is good, regardless of the other negative aspects he brings with him. For Hardy and Johnson, it might be a good learning experience for them to see how he prepares himself for games, etc.

Number 3 - the best thing of all, is that it is a 1 yr deal - otherwise I might be agreeing w/you about the cancerous side of it all that he brings. A 1 yr deal means if he becomes a headache, he is done with at the end of the year and we don't have to worry about salary cap hits, etc.

Oh and Number 4 - the Bills will finally get more exposure from the networks both positive and negative - but atleast we'll get more exposure.

Philagape
03-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Quitters are worse than TO.

camelcowboy
03-08-2009, 02:42 PM
See ya

SquishDaFish
03-08-2009, 02:44 PM
See ya!! He has made this team 100% better. We suck so why not take a chance. And its a 1 year deal so hes going to want to behave and work his ass off for a big payday.

lordofgun
03-08-2009, 02:44 PM
This isn't the first time I've seen this thread.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 02:45 PM
HAHAHAHA... wow abandoning your team the moment they actually try to do something to improve. I think you must enjoy watching teams suck and struggle.

ParanoidAndroid
A little bit melodramatic, don't you think?

ddaryl
a new team... I would give up watching football all together before I ever gave up on the Bills. I might dissaporve of the Bills and their operations but I only watch football because I am emotionally bonded with the city of Buffalo...

Ownes is not the devil either. Sure he throws a tantrum, but at least he is not getting busted with drugs, or running someover with his SUV...

now Micheal Vick is the devil...

mayotm

The organization just sold its soul to the Devil. I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team.Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Dujek
03-08-2009, 02:46 PM

T.O. instantly makes this team better. There was no way that the Bills were going to the playoffs with the talent that was in place, and signing him is a sign to other FAs out there that we are serious about winning.

And if he causes dissension in the locker room we'll finally see the back of Jauron. Win-win situation.

lordofgun
03-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Excellent point, dujek!

Buffalogic
03-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Take a hike.

ps. nobody cares.

homeslice5484
03-08-2009, 02:54 PM
adios

EricStratton
03-08-2009, 02:58 PM

Between these stupid threads and the "I'm leaving the board because someone hurt my feelings/spoke bad about me/wasn't treated fairly/other pissing and moaning it's sad.

People ***** for the stupidest things.

MikeInRoch
03-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm failing to see how TO is more of a 'devil' than say, Ray Lewis, Michael Vick, or even Marvin Harrison.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 03:01 PM
He'll coming crawling back when T.O. and Lee haul in a few TD's and a hundred yards a piece in the openner

psubills62
03-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I'll try to make sure the door hits you on the way out...

chernobylwraiths
03-08-2009, 03:08 PM
lol what a joke this thread is.

This is the best move the Bills have made in years. Goodbye kgun and crisis.

:rofl:

poor crisis

BAM
03-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear it man. I myself am ecstatic that he's a Bill and am excited to see them get to work! This could be the boost we need to at least get us to the playoffs. From there you never know.

chernobylwraiths
03-08-2009, 03:11 PM

Helped take Philly to a SB.

Tatonka
03-08-2009, 03:20 PM

good deal. take care pride. football is a game we watch for enjoyment.. if you will not enjoy it.. then walk.. so see you later.

Tatonka
03-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Quitters are worse than TO.

hahaha... so true..

people that start threads like this are drama queens that are just like TO.. :rofl:

you dont want to root for the bills anymore.. ok.. why are you still here posting.. just dont come back.

THATHURMANATOR
03-08-2009, 03:39 PM

GOOD RIDDANCE TO ANOTHER BANDWAGON *****!!!!

FlyingDutchman
03-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Im conflicted about this as well, but I would never just drop the bills.

No offense but starting a thread like this is like people who say theyre going to kill themselves and then stand at the ledge for a long time til someone talks them out of it. Its all for attention. Youll be back.

FlyingDutchman
03-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Thurm wouldnt this be the opposite of a bandwagoner?

BSU Drew
03-08-2009, 03:47 PM
TOodles!

THATHURMANATOR
03-08-2009, 03:48 PM
No true fan would ever drop the team because of a player signing anyways man.

Mr. Pink
03-08-2009, 03:48 PM
T.O. does many things for the Bills.

Increases fan support. Makes us nationally respected and known. Increases merchandise sales. Increase ticket sales. Makes the on field product better.

This is exactly the type of move a franchise that is where we are across the board absolutely NEEDED to make. Both business and football wise.

THATHURMANATOR
03-08-2009, 04:08 PM
T.O. does many things for the Bills.

Increases fan support. Makes us nationally respected and known. Increases merchandise sales. Increase ticket sales. Makes the on field product better.

This is exactly the type of move a franchise that is where we are across the board absolutely NEEDED to make. Both business and football wise.
:bf1:

chernobylwraiths
03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Pride will be back, and I don't think he is a drama queen. He is upset that the Bills picked up a guy that lacks class and is a total egomaniac who is only interested in himself. Every fan thinks differently for every signing and he is no different.

I actually kind of agree with him. While I hold no love for Owens or his antics, I cannot discount that he is an immensely talented player and that since I have no power to change the move, I will accept it an go on. I will look at it as only a fan can, that hopefully he helps turn this team into a winner sooner rather than later, especially since he only has a one year contract. I will try to look at it as a supremely gifted player that will probably be in the Hall of Fame that is going to be on my team.

And if all else fails, if nothing else, this team will be completely different next year with new coaches.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Being a Bills fan doesn't mean you have to be a fan of all of their players....

I mean I've hated on T.O. as much as the next guy... I don't like Denney, Kelsay, Peters... but maybe thats just because they suck IMO. But I'm still a Bills fan.

THATHURMANATOR
03-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Thurm wouldnt this be the opposite of a bandwagoner?
No it is the direct definition. Bandwagon *****es jump off the wagon at some point right?

Dude
03-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Athletes aren't role models.

