PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy with the Owens signing...

Ebenezer
03-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I think this is very interesting. The WR corps is instantly better. Will Owens be worth the headache? Don't know. But take a look. What looks better to you?

Evans
Owens
Reed
Parrish

Evans
Reed
Parrish
Some guy who didn't get cut in camp.

tat2dmike77
03-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Ownes
Evans
Reed
Johnson
Parrish

Looks better too me

clumping platelets
03-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Now I gotta root for him :dizzy:

Ebenezer
03-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Ownes
Evans
Reed
Johnson
Parrish

Looks better too me
I only went with the top 4...they don't go five wide too often.

TacklingDummy
03-07-2009, 06:45 PM
T.O. is the best WR on our team.

Hopefully with signing TO it takes some of the heat off the disappointing Evans.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2009, 06:47 PM
damn, are you guys cutting your losses with Hardy??

mysticsoto
03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I think the WR corps will definitely be an order of magnitude better. Trent really needs to step up now!

But what I like also is that now they really need to work Hardy for special Red Zone plays. Imagine both giants coming out for red zone plays (once Hardy recovers) and teams trying to cover two 6'5" guys!!! Plus a hopefully good catching TE that we may grab this draft.

My only worry is at LG now. It doesn't look like anything is moving forward with the Waters situation and if they are seriously considering moving Kirk Chambers there, as good as he played last year, I'd be worried. It also means they are likely drafting a Guard AND maybe a Center also in this draft. If our DEs can actually produce, we could have a heck of a team...

TacklingDummy
03-07-2009, 06:49 PM

Hardy isn't a pimple on TO's ass.

mysticsoto
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM

No, but I think most people are predicting he won't be ready by TC and likely be behind once the season starts and will be playing catchup in terms of getting in football shape. Like I've always advocated, start him off strictly with red zone plays until he can do them in his sleep and then work your way down from there.

plundar
03-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm happy about this. I wish the deal was at least a 2yr but I'll take it. I just thought this was some kind of publicity stunt by his agent to muster up interest. Go Bills, don't stop there. They have a LOT farther to go.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I think the WR corps will definitely be an order of magnitude better. Trent really needs to step up now!

But what I like also is that now they really need to work Hardy for special Red Zone plays. Imagine both giants coming out for red zone plays (once Hardy recovers) and teams trying to cover two 6'5" guys!!! Plus a hopefully good catching TE that we may grab this draft.

My only worry is at LG now. It doesn't look like anything is moving forward with the Waters situation and if they are seriously considering moving Kirk Chambers there, as good as he played last year, I'd be worried. It also means they are likely drafting a Guard AND maybe a Center also in this draft. If our DEs can actually produce, we could have a heck of a team...who is the 2nd 6'5" giant other than Hardy?

TacklingDummy
03-07-2009, 06:53 PM
To bad JP Losman never got to pass the ball to TO and Lee. He'd have a career year.

Ebenezer
03-07-2009, 06:55 PM
I didn't include him because to my understanding he will not be ready at the beginning at the year and may not play at all this year. Correct me if I am wrong.

Ebenezer
03-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Now I gotta root for him :dizzy:
Just buy his jersey...he'll be cut while in training camp.

OpIv37
03-07-2009, 06:56 PM
on only on first and goal from the 3.

The Spaz
03-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Get us a ****ing TE now!!!:up:

ParanoidAndroid
03-07-2009, 07:02 PM
There is one sure thing that this signing will do....

It will sell a crap load of tickets.

The rest is guesswork. I'm hoping Evans will have the best season he's had yet and Owens will be the reason for it. I'm also hoping that Hardy can pick up on TO's work ethic and learn from one of the best all-time. The problem with that is that he could easily spread that ego thing to young players as well.

Patti120
03-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Get us a ****ing TE now!!!:up:

And a Guard! TO is generally pretty quiet (for him anyways) during his first year with a team. We will find out a lot about TE this year!

On paper (notice how I said ON PAPER) we have one of the better O's in the NFL. Evans, Owens and Reed is really, really solid, then throw Lynch and FJ in there and possibly Pettigrew. On paper, WOW! I mean, other teams will have to adjust their D's now to account for TO. Should be interesting.

Now what really happens is a diff. story. I had a dream last night that on the first play of the first regular season game of the season, TE got crushed and was knocked the F out with a concussion and never regained any sort of form. Let's hope that is incorrect and lets hope TO is not a disruptive force for us but a disruptive force for everyone we play.

tat2dmike77
03-07-2009, 07:13 PM

I think we might see alot of 5 wide sets this year.

jimbohastle51
03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm happy about this. I wish the deal was at least a 2yr but I'll take it. I just thought this was some kind of publicity stunt by his agent to muster up interest. Go Bills, don't stop there. They have a LOT farther to go.

even if he produces no one will want him next year, he produced last year, so i am sure we can resign him if we want to keep him after this year. if we make the playoffs and really show that we are on the verge of something special i doubt that TO or our front office will want to part ways, especially considering we are always well under the cap and can give him as much money as we deem necessary if we are looking like a contender after the year.

Tatonka
03-07-2009, 07:29 PM
owens is not 6'5"....
he is 6'3"

that said.. he can show hardy and johnson how to use their size.

Typ0
03-07-2009, 07:39 PM
it's hard not to be happy with this one EB. It's a very smart business move as TO carries with him a media circus. On the field though the guy is just plain a TD machine and the best receiver in the league. He came cheap too. This makes things very interesting for us.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I think this is very interesting. The WR corps is instantly better. Will Owens be worth the headache? Don't know. But take a look. What looks better to you?

Evans
Owens
Reed
Parrish

Evans
Reed
Parrish
Some guy who didn't get cut in camp.
Exactly! I have ALWAYS hated the guy, but I will admit that he brings excitement to a team that is desperate for it. He also will help sell tickets, there's no way that we are going to lose all those season ticket sales anymore. This is the kind of move that we needed to make!

Michael82
03-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Nope, but I bet that he will get put on the PUP list at the start of training camp.

Discotrish
03-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Trent needs to "step up?" Sorry Mystic, I think this signing means they have a different plan at that position. You can't have a Mercedes Benz at WR and Yugo at QB. Otherwise you've just got the Randy Moss in Oakland situation all over again.

Patti