PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a week makes

tat2dmike77
03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Last week around this time threads of "This team sucks", "Ralph is cheap", "This organization is a joke" and "The Bills are a three win team" were rampant around here.

Now that T.O is signed the attitude has changed. People are saying it's exciting to be a Bills fan. How the FO is not done signing players.

Funny how one signing changes everyones attitude.

Nighthawk
03-07-2009, 07:24 PM
It's not about the signing, but about the perception that this organization is actually trying to win football games. IMO, that gets people excited.

tat2dmike77
03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
It's not about the signing, but about the perception that this organization is actually trying to win football games. IMO, that gets people excited.

I know but this time last week we were what twenty hours into FA and these threads were rampant.

BillsRGreat
03-07-2009, 07:54 PM

^What He said!^

With Jauron being brought back, many fans, including myself lost a little bit of hope. The argument that Ralph is pushing this team into obscurity in order for a move to be made once he passes was becoming more and more relevant with the same old hum drum take a practice squad player and call him a starter approach. Not to mention we were letting the good ones go (see J.Leonard).

With this signing it brings hope & a sense that the FO does want to win, or at least make the Bills relevant. People will know the Bills, Good or Bad. This signing isn't just a player move, but a sign to us fans that the obscurity & relocation chance is a little less relevant.

jpdex12
03-07-2009, 08:11 PM
All this move is, is a PR move. Morale is low and this move helps OBD mask the problems with this team and adds some excitement to the fan's minds. Russ, good move. This will make fans forget about the bumbled Jauron extension after a record setting collapse from a 5-0 start. Now people can focus on TO and especially the Canadians up in Toronto.

I hope to god I am wrong but why does everyone use the old saying, "history has a tendency to repeat itself"? Because it does!

TO couldn't exist in San Fran, TO couldn't exist in Philly and TO couldn't exist in Dallas. Are you telling me that it was all three teams fault that he couldn't create any longevity with them? NO! It's TO and now we get to be the next idiot team added to the list. One week McNabb is the best QB in the league the next week he is incompetant. One week he's crying for Tony Romo because people are being harsh with him and the next week he is throwing him under the bus.

Get your popcorn ready Trent!

OpIv37
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm sure we'll have more signings. The problem is that there isn't really anyone left who is going to make this team better.

I don't like TO and I'm not thrilled that he's on our team, but he does have talent and it is good to see the FO go after talent for once. Hopefully it will work out.

I still have lots of doubts about this team. Nothing has been done with the D, particularly the DE position, which was brutal last year. The OL lost two starters (granted, they were ****ty starters) and only signed one guy who was a back-up for his previous team. That's not encouraging. And I'm still not sold on Edwards. If he can't get Owens the ball, TO's presence here is irrelevant, so that could be a big problem.

And worst of all, we still have the same morons in the FO and the same idiot coach. One (possibly) good signing doesn't get them off the hook for years of futility and mismanagement.

Mitchell55
03-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Last week around this time threads of "This team sucks", "Ralph is cheap", "This organization is a joke" and "The Bills are a three win team" were rampant around here.

Now that T.O is signed the attitude has changed. People are saying it's exciting to be a Bills fan. How the FO is not done signing players.

Funny how one signing changes everyones attitude.

A HOFer can do that.