Night Train
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I Love :beer:

CoolBreeze
03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
To those leaving the BILLS over T.O., let's see, did you cheer for Lynch last year, knowing that he committed a hit and run? Did you cheer for Travis Henry, Willis McGahee and Eric Moulds when they were fathering kids everywhere? Did you cheer for Jim Kelly many years ago, when he made his mistakes? Did you cheer for Bruce Smith, even though he never honored the full term of 1 contract he ever signed? Has Terrell Owens ever done these things? NO. Is he selfish, YES, Does he make others around him better.. YES. The fact is, this team needs a vocal guy. Someone to tell Jason Peters to wake up and hold a block for once. Someone to question to the stupid and predictable play calls that go on. Has anyone ever considered that this guy is a small town guy (Alexander City, Alabama) a small college guy (UT-Chattanooga). Now he's with a small market team, where if he screws up, his career is over. T.O. is loyal, and passionate. Sure he has a big mouth and want's boatloads of money, who here doesn't? I can think of many many more Buffalo Bills and other Professional athletes that are far worse human beings than Terrell Owens. So leave if you must. Your quotes here will be remembered.

tat2dmike77
03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Funny how people wanted a star player. A player who produces and the Bills get and they still find a way to complain. Some people will never be happy.

Oh have fun being a bandwagoner.

SquishDaFish
03-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Right Tat

BillsWin
03-08-2009, 05:11 PM

Who cares. The NFL is a business and T.O was the best FA available at the time. This is to make money and to win. The top two priorities for an NFL franchise. Don't like it, then you dont understand the NFL's inner workings.

If you're seriously going to stop rooting for a team because of this, then maybe it is time to question your original ties to the team.

Bring on the negative rep. I don't care. I WILL NEVER stop rooting for the Bills and I am susposed to be nuetral.

tat2dmike77
03-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey i don't like T.O antics as much as the next guy. But you can not deny what he brings on the field. He also brings some confidence and swagger to a locker room that has had neither since the 90's.

Lee will no longer be doubled covered. Safties will not be able to play in the box and that will help the run game. He is on a one year deal so he has to produce and stay in line or he may have trouble finding work after his deal is up here. Say what you will about him i hate his mouth but on the field he is one helluva player.

Tatonka
03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
hey, when you come back after they start winning.. do me a favor.. dont waste anyones time with a thread announcing you're back.

:lol:

guy
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM

The organization just sold its soul to the Devil. I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team. who gives a fuc@ what u do? go bills

guy
03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Funny how people wanted a star player. A player who produces and the Bills get and they still find a way to complain. Some people will never be happy.

Oh have fun being a bandwagoner. Exactly!!! Thank you!!

Mad Bomber
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM

The organization just sold its soul to the Devil. I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team. Say it ain't so....

Pride....

You are the foundation of my opening day tailgate.

I drive 7 hours with my son (who I have brought up to be a Bills fan, even though he was born in Jets/Giants land) EVERY year for our opener.

Pride...my son looks at you as a tailgating GOD.

You have made his favorite morning food, YOU have orchestrated his BZ experience.

Please do NOT do this to my son.

If you do, and my son turns into a crackhead, it's on you, my friend.

Do you want to live with that?

ServoBillieves
03-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Let's see...

A mentor for Steven Johnson and James Hardy.

A future HoF'er.

A 1 year deal.

DOOM! Later morons.

The Spaz
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Lol he's online now.

mayotm
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Pride will be back, and I don't think he is a drama queen. He is upset that the Bills picked up a guy that lacks class and is a total egomaniac who is only interested in himself. Every fan thinks differently for every signing and he is no different.

I actually kind of agree with him. While I hold no love for Owens or his antics, I cannot discount that he is an immensely talented player and that since I have no power to change the move, I will accept it an go on. I will look at it as only a fan can, that hopefully he helps turn this team into a winner sooner rather than later, especially since he only has a one year contract. I will try to look at it as a supremely gifted player that will probably be in the Hall of Fame that is going to be on my team.

And if all else fails, if nothing else, this team will be completely different next year with new coaches.Good. Glad you agree with him. Don't let the door hit you on the ass when you leave with Pride.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-08-2009, 07:31 PM
peace dont let the door hit you in the ass Pride

SquishDaFish
03-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Say it ain't so....

Pride....

You are the foundation of my opening day tailgate.

I drive 7 hours with my son (who I have brought up to be a Bills fan, even though he was born in Jets/Giants land) EVERY year for our opener.

Pride...my son looks at you as a tailgating GOD.

You have made his favorite morning food, YOU have orchestrated his BZ experience.

Please do NOT do this to my son.

If you do, and my son turns into a crackhead, it's on you, my friend.

Do you want to live with that?

:roflmao:

mush69
03-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey i don't like T.O antics as much as the next guy. But you can not deny what he brings on the field. He also brings some confidence and swagger to a locker room that has had neither since the 90's.

Lee will no longer be doubled covered. Safties will not be able to play in the box and that will help the run game. He is on a one year deal so he has to produce and stay in line or he may have trouble finding work after his deal is up here. Say what you will about him i hate his mouth but on the field he is one helluva player.

At first this morning I was shocked and appalled at this move by OBD. Then I started thinking about how defenses are going to look at us. The thought of have Evans and T.O. on the field at the same time is gonna be very difficult to defend. :drool:

I agree with ya tat, you can't take away what this guy does on the field as far as stats go. Lets just hope that he keeps the sideline and locker room antics in check.

Pride, drink a beer and relax some. You aren't going anywhere and I know your fandome is more than one signing deep.

:cheers:

lordofgun
03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
pride :limp:

dasaybz
03-08-2009, 07:42 PM

Take a hike.

TedMock
03-08-2009, 08:03 PM
That Foosball is the devil, Bobby Boucher!

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Let me know what your new team is so I can tell you what the players on that team has done wrong in the past. Granted, this isn't what I thought would happen, but it is over now, I am a fan. What exactly has TO done illegally? He isn't a thug. He just doesn't know when to say it, or how to say it.

Anyway, take care, I hope your new team is squeaky clean, there has to be one or two left.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Peace we don't want fans like you anyways... Diehards or die.

Tatonka
03-08-2009, 09:21 PM
:rofl: at this thread and all the responses.. haha.

chernobylwraiths
03-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Good. Glad you agree with him. Don't let the door hit you on the ass when you leave with Pride.

Reading isn't your strong suit is it jr?

