PDA

View Full Version : another two cents

chernobylwraiths
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Lalime looked awful this game. Bad goals, bad angles and of course little help.

The Buffalo defense is one of the worst if not THE worst defense at getting the puck out of its zone. A blind man could see that Ottawa just cycles the puck but not only can they not do anything with it when they DO get control of the puck, not only do they get knocked off the puck by just about anybody, but I think EVERY team knows that they just have to sit by the boards in order to wait for the defense to cough it up or try to shoot it out around the boards. It goes for the offense too.

Butler needs to get some offensive help. He seems to be watching his fellow Sabres defensemen. When the puck comes to him at the point, he just dumps it into the corner.

Talinder and Lydman are getting worse. They are the worst with the puck in their own zone. They look like they panic when there is a player near them. Tallinder made a lucky play on the two on one late in the game and then Lydman tries the same thing. Aren't they taught that laying down on the ice on a two on one takes them completely out of the play if the guy just lets him go?

Hecht and Pomminville are virtually useless right now. I have no idea what they are doing on the ice. Hecht got lucky with the goal (I guess you need that sometimes) but they get knocked off the puck all the time, especially Pomminville. I have more faith that Gaustad will score for the team than one of these guys in the clutch.

And I STILL don't understand how this Ottawa team is one of the worst in the NHL. Maybe the Sabres need to watch tapes of when other teams dominate them.

clumping platelets
03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
we always have the same match up problems vs Ottawa :down:

JD
03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Have we won both games in a back2back all season?

mchurchfie
03-09-2009, 07:26 AM
The Alfreddson line absolutely owns our defense. If I see Alfreddson waltzing around with the puck in our own end one more time with no one laying a hand on him I'm going to:puke:. Someone needs to knock him on his ass. He has tormented us for years. Maybe Lindy needs to change stategies also. It seems they know where the Buffalo defense is going with the puck before they even do anything.

SkateZilla
03-09-2009, 09:03 AM
dont alfie have like a 2.98 Pts Per Game Average VS Buffalo?