On paper, our team could/should be unfair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

On paper, our team could/should be unfair

Im going with the thought of us getting 1 of the 3 LBs, 1 of the 2 guards, Foster, and drafting DE, TE, DT

QB- Edwards- was in some peoples minds as the MVP at the start of last year.
    RB- Lynch- top 5 RB who made the probowl with vertually no line.
    Jackson- Combines for arguably the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.
    WR- Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson- WOW. 1 is a HOFer who still gets 10 tds a season, 1 is arguably the best deep ball reciever, then Reed who has the best hands on our team, Hardy at 6-7 and is in his 2nd season which is WRs breakout season, Parrish is probably the quickest player in the NFL, and Johnson is a 6-4 sure handed reciever.
    TE- Coffeman/Cook/Pettigrew in the 2nd, wow, our passing game got 1000X better.
    OL- 2 time pro bowl tackle, Peters, one of the best pass blockers in the nfl, Walker, Butler who will be great, Hangartner who took the starting role in Carolina last year and played great. Then Simmons or Bentley adding to that.
    DE- Schobel, 2 time probowler, Ellis, 3rd round pick, and then we have the choice of Orakpo, Brown, Maybin, Johnson, and English. 1 of them will be there.
    DT- Stroud, pro bowl player, Williams, great rotational player, then in the 3rd I have us getting Gilbert who had a great combine and was a top DT last year in college.
    LB- Pos- team MVP, Mitchell- motivator and a very strong player, then Keiho, June, and Peterson.
    CB- McGee- great covering skills and speed, McKelvin, one of the on the rise young CBs in the NFL. Then great depth with Florence, Youboty, and Corner.
    S- Whitner, was on the all defensive team, and Scott, who is one of the sure tackling DBs on our team.

Id say

QB- C+
    RB- A+
    WR- A
    TE- B
    OL- A
    DL- B+
    LB- B+
    DB- B
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: On paper, our team could/should be unfair

And I thought I was optimistic.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

How in the **** is our o-line an A when we don't even have a ****ing LG? Yes I am happy about TO but be ****ing real.

Comment

• Mitchell55
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by The Spaz
        How in the **** is our o-line an A when we don't even have a ****ing LG? Yes I am happy about TO but be ****ing real.

LT- Peters, LG- Simmons (read the ****in top will ya), C- Hangartner, RG- Butler, RT- Walker.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Is he signed yet? I rest my case.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

TE is a B with 2 average TE's and a maybe a rookie?

Comment

• Mitchell55
              • Feb 2008

Is he signed yet? I rest my case.

What the **** is wrong with you. Did you forget how to read or something. It says at the top, ''with the thought of us signing Bentley or Simmons.'' I know we are not a A without one of them.

This is why we have school.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                • Feb 2008

TE is a B with 2 average TE's and a maybe a rookie?

Coffeman or Cook I believe will be great, its my opinion. Fine came around and wasnt used much be had a solid season for how little he played. Schouman shouldnt even be here anymore.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

First, your analysis counts guys who we haven't signed yet.

Second, you grossly overrated our OL, LB's and S. Whitner is a paper tiger- his play doesn't justify his reputation. Scott is OK at best. Hangartner was a backup in carolina and may not be any better than the guys we had last year, plus we still have no starting quality guard to replace Dock and Butler isn't nearly as good as you make him sound. Poz hasn't lived up to his reputation yet, Mitchell makes a big play then sucks for two weeks, and the other guys you mentioned aren't even on our team yet.

Sometimes you need to think through these things before you post them. We really haven't added anything except TO over last year and we have a harder schedule. On paper this is a 6-7 win team.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                    !?!?!?!?!?
                    • Mar 2006

u be crazy kiddo

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                      Im going with the thought of us getting 1 of the 3 LBs, 1 of the 2 guards, Foster, and drafting DE, TE, DT

QB- Edwards- was in some peoples minds as the MVP at the start of last year.
                      RB- Lynch- top 5 RB who made the probowl with vertually no line.
                      Jackson- Combines for arguably the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.
                      WR- Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson- WOW. 1 is a HOFer who still gets 10 tds a season, 1 is arguably the best deep ball reciever, then Reed who has the best hands on our team, Hardy at 6-7 and is in his 2nd season which is WRs breakout season, Parrish is probably the quickest player in the NFL, and Johnson is a 6-4 sure handed reciever.
                      TE- Coffeman/Cook/Pettigrew in the 2nd, wow, our passing game got 1000X better.
                      OL- 2 time pro bowl tackle, Peters, one of the best pass blockers in the nfl, Walker, Butler who will be great, Hangartner who took the starting role in Carolina last year and played great. Then Simmons or Bentley adding to that.
                      DE- Schobel, 2 time probowler, Ellis, 3rd round pick, and then we have the choice of Orakpo, Brown, Maybin, Johnson, and English. 1 of them will be there.
                      DT- Stroud, pro bowl player, Williams, great rotational player, then in the 3rd I have us getting Gilbert who had a great combine and was a top DT last year in college.
                      LB- Pos- team MVP, Mitchell- motivator and a very strong player, then Keiho, June, and Peterson.
                      CB- McGee- great covering skills and speed, McKelvin, one of the on the rise young CBs in the NFL. Then great depth with Florence, Youboty, and Corner.
                      S- Whitner, was on the all defensive team, and Scott, who is one of the sure tackling DBs on our team.

Id say

QB- C+
                      RB- A+
                      WR- A
                      TE- B
                      OL- A
                      DL- B+
                      LB- B+
                      DB- B
                      wow, Hardy grew 2 inches.....when will it stop

and 3rd year is the break-out year for WR
                      Last edited by LtFinFan66; 03-07-2009, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                          What the **** is wrong with you. Did you forget how to read or something. It says at the top, ''with the thought of us signing Bentley or Simmons.'' I know we are not a A without one of them.

This is why we have school.
                          the title of this thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=171133) and first post is why we have school. Clearly your school is doing a fine job

Comment

• im8th2buffalo
                            • Mar 2008

I love your optimism. I am excited about our team again too.
                            You might be right with all of the grades you gave. Even teachers can sometimes grade differently.
                            Good post.

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Calm down, dork.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X