OpIv37
03-08-2009, 10:08 PM

I didn't read this whole thread so this may have been said before, but here goes:

The goal of a football team is to win football games, not to be a collection of model citizens. With the exception of Hargrove and Lynch, the Bills have been model citizens for years. Where has it gotten us? ****ing nowhere.

TO is an ass as a human being, but he doesn't do drugs or otherwise break the law, he doesn't get suspended by the league, etc. We don't have to like the guy as a human being- just as a football player. It's all about the uniform, not the name on the back. I'll always root for whoever wears our uniform, regardless of my personal feelings about them.

Bling
03-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I would bail too if I was a Bills fan that just signed TO.

The Spaz
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM

Well you are not so no Bills fan cares what you think.

OpIv37
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Seriously? You didn't bail on the Fish when they had Jimmy Johnson and all the thugs and miscreants he brought to Miami, but you expect us to believe that you'd bail over a TO signing?

I'm not buying it.

Romes
03-08-2009, 10:16 PM
I didn't read this whole thread so this may have been said before, but here goes:

The goal of a football team is to win football games, not to be a collection of model citizens. With the exception of Hargrove and Lynch, the Bills have been model citizens for years. Where has it gotten us? ****ing nowhere.

TO is an ass as a human being, but he doesn't do drugs or otherwise break the law, he doesn't get suspended by the team, etc. We don't have to like the guy as a human being- just as a football player. It's all about the uniform, not the name on the back. I'll always root for whoever wears our uniform, regardless of my personal feelings about them.

:goodpost:

Lee Evans summed it up, "I'm ready to win man...that's all that matters."

Philagape
03-08-2009, 10:18 PM
he doesn't get suspended by the team,

Well actually he did. The Eagles sat him for the last five games of 2005

lordofgun
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Also, "goodbye" is one word.

OpIv37
03-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Well actually he did. The Eagles sat him for the last five games of 2005

edited. I meant to say he doesn't get suspended by the league (unlike, say, Lynch).

Uncle Jesse
03-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Nobody cares. Leave.

BuffaloRanger
03-09-2009, 01:00 AM
How is TO going to destroy the Bills? Instead of them winning 5 games they might only win 3?

TO wouldn't be a good fit on a playoff quality team contending for the SuperBowl.

But he's a great fit on a team that has missed the playoffs for 9 straight seasons and would be happy with just one playoff game.

That's where the Bills and their fans are.

Finally, if you give up on the Bills, please give up on this message board also. Die-hard fans hate quitters.

Michael82
03-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Wow! You guys are harsh! Pride was one of the bigger Bills fans I know and a helluva tailgater. I see where he is coming from. It definitely feels like we made a deal with the devil. But if it results in us winning and even getting to the playoffs, I'm willing to put up with his antics. Besides it's a 1-year deal and then he will most likely bolt for a big contract...

zone
03-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Wow! You guys are harsh! Pride was one of the bigger Bills fans I know and a helluva tailgater. I see where he is coming from. It definitely feels like we made a deal with the devil. But if it results in us winning and even getting to the playoffs, I'm willing to put up with his antics. Besides it's a 1-year deal and then he will most likely bolt for a big contract...
Key word being "was".

Die hard fans don't throw a temper tantrum when the team signs a player they don't like and then announce to the internet that they are taking their ball and going home.

Waaa Boo Hoo, the Bills signed TO, now they are going to score some touchdowns and I can't complain about them as much. Waaaaa....

don137
03-09-2009, 06:40 AM
I am not a fan of some of his antics at all. If this was a 4 year 30 million dollar with a 10 million signing bonus I would feel it would be stupid because he would cause problems before he fulfills his contract.
Yes, I feel it was a desparate move by a desparate franchise.
I am not opposed to this deal for a few reasons.
1- It is a one year deal. TO usually is a model citizen for one year on a new team. Plus, if TO plans on playing after this year he needs to mind his P's and Qs or else no one will want him next year.
2- His competitive fire may light a spark on some of the younger guys. He does not accept losing and I feel this needs to rub off on some of the younger guys.
3- Makes this team better. Teams will not put 8 guys in the box with Evans and TO on the outside. As a result, they will have better and longer drives which will also help the defense stay off the field longer resulting in them being more fresh.
4- It gives Bills fans a glimmer of hope. The Bills have not been in the playoffs for 9 years and were headed for a 10th year if they did not do something drastic.
5- It puts Buffalo back on the NFL map. NFL Fans have forgot about Buffalo. They will get a few prime time games as a result.
6- This is a great litmus test for Edwards. It is his third year in the league and his make or break year. He has no excuses if he fails with his weapons he has now.

X-Era
03-09-2009, 06:50 AM

:clap:

I am for this move even though I have huge concerns about it.

But, Im not happy that it may be making people disown the Bills.

Thats why I would like those fans to just give it one year. Thats all the contracts for. Give it a year... after all we have put up with 9 years of crap, we finally made a bold move, lets give it a shot.

X-Era
03-09-2009, 06:52 AM
I am not a fan of some of his antics at all. If this was a 4 year 30 million dollar with a 10 million signing bonus I would feel it would be stupid because he would cause problems before he fulfills his contract.
Yes, I feel it was a desparate move by a desparate franchise.
I am not opposed to this deal for a few reasons.
1- It is a one year deal. TO usually is a model citizen for one year on a new team. Plus, if TO plans on playing after this year he needs to mind his P's and Qs or else no one will want him next year.
2- His competitive fire may light a spark on some of the younger guys. He does not accept losing and I feel this needs to rub off on some of the younger guys.
3- Makes this team better. Teams will not put 8 guys in the box with Evans and TO on the outside. As a result, they will have better and longer drives which will also help the defense stay off the field longer resulting in them being more fresh.
4- It gives Bills fans a glimmer of hope. The Bills have not been in the playoffs for 9 years and were headed for a 10th year if they did not do something drastic.
5- It puts Buffalo back on the NFL map. NFL Fans have forgot about Buffalo. They will get a few prime time games as a result.
6- This is a great litmus test for Edwards. It is his third year in the league and his make or break year. He has no excuses if he fails with his weapons he has now.

