PDA

View Full Version : Theres many things to like about this!

X-Era
03-07-2009, 06:45 PM
1) Owens has an unbelievable work ethic. He will demand that his team mates be in tip top shape right along with him
2) I think the AFCE got a whole lot tougher right now
3) Ralph can no longer be criticized for not putting his money where his mouth is
4) Its a one year contract and TO has been very good in year one with a new team.
5) He adds almost as many TD's in the past 2 years as our whole offense combined (assuming he continues the production)
6) Dick Jauron is a very good controller of his players and they adore him. I still think hes a lame duck HC but more for his management on the field. NOT his ability to manage the players. I think Dick may just be the right fit for him.
7) This may really work... I have huge reservations, but it may just work.
8) This guy is going to want to win and he will rub that attitude off.
9) Jerry Jones just came out and said that he has nothing bad to say about him. He said he should have him as the top guy for a reference.
10) TO just trumped the Cowboys calling them "Americas team" but the Bills "North Americas Team"... I kind of like it.
11) The signing officially locks up our #2 WR need and makes things more concrete as far as how much we have left to spend. I am thinking we will see a flurry of signings (2 or 3) very soon now that things are more clear with our most expensive need.
12) He wont have the heat that he had in Cowboys land. Less media coverage may keep him less stressed and let him just do his job.

X-Era
03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I think we may also get more interest from FA's now that TO is a Bill.

tat2dmike77
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Plus he brings confidence and swagger to a team that has neither. I don't like the way he runs his mouth all the time. A little trash talking i am cool with but sometimes he goes overboard. But i think he will help this team get some confidence and instead of lookin at NE as the unbeatable bully he will make them believe they can beat anyone. I am happy with this signing.

X-Era
03-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Plus he brings confidence and swagger to a team that has neither. I don't like the way he runs his mouth all the time. A little trash talking i am cool with but sometimes he goes overboard. But i think he will help this team get some confidence and instead of lookin at NE as the unbeatable bully he will make them believe they can beat anyone. I am happy with this signing.

I wonder how much he will be able to... I mean Buffalo isnt Dallas... I just dont see him getting as much media up here. I think thats a good thing.

Michael82
03-07-2009, 11:54 PM
I think we may also get more interest from FA's now that TO is a Bill.
I was thinking the same thing.....

X-Era
03-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I was thinking the same thing.....

It could work for or against us:

For- players see that we are serious about winning and will want to play for a team thats so strong on O

Against- Im sure there are players who never want to be on the same team with TO

I think the majority will see it in the "for" column

Michael82
03-08-2009, 09:09 AM
It could work for or against us:

For- players see that we are serious about winning and will want to play for a team thats so strong on O

Against- Im sure there are players who never want to be on the same team with TO

I think the majority will see it in the "for" column
I guarantee that we will have several agents calling Buffalo today and tomorrow to set up visits and I bet that we will have either June or Keiaho sign tomorrow....

X-Era
03-08-2009, 09:13 AM
I guarantee that we will have several agents calling Buffalo today and tomorrow to set up visits and I bet that we will have either June or Keiaho sign tomorrow....

I agree that signings are going to come much quicker now, but I think its also because we have a firm handle on how much were spending on our most expensive position. We now know for sure what we have to spend everywhere else.

X-Era
03-08-2009, 09:14 AM

I can tell you one more thing... I can promise you, you will be seeing me at the BZ spot at the Ralph this year Mikey!

Michael82
03-08-2009, 09:22 AM
I can tell you one more thing... I can promise you, you will be seeing me at the BZ spot at the Ralph this year Mikey!
Sounds good! Can't wait to see ya in your new T.O. jersey. :snicker:

X-Era
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Sounds good! Can't wait to see ya in your new T.O. jersey. :snicker:

Lets not go that far!

Well, maybe I could cut up a patch with TO on it and cover over the name Hardy... its only for a year.

I wont stitch it, just use Velcro so that I can quickly ditch him if he acts up.

shelby
03-08-2009, 09:36 AM
TO is an asshat....but if he produces for us, i'm just ok with that.