PDA

View Full Version : On paper, our team could/should be unfair

Mitchell55
03-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Im going with the thought of us getting 1 of the 3 LBs, 1 of the 2 guards, Foster, and drafting DE, TE, DT

QB- Edwards- was in some peoples minds as the MVP at the start of last year.
RB- Lynch- top 5 RB who made the probowl with vertually no line.
Jackson- Combines for arguably the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.
WR- Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson- WOW. 1 is a HOFer who still gets 10 tds a season, 1 is arguably the best deep ball reciever, then Reed who has the best hands on our team, Hardy at 6-7 and is in his 2nd season which is WRs breakout season, Parrish is probably the quickest player in the NFL, and Johnson is a 6-4 sure handed reciever.
TE- Coffeman/Cook/Pettigrew in the 2nd, wow, our passing game got 1000X better.
OL- 2 time pro bowl tackle, Peters, one of the best pass blockers in the nfl, Walker, Butler who will be great, Hangartner who took the starting role in Carolina last year and played great. Then Simmons or Bentley adding to that.
DE- Schobel, 2 time probowler, Ellis, 3rd round pick, and then we have the choice of Orakpo, Brown, Maybin, Johnson, and English. 1 of them will be there.
DT- Stroud, pro bowl player, Williams, great rotational player, then in the 3rd I have us getting Gilbert who had a great combine and was a top DT last year in college.
LB- Pos- team MVP, Mitchell- motivator and a very strong player, then Keiho, June, and Peterson.
CB- McGee- great covering skills and speed, McKelvin, one of the on the rise young CBs in the NFL. Then great depth with Florence, Youboty, and Corner.
S- Whitner, was on the all defensive team, and Scott, who is one of the sure tackling DBs on our team.

Id say

QB- C+
RB- A+
WR- A
TE- B
OL- A
DL- B+
LB- B+
DB- B

TigerJ
03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
And I thought I was optimistic.

The Spaz
03-07-2009, 09:33 PM
How in the **** is our o-line an A when we don't even have a ****ing LG? Yes I am happy about TO but be ****ing real.

Mitchell55
03-07-2009, 09:34 PM
How in the **** is our o-line an A when we don't even have a ****ing LG? Yes I am happy about TO but be ****ing real.

LT- Peters, LG- Simmons (read the ****in top will ya), C- Hangartner, RG- Butler, RT- Walker.

The Spaz
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Is he signed yet? I rest my case.

The Spaz
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
TE is a B with 2 average TE's and a maybe a rookie?

Mitchell55
03-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Is he signed yet? I rest my case.

What the **** is wrong with you. Did you forget how to read or something. It says at the top, ''with the thought of us signing Bentley or Simmons.'' I know we are not a A without one of them.

This is why we have school.

Mitchell55
03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
TE is a B with 2 average TE's and a maybe a rookie?

Coffeman or Cook I believe will be great, its my opinion. Fine came around and wasnt used much be had a solid season for how little he played. Schouman shouldnt even be here anymore.

OpIv37
03-07-2009, 09:41 PM
First, your analysis counts guys who we haven't signed yet.

Second, you grossly overrated our OL, LB's and S. Whitner is a paper tiger- his play doesn't justify his reputation. Scott is OK at best. Hangartner was a backup in carolina and may not be any better than the guys we had last year, plus we still have no starting quality guard to replace Dock and Butler isn't nearly as good as you make him sound. Poz hasn't lived up to his reputation yet, Mitchell makes a big play then sucks for two weeks, and the other guys you mentioned aren't even on our team yet.

Sometimes you need to think through these things before you post them. We really haven't added anything except TO over last year and we have a harder schedule. On paper this is a 6-7 win team.

BILLSROCK1212
03-07-2009, 09:45 PM
u be crazy kiddo

LtFinFan66
03-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Im going with the thought of us getting 1 of the 3 LBs, 1 of the 2 guards, Foster, and drafting DE, TE, DT

QB- Edwards- was in some peoples minds as the MVP at the start of last year.
RB- Lynch- top 5 RB who made the probowl with vertually no line.
Jackson- Combines for arguably the best 1-2 punch in the NFL.
WR- Evans, Owens, Reed, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson- WOW. 1 is a HOFer who still gets 10 tds a season, 1 is arguably the best deep ball reciever, then Reed who has the best hands on our team, Hardy at 6-7 and is in his 2nd season which is WRs breakout season, Parrish is probably the quickest player in the NFL, and Johnson is a 6-4 sure handed reciever.
TE- Coffeman/Cook/Pettigrew in the 2nd, wow, our passing game got 1000X better.
OL- 2 time pro bowl tackle, Peters, one of the best pass blockers in the nfl, Walker, Butler who will be great, Hangartner who took the starting role in Carolina last year and played great. Then Simmons or Bentley adding to that.
DE- Schobel, 2 time probowler, Ellis, 3rd round pick, and then we have the choice of Orakpo, Brown, Maybin, Johnson, and English. 1 of them will be there.
DT- Stroud, pro bowl player, Williams, great rotational player, then in the 3rd I have us getting Gilbert who had a great combine and was a top DT last year in college.
LB- Pos- team MVP, Mitchell- motivator and a very strong player, then Keiho, June, and Peterson.
CB- McGee- great covering skills and speed, McKelvin, one of the on the rise young CBs in the NFL. Then great depth with Florence, Youboty, and Corner.
S- Whitner, was on the all defensive team, and Scott, who is one of the sure tackling DBs on our team.

Id say

QB- C+
RB- A+
WR- A
TE- B
OL- A
DL- B+
LB- B+
DB- Bwow, Hardy grew 2 inches.....when will it stop

and 3rd year is the break-out year for WR

LtFinFan66
03-07-2009, 10:09 PM
:homer:

LtFinFan66
03-07-2009, 10:13 PM
What the **** is wrong with you. Did you forget how to read or something. It says at the top, ''with the thought of us signing Bentley or Simmons.'' I know we are not a A without one of them.

This is why we have school.the title of this thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171133) and first post is why we have school. Clearly your school is doing a fine job

im8th2buffalo
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
I love your optimism. I am excited about our team again too.
You might be right with all of the grades you gave. Even teachers can sometimes grade differently.
Good post.

lordofgun
03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Calm down, dork.

The Spaz
03-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Calm down, dork.

Ha look who's talking.

Devin
03-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow. The only area of this team that deserves an A is our kicking squad.

WR would be next in line with a solid B.

The rest is beyond off base.

Al the Bills Fan
03-07-2009, 10:43 PM
You might want to learn how to spell tomorrow (not tomarrow) and virtually (not vertually) before you tell anyone about the importance of school.

BillsOwnAll
03-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Hangartner who took the starting role in Carolina last year and played great. .

I like optimism and im sure he did but did you honestly watch any carolinas games last year and go "wow that hangatener guy is sure playing great"

lol sorry i had to.

hydro
03-08-2009, 07:12 AM
This is just comical...

Jan Reimers
03-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Isn't it amazing what the signing of an aging, declining chronic malcontent can do?

Break up the Bills!

(But actually, I like the signing, as long as we make some other significant moves to plug our other holes.)