Agree and heres more of my thoughts on benefits:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171390

Jan Reimers
03-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Why would any long-time, loyal Bills' fan abandon the team over the signing of one player? I really don't understand, except that all of the losing and ineptitude have made me give up on them from time to time - but only for a while, until I settled down and regained my senses.

Hopefully,that will happen to those who are jumping ship now.That is, they will get over the shock and anger, and realize that the Bills are still their team, regardless of player moves or other actions with which they disagree.

Pride
03-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I've read the previous 5 pages, and the responses were exactly what I suspected they would be. I've always hated fans who come on here and create a thread shouting that they are leaving. I've never understood the need to do so until Saturday.

I've spent the weekend thinking and talking about this. To Sarah, other team's fans.. and other Bills fans. I have always despised T.O. because I think he is exactly what is wrong with the "game" of football. He is selfish, a "me" first guy, and I've always ragged on fans of teams that had T.O. on them (Eagles, Cowboys, (even Ravens for a short time).

So here I am, facing the same situation that I have been so critical of other fans for. T.O. is on the team that I have loved for the last 29 years.

I have been a Bills fan, while living in the heart of Steeler/Eagles country, for all of these years. And the only thing that allowed me to stay so strong in my Bills Faith was that I felt that they were a team built on principles. Once more, I was proud that they were a team that preached the most important lesson in football.. Team First.

We've gotten rid of guys like McGahee and Price. Guys who felt they were more important than the team. And I've always been extremely proud of that. I could take losing, so long as it was because we stood for something greater than winning.

So now the team that I have loved and respected has finally sold out. Granted, it took them 10 years longer than every other team in the league (save perhaps Green-Bay, Pittsburgh, and maybe even Cleveland), but they did. And now I am forced to re-evaluate why I am a fan of this team. It isn't because they are easy to love. It isn't because I am surrounded by other Bills fans that help keep each other believing. Its because I believe that no matter what the W/L record at the end of the season... my team had higher standards for its players than the rest of the league.

You want to ask why I support the Bills when Lynch (and other "criminals") are on the team... and I say this. We picked Lynch prior to his transgressions, not after them. We let problems walk out the door... never bringing them in... until now.

I realize that T.O. has extraordinary talent. I've always been a fan of his football skills. He plays with heart and emotion... I'll grant him that. What I fear is that he brings Buffalo a winning season, and possibly even a championship... and I am left to tell my children someday that our first Super Bowl win was based on a guy who was the antithesis of what I want my children to love about football.

So I am torn. I love Buffalo. I love the Bills. I love my fellow Bills Fans. But I am greatly disappointed in the Bills Organization for selling out.

I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do. Right now I am simply hoping that my disappointment and anger go away and allow me to enjoy T.O. coming here. I'll never love him, but I'm hoping that I can see past him and continue to love and support my team.

If not... Go Browns!

X-Era
03-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I've read the previous 5 pages, and the responses were exactly what I suspected they would be. I've always hated fans who come on here and create a thread shouting that they are leaving. I've never understood the need to do so until Saturday.

I've spent the weekend thinking and talking about this. To Sarah, other team's fans.. and other Bills fans. I have always despised T.O. because I think he is exactly what is wrong with the "game" of football. He is selfish, a "me" first guy, and I've always ragged on fans of teams that had T.O. on them (Eagles, Cowboys, (even Ravens for a short time).

So here I am, facing the same situation that I have been so critical of other fans for. T.O. is on the team that I have loved for the last 29 years.

I have been a Bills fan, while living in the heart of Steeler/Eagles country, for all of these years. And the only thing that allowed me to stay so strong in my Bills Faith was that I felt that they were a team built on principles. Once more, I was proud that they were a team that preached the most important lesson in football.. Team First.

We've gotten rid of guys like McGahee and Price. Guys who felt they were more important than the team. And I've always been extremely proud of that. I could take losing, so long as it was because we stood for something greater than winning.

So now the team that I have loved and respected has finally sold out. Granted, it took them 10 years longer than every other team in the league (save perhaps Green-Bay, Pittsburgh, and maybe even Cleveland), but they did. And now I am forced to re-evaluate why I am a fan of this team. It isn't because they are easy to love. It isn't because I am surrounded by other Bills fans that help keep each other believing. Its because I believe that no matter what the W/L record at the end of the season... my team had higher standards for its players than the rest of the league.

You want to ask why I support the Bills when Lynch (and other "criminals") are on the team... and I say this. We picked Lynch prior to his transgressions, not after them. We let problems walk out the door... never bringing them in... until now.

I realize that T.O. has extraordinary talent. I've always been a fan of his football skills. He plays with heart and emotion... I'll grant him that. What I fear is that he brings Buffalo a winning season, and possibly even a championship... and I am left to tell my children someday that our first Super Bowl win was based on a guy who was the antithesis of what I want my children to love about football.

So I am torn. I love Buffalo. I love the Bills. I love my fellow Bills Fans. But I am greatly disappointed in the Bills Organization for selling out.

I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do. Right now I am simply hoping that my disappointment and anger go away and allow me to enjoy T.O. coming here. I'll never love him, but I'm hoping that I can see past him and continue to love and support my team.

If not... Go Browns!

I understand and appreciate your opinion on this. I think many of us agree at a lower level. I know that my first feeling was that our team is now hypocritical... that we have been on of the final strongholds for requiring character and that the walls just got breached.

The truth is though, that we have had and kept many ego-centric players, even during our SB years.

Kelly stayed at least one year too late when everyone knew his skills werent good enough anymore. Then, 2 years later, he tells Paul McGuire that hes still better than 80% of the NFL's starting QB's.

Bruce was constantly whining about stuff and his contract for many many offseasons. He was known for being a guy who thinks alot about himself.

Reed wanted more money and left.

McGahee and claiming hes the best in the NFL, calling out coaches.

Price and his crap

We have had these guys all along and some of them are some of our favorite all time Bills.

Dont you remember the "bickering Bills"? Who was bickering? How far off is that from TO's crap?

TO is even more of a drama queen than any previous Bill... Bruce would probably be 2nd but he wasnt even close. But he isnt a law breaker, he isnt a slacker, he isnt lazy. He plays hard and has a bigtime heart... to much heart probably. Hes more of a super-sensitive baby.

Weve had guys with attitudes for years.

Luisito23
03-09-2009, 07:38 AM
TO should have been in a Bills uniform 4 years ago.

Or Moss...

Mahdi
03-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Why does everyone let the media machine make decisions for them?... how do you or anyone else know what went on in the Dallas locker room? WE DONT. So anything the media makes you believe is for their own purpose or gain. Does that mean nothing happened? No. But we don't know what did happen in Dallas and obviously he has support there so its not like he is hated.

TO wants to win and so do I, we got nothing to lose by giving him a chance.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 07:46 AM

If not... Go Browns!
NOPE TOO LATE. YOU ARE OFF THE WAGON.

Philagape
03-09-2009, 07:54 AM
1. The team is bigger than any one player.
2. The Bills have had plenty of selfish, me-first players, including someone who cried the day we drafted him and bolted to another league rather than play for us. He is now the most popular player in franchise history and lives in the area long after his playing days are over. Not saying that's what will happen now, but people change.
3. This can end in just two ways: It goes badly, and he's gone after just one year; or it goes well, and we have nothing to complain about.

!Papacrunk!
03-09-2009, 09:33 AM
when Levy was the GM and was beating the character drum, it was hard reading through all of the sanctimonious bs around here, but now it's ok cuz TO is very talented. IMO that sounds like hypocrisy. It'd be funny to read any TO post from the past to double check that theory.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
when Levy was the GM and was beating the character drum, it was hard reading through all of the sanctimonious bs around here, but now it's ok cuz TO is very talented. IMO that sounds like hypocrisy. It'd be funny to read any TO post from the past to double check that theory.

STOP BEING A HYPOCRITE PAPA.

Static
03-09-2009, 09:41 AM

It's always easier to bash other teams charactor issues then to face your own, but eventually every team takes that one player that makes you face your former statements.

!Papacrunk!
03-09-2009, 10:20 AM
It's always easier to bash other teams charactor issues then to face your own, but eventually every team takes that one player that makes you face your former statements.
great honest post!

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I can probably agree that most people here are being a bit hypocritical about Owens but to be a fin fan whining about it here is gay.

madness
03-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Why does everyone let the media machine make decisions for them?... how do you or anyone else know what went on in the Dallas locker room? WE DONT. So anything the media makes you believe is for their own purpose or gain. Does that mean nothing happened? No. But we don't know what did happen in Dallas and obviously he has support there so its not like he is hated.

TO wants to win and so do I, we got nothing to lose by giving him a chance.

The media machine is the real monster most of the time. I found an article posted about this situation. It just seems he pisses the wrong people off with the most influence on the team (like Tony Homo). Everybody else just loves the guy.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2844075&postcount=19

BAM
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Pride can I have all your Bills memorabilia if you do decide to leave? You've got some cool stuff. :couch:

madness
03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Pride can I have all your Bills memorabilia if you do decide to leave? You've got some cool stuff. :couch:

Bam's calling his bluff. All chips are in, now show your hands.

Michael82
03-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I'll give you money for some of the stuff, Pride. I always have room in my collection for more. :D

Michael82
03-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh come on. We can say the same thing with you Dolphin fans with Chad Pennington and all those noodle armed comments and all the ripped that you guys did thru the years on him. We could also go back to the stuff you guys said about Ricky Williams and then ended up welcoming him back with open arms. :blahblah:

methos4ever
03-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Different definition of Character - Football Character moreso the overused "choir boy" cliche. If you don't believe, take a long look at the difference between guys like Thurman, Bruce and Jim when they were players and the upstanding men of community, family, etc they flourish in now.

Nighthawk
03-09-2009, 12:01 PM

If not... Go Browns!

I root for the uniform, not the players in that uniform. If I ever started thinking about the type of people some of these players are, then I would never follow sports. I don't root for T.O., I don't root for any specific player...I root for the Buffalo Bills...period!

Nighthawk
03-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Oh, here we go...you knew it was only a matter of time before these posts started.

BAM
03-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Bam's calling his bluff. All chips are in, now show your hands.
He isn't going anywhere I guarantee it. Just like many people and as he stated he's just fed up with it and venting frustration of nearly 10 years of crappiness.

T-Long
03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Didn't Ray Lewis kill somebody?? Can you imagine Ravens fans saying they don't want him on their team? What about Leonard Little? Didn't Albert Haynesworth stomp a guy?? Get over it you big babies

Anyone wearing a Bills uniform is fine by me...as long as they are producing on the field, I could care less what else they do. This organization has been a JOKE and laughing stock for as long as I could remember.

BAM
03-09-2009, 12:08 PM
I'll give you money for some of the stuff, Pride. I always have room in my collection for more. :D

No. If he leaves it'd be just wrong to make any money on a team he turns his back on. It'd be best for him to drop it all in a dumpster where I will have my truck strategically placed to catch his Bills stuff.

G Wolly
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Can't you let him screw up here before you start talking about the end of the Bills?

But if you guys wanna act that way, I have no problem still loving my team.

!Papacrunk!
03-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh come on. We can say the same thing with you Dolphin fans with Chad Pennington and all those noodle armed comments and all the ripped that you guys did thru the years on him. We could also go back to the stuff you guys said about Ricky Williams and then ended up welcoming him back with open arms. :blahblah:

Completely valid points, and I will own up the vitriol for #34. My issue was how holier than thou things got when Levy was the GM, but I guess the Church of Levy may soon be defunct, lol. Hey if something like Owens bringing success to the Bills and it means the team doesn't move, then more power to it in all honesty.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Completely valid points, and I will own up the vitriol for #34. My issue was how holier than thou things got when Levy was the GM, but I guess the Church of Levy may soon be defunct, lol. Hey if something like Owens bringing success to the Bills and it means the team doesn't move, then more power to it in all honesty.
Sure there were a couple goody two shoes here but **** that I WANT THE BILLS TO WIN AND ALWAYS HAVE.

!Papacrunk!
03-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Sure there were a couple goody two shoes here but **** that I WANT THE BILLS TO WIN AND ALWAYS HAVE.

lol, good stuff man

Nighthawk
03-09-2009, 12:19 PM
It's fun just knowing this team will get some exposure on the national scene this year. Add to that the prospect of a few more wins and WNY might actually have some fun this upcoming NFL season.

Bling
03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
This place is rampant with hypocrites. Nothing bugs me more than holier than thou hypocrites.

Bill Cody
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
A few points to consider "Pride" as you try to avoid letting the door hit you in the ass on the way out:

1) Is TO any worse then Eric Moulds his last years in Buffalo? As EMo's skills eroded he became an absolute ***** here, sorry to say it but it's the truth.

2) Face it, most top receivers are stars in their own movies. TO is an amazingly annoying guy and I truly hope TE can stand up to him, it won't be easy. But he will help, even though he's no longer the player he once was.

3) Add a decent TE and we have an NFL offense. Isn't that a positive? Hello?

4) Sure it's a deal with the devil but wasn't everyone saying that 2 years ago when NE traded for Moss? Think any of their fans were playing the lame "I'm done with this team" card?

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
This place is rampant with hypocrites. Nothing bugs me more than holier than thou hypocrites.
Only thing worse is Holier than thou Dolphin fan HYPOCRITES!!

Bling
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Seriously? You didn't bail on the Fish when they had Jimmy Johnson and all the thugs and miscreants he brought to Miami, but you expect us to believe that you'd bail over a TO signing?

I'm not buying it.

To be honest, I don't remember the Jimmy Johnson miscreants. Was it that guy Jon Avery and Sammie Smith?

After the season the Bills had, or the Dolphins had the year before last, I would definitely bail if that cancer were brought into the Dolphins locker room. The only reason I'd put up with him is if we were a piece away. Otherwise, he's going to get you so far higher before he ruins your team.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
To be honest, I don't remember the Jimmy Johnson miscreants. Was it that guy Jon Avery and Sammie Smith?

After the season the Bills had, or the Dolphins had the year before last, I would definitely bail if that cancer were brought into the Dolphins locker room. The only reason I'd put up with him is if we were a piece away. Otherwise, he's going to get you so far higher before he ruins your team.
HYPOCRITE!

!Papacrunk!
03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
It's fun just knowing this team will get some exposure on the national scene this year. Add to that the prospect of a few more wins and WNY might actually have some fun this upcoming NFL season.

granted I hope nothing but Miami's success against Buffalo, but give me the award for stating the obvious, since it's always great to look forward to a fun season, especially after having previous setbacks

HAMMER
03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Welcome back Pride, everyone has a right to threaten jumping off the wagon once in their fandom, ONCE. I agree with many of the things you say, but I am sick of status quo. I was not looking forward to next season prior to this signing. The Bills were not going to make the big jump necessary to get past the Pats w/o an impact player. One thing is for sure, we will score more points, something we desperately need and have not shown a penchant for in many moons.

The thing that makes this deal acceptable to me is the term, one year, not a lot of risk. If TO starts to blow up the locker room he can be cut with no real impact on our cap. It is a very smart move from a marketing standpoint and can't hurt production as we have had so little for so long. Go Bills.

Pride
03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
After watching some of the press conferences and reading some editorials explaining the risk/reward of this signing... I'm beginning to warm up.

I still don't like it... but I'm not still fuming like I was this morning.

It didn't help to come in this morning being the laughing stock of the office. I'm the only Bills fan in my company, and they made sure to push all of my buttons first thing.

On a lighter side... some of these responses are hilarious!

And no BAM.. you can't have my Bills Stuff. Mikey, what are you willing to offer for my Bills Boxers??? ;)

Pride
03-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Welcome back Pride, everyone has a right to threaten jumping off the wagon once in their fandom, ONCE. I agree with many of the things you say, but I am sick of status quo. I was not looking forward to next season prior to this signing. The Bills were not going to make the big jump necessary to get past the Pats w/o an impact player. One thing is for sure, we will score more points, something we desperately need and have not shown a penchant for in many moons.

The thing that makes this deal acceptable to me is the term, one year, not a lot of risk. If TO starts to blow up the locker room he can be cut with no real impact on our cap. It is a very smart move from a marketing standpoint and can't hurt production as we have had so little for so long. Go Bills.

Thanks Hammer... I appreciate your understanding!

DrGraves
03-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm glad you understand that this is the best move the Bills have made in a long time. Whether it works out or not, it is refreshing to see that the Bills are actually trying to win football games.

madness
03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
After watching some of the press conferences and reading some editorials explaining the risk/reward of this signing... I'm beginning to warm up.

I still don't like it... but I'm not still fuming like I was this morning.

It didn't help to come in this morning being the laughing stock of the office. I'm the only Bills fan in my company, and they made sure to push all of my buttons first thing.

On a lighter side... some of these responses are hilarious!

And no BAM.. you can't have my Bills Stuff. Mikey, what are you willing to offer for my Bills Boxers??? ;)

I'm the only one at my office too. Everybody tried to push my buttons too but I did my homework this weekend and they agreed that risk factor isn't nearly as big as they first thought it was.

justasportsfan
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM

Yup. Pride will be back.

Edit: He's back.

Tatonka
03-09-2009, 01:34 PM

so you are doing exactly what you hate. you are starting a crybaby thread about quitin on the team.. which is exactly what you said in your first post.. that you quit.. then you are waffling on whether or not to quit rooting for the bills which is just gay and lame all balled up into one.. you also stated that you're totally ok with losing as long as they do it in a good moral fashion.. again.. gay.

maybe if you could just post a photo of you in a pink thong, it would complete this gay thread and someone could lock it and put it in the vault and forget the whole thing ever happened.

:poop:

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 01:39 PM
so you are doing exactly what you hate. you are starting a crybaby thread about quitin on the team.. which is exactly what you said in your first post.. that you quit.. then you are waffling on whether or not to quit rooting for the bills which is just gay and lame all balled up into one.. you also stated that you're totally ok with losing as long as they do it in a good moral fashion.. again.. gay.

maybe if you could just post a photo of you in a pink thong, it would complete this gay thread and someone could lock it and put it in the vault and forget the whole thing ever happened.

:poop:
LOL

Pride
03-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll still take losing with ethical standards over winning any other way.

And before responding to that... consider what defense we've used for years against Patriot fans. Our ethical standards are the only defense we've ever been able to use... and most around here used it daily when being confronted by Patriot fans.

Am I waffling? Yes! I fully admitted it.

justasportsfan
03-09-2009, 01:50 PM

And before responding to that... consider what defense we've used for years against Patriot fans. Our ethical standards are the only defense we've ever been able to use... and most around here used it daily when being confronted by Patriot fans.

we haven't cheated. Huge difference. We didn't do anything unethical. We simply lowered our standards.

Pride
03-09-2009, 01:51 PM
We simply lowered our standards.

Unfortunately, most around here seem to be perfectly ok with that.

Dr. Lecter
03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Meh.

Like I tell the women I meet: Standards are for losers!

justasportsfan
03-09-2009, 01:53 PM

desperate times call for desperate measures.

You on the other hand make it look more than it really is. It's wasn't unethical. We didn't cheat.

It's only a one year contract. I don't have a problem with it.

Lexwhat
03-09-2009, 01:54 PM
T.O. is the black Brett Favre.

Think about it.

justasportsfan
03-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Meh.

Have you've been able to convince them to go home with you when you tell them that?

Bling
03-09-2009, 02:00 PM
T.O. is the black Brett Favre.

Think about it.

mysticsoto
03-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Meh.

Hate to tell you Lecter...but that was a guy...

Lexwhat
03-09-2009, 02:08 PM

Hahaha, you agree? Disagree?

I won't make this into a black/white thing, because TO does deserve most of the criticism he receives.

But in Favre's case, I've never seen someone throw so many hissy fits and act like a little *****, and still get a "pass." People actually had the audacity to blame the Packers front office for "screwing" Favre?!!

Their circumstances were different, but people in the media will always bow to Favre and always kick TO in the nuts. Public perception and reputation sure go a long way.

Tatonka
03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
just post your thong shot and be done with it.

Valerie
03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I agree Pride! I was making the same point in another thread! So what team do we adopt?
Root for the Cowboys. At least they were smart enough to get rid of TO. lol

Pride
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
just post your thong shot and be done with it.

I had to position the camera on the floor since I didn't have anyone to help me!

http://thebosh.com/upload/2008/06/19/when_thongs_attack_some_people_see_dollar_signs/thong%20man.jpg

Are you satisfied???

Tatonka
03-09-2009, 02:52 PM
HAHAHAHA..

now lock this thread and put it in the vault. you know damn ****ing well you're not going anywhere.

shelby
03-09-2009, 03:03 PM

The Spaz
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
:puke:

CuseJetsFan83
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM

how is the TO signing exactly unethical?

was signing of him evidence of any type of tampering or what have ya?
he was signed fair and square, and albeit he is a showman/a huge talker..... i'd still take him in a heartbeat.

plus you don't think this plays into ralphy boys 50th season anniversary?!

the whole character issue debate is laughable.... he may be a hassle on the field, but i haven't heard of TO running over a traffic cop, being charged with smoking the reefer, or possessing weapons, or even worse killing someone.

call it a lowering of standards, but is that your's or the image in your head of the teams expectations?

desperate times call for desperate measures, and im still wondering how this deal is selling the soul to the devil...... its a 1 yr deal, not some 6 year mega deal where he will be put out to pasture as a bill.

CuseJetsFan83
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Hahaha, you agree? Disagree?

I won't make this into a black/white thing, because TO does deserve most of the criticism he receives.

But in Favre's case, I've never seen someone throw so many hissy fits and act like a little *****, and still get a "pass." People actually had the audacity to blame the Packers front office for "screwing" Favre?!!

Their circumstances were different, but people in the media will always bow to Favre and always kick TO in the nuts. Public perception and reputation sure go a long way.

i do think the packers treated favre wrong, if there was some way to prove it, but in the long run it would be the old man thought he had some gas left in the tank, and couldn't be told otherwise......

with TO he does deserve the criticism, but thats what he wants..... he wants the attention, he's a big boy and can handle it. just like people wanted ocho cinco, how is this any different?

BAM
03-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm not ashamed to lower my standards.

Just look at the woman I married.

Bill Cody
03-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Something like 20% of the players in the NFL have been charged with a serious criminal offense according to the book "Pro's and Cons". This is not a league to follow if you need to cheer for straight arrows only, not even close. Funny thing is TO hasn't been in trouble with the law, his only crime is he's remarkably self absorbed. So that's worse to you than being charged with a serious crime?:drama: Do yourself and us a favor, follow through on your threat. The NFL is not for holier than thou pansies.

Bert102176
03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
just cause the team does things I don't like doesn't mean I'd stop supporting them, you guys weren't true fans if your gonna jump ship

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2009, 11:24 AM

One day she'll become a famous actress and dump your ass out on the street!

Watch out LOL!

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Damn it Pride, talk about an overreaction. Keep your panties on man and hang on for the ride! When was the last time the Bills get so much national attention ever since 1999?

chernobylwraiths
03-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Yeah, talk about her lowering her standards.

MikeInRoch
03-10-2009, 11:37 AM

I'm very curious what your opinion of Bruce Smith is.

HAMMER
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM

Oh snap, that's not nice. You will be sleeping in the garage if Missy sees this.

BAM
03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
I don't know how that got on there!

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2009, 12:04 PM
So is Pride back on the bandwagon or not?

Pride
03-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm very curious what your opinion of Bruce Smith is.

My opinion of Bruce is that he was an incredible athlete, a great team-mate, and a fan favorite.

His dealings with the Bills front office is where he had his issues. I don't care how he deals with the front office, as long as he isn't a ME guy on the field.

I don't think anyone would argue that Bruce was selfish on the field.

I don't recall Bruce going to 4 NFL teams, dividing the locker room in his first 3, and being the talk of the media every day because of his antics.

Bruce and T.O. are not even close to being in the same class!

Pride
03-10-2009, 12:14 PM
So is Pride back on the bandwagon or not?

I am back on the Bills bandwagon, but not on the T.O. bandwagon.

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah, talk about her lowering her standards.

Are we still talking about Missy or are we now talking about Mrs. Cher?

PromoTheRobot
03-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Buh-bye.

PTR

FlyingDutchman
03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
well that took all of 3 days to come back

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I am back on the Bills bandwagon, but not on the T.O. bandwagon.
Ok good.

Michael82
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I never want to hear another person yell at me for "flip flopping" or overreacting again! That means you, Lecter.... :mad:

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I never want to hear another person yell at me for "flip flopping" or overreacting again! That means you, Lecter.... :mad:

Just because he does it too, does nor mean that you do not.

Michael82
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Just because he does it too, does nor mean that you do not.
True, but what he did was worse than any other flip flop or overreaction that I have had. Plus the whole board pretty much flip flopped on Owens. So, I don't want to hear you constantly calling me a flip flopper when you yourself are guilty of it too. :yap:

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
True, but what he did was worse than any other flip flop or overreaction that I have had. Plus the whole board pretty much flip flopped on Owens. So, I don't want to hear you constantly calling me a flip flopper when you yourself are guilty of it too. :yap:
Good point Mikey.

MikeInRoch
03-10-2009, 02:18 PM
My opinion of Bruce is that he was an incredible athlete, a great team-mate, and a fan favorite.

His dealings with the Bills front office is where he had his issues. I don't care how he deals with the front office, as long as he isn't a ME guy on the field.

I don't think anyone would argue that Bruce was selfish on the field.

I don't recall Bruce going to 4 NFL teams, dividing the locker room in his first 3, and being the talk of the media every day because of his antics.

Bruce and T.O. are not even close to being in the same class!

So a drug suspension is not relevant at all to you?

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
So a drug suspension is not relevant at all to you?
No I don't care about drugs.

Marvelous
03-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Are fans who haul ass when we struggle parasites?

WINNING IS A PERK FOR THIS L-I-F-E LONG BILLS FAN....Cya toughtnuts.

man, why are fans so quick to bug? isn't watching week 1 -17 awesome? It is for me & wife.. Relax pride.

realdealryan
03-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Drunk posting.

****, he's a distraction but he serves a purpose (said a hundred times before). If I could give up the Bills, I would have after 4 SB losses. I wore a jersey to campus today and people snickered and talked about TO. It's an addiction.

reading is good.

AHAH welcome back x2

Marvelous
03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
update:: welcome back Pride.. :lol:

yordad
03-10-2009, 11:20 PM
I think I've been pretty consistent.

MikeInRoch
03-11-2009, 07:29 AM
No I don't care about drugs.

That wasn't really directed at you, but ok.

I think that saying someone is bad because they have an abrasive personality, but someone who gets suspended by the league for using cocaine kind of has their priorities out of whack.

feldspar
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM

If you are able to adopt another team, you never WERE a Bills fan in the first place and good riddance. Changing loyalties isn't an option.

Maybe you and Benedict Arnold can go root for the Patriots. That's where all the asswipes go.

feldspar
03-11-2009, 02:48 PM
He tore up the Cowboys

where did you hear that?

If T.O. was the demon every one projects on him, you'd think one single person in Dallas would come out and say SOMETHING, anything negative about how T.O. affected the team. Instead, you have everyone saying that they didn't really have a problem with T.O.'s behavior. You have players saying they wish he stayed.

I'd say that the distraction created by the media was a bigger distraction than what T.O. actually did in Dallas.

Roy Williams was traded to the Cowboys about 6 games into last season in exchange for a first, third, and sixth round pick in this year's draft. They wouldn't do this without the idea of him being their #1 receiver.

I'm not worried about T.O.'s behavior in Buffalo at all. If he starts to yell at people on the sidelines, I'll actually enjoy it. I never was of the mindset that one player had enough pull to bring down a whole lockerroom anyway. The media focuses on every syllable he says and just waits for something to blow out of proportion...they love that ****. Not that he never steps out of line, but not nearly to the degree that it's perceived. The thing has snowballed to the point where people react to the reputation, not the man.

tat2dmike77
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
This thread is classic. Is your vag still sandy pride?

Spiderweb
03-11-2009, 10:33 PM

A.) 11 year old lament?
B.) TO pissed in your wheaties?
C.) never was a real Bills fan anyway?

SABURZFAN
03-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Detroit isn't too far from Chambersburg, is it? :idunno:

northernbillfan
03-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Hey Pride. Don't let the door hit you on the ass when you leave.

What a bunch of crap. Anyone who would even think about saying, "I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team." isn't a true fan!

Get off the bandwagon.

THATHURMANATOR
03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Hey Pride. Don't let the door hit you on the ass when you leave.

What a bunch of crap. Anyone who would even think about saying, "I'm done rooting for the Buffalo Bills. Time to start looking for a new team." isn't a true fan!

Get off the bandwagon.
You are late to the party Northern. Pride has already jumped back on the wagon. He has forever stamped himself as a bandwagoner going forward however.

Pride
03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Jeezus... 10 pages! I didn't realize that I was so important to the zone that everyone had to voice their disgust at me "leaving". Forgive me for having male PMS for a day!

northernbillfan
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
You are late to the party Northern. Pride has already jumped back on the wagon. He has forever stamped himself as a bandwagoner going forward however.:bf1:

SABURZFAN
03-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Jeezus... 10 pages! I didn't realize that I was so important to the zone that everyone had to voice their disgust at me "leaving". Forgive me for having male PMS for a day!

we're disappointed in you, Pride. :shakeno:

Pride
03-12-2009, 10:25 AM
He has forever stamped himself as a bandwagoner going forward however.

Yeah, because people jump on bandwagon's like that of the Buffalo Bills! The last time anyone jumped on the Buffalo Bills Bandwagon was most likely in 1996 (or whenever the hell Flutie and his mullet came to town).

There is no good reason to jump onto the wagon. I'm here because I've always been here. I'd say that everyone is allowed to have a pissed off day where they question their fanhood of a team. Monday was mine!

THATHURMANATOR
03-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, because people jump on bandwagon's like that of the Buffalo Bills! The last time anyone jumped on the Buffalo Bills Bandwagon was most likely in 1996 (or whenever the hell Flutie and his mullet came to town).

There is no good reason to jump onto the wagon. I'm here because I've always been here. I'd say that everyone is allowed to have a pissed off day where they question their fanhood of a team. Monday was mine!
I don't make the bandwagoner rules pride. I am sorry.

madness
03-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Forgive me for having male PMS for a day!

Well, at least you got the PMS part right.