• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Played by Rosendouche.....again

He was able to get Willis his payday with the Bills when no one wanted him.

He has done the same to us with T.O.

Here's my take on Drew's plan - as long as TO produces without any major locker room garbage (a BIG if), then he'll leverage it to get him out of Buffalo next year to a contender ready for an SB run. I'd bet all the money I have that he told T.O. this is the plan:

"Hey, just suck it up for a year in B'lo, don't make any waves, and we'll get you signed to a big market team ready for the run next year. We just needed to get you signed quickly so that it LOOKED like you were really in demand. That way we create the illusion, and the illusion becomes reality. In the meantime you're gonna make $6.5M guaranteed."

Not bad, eh?

I will say this - and it REALLY hurts to say it because without a doubt he is everything that is WRONG with the NFL and probably the one I hate the most next to Irvin - but given the fact that we weren't able to get anyone else in FA, this is better than nothing. An expensive experiment, but an experiment nonetheless.

I just can't believe I'm actually going to be rooting for that asshat instead of throwing things at my TV every time he shows is cocky face.
    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 03-08-2009, 12:47 AM.
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Re: Played by Rosendouche.....again

I agree. This is a cleansing period for TO. Go hide out somewhere quiet where you can put up decent numbers. Next year, when the taint has faded away, we'll shoot for that last big deal. Makes sense.

It should work OK for the Bills, too. On one hand, if he behaves, we see a much better WR duo on the field (results depend on what happens with the OL). On the other hand, if this all implodes, the Bills will almost have no choice but to fire everyone and start fresh - which is what most of us were expecting this year. Sort of a screwed up dysfunctional win-win thingy here. Best we could hope for considering how things have been going in recent years.

And I'd put TO above Irvin on the asshat list. . . It will be tough. And I can promise you that there is definitely one Jersey I won't be buying.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

How much gas is in the tank?

T.O. isn't an idiot. He's a jackass, that's true, but he knows what the league thinks of him. This is a smart play on his move, he wants to prove that he can still play. Who's to say that we don't resign him if things go well?

Too much speculation for a season that is so far away. Let's just pray that he's ok during camp, gets the job done, and makes the Patsies secondary look like a joke.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

If TO produces big for us and isn't a problem then all Buffalo has to do is Franchise tag him and keep him for 9 mil.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

I tend to agree that he's a one year player for us. But I'm ok with that.
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Like any deal, it will be great if TO produces and behaves himself. Even if he does, however, he won't turn this thing around by himself. We still have many, many holes to fill.

But at least the deal creates a lot of buzz here and nationally for what has been a moribund franchise.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
              How much gas is in the tank?

T.O. isn't an idiot.
              Are you sure? My first reaction was - why didn't he shop around for a team that will sign him for more than 1 year. He's not getting any younger, so I can't imagine why he didn't do what Coles did.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

btw, will he be wearing my zoner #?
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

..did anybody catch what he said? "I'll give Buffalo 181% of me"

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

What does this cost the Bills? The money is easy.
                    What do the Bills have to lose? The worst that can happen is another wasted season, which is where they were likely headed anyway.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

This may turn out to be exactly what T.O. needed.. a small market club...

but this is a desperate move, by a desperate team, with a desperate coach, for a team that is trying to appease its legions of desperate fans.

Owens was a desperate player and in the end we had a perfect match out of desperation

I don't think we got played, I actually think this was about the best deal you could put together for both sides.

Comment

• hydro
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        This may turn out to be exactly what T.O. needed.. a small market club...

but this is a desperate move, by a desperate team, with a desperate coach, for a team that is trying to appease its legions of desperate fans.

Owens was a desperate player and in the end we had a perfect match out of desperation

I don't think we got played, I actually think this was about the best deal you could put together for both sides.
                        I agree. Worst case: He doesn't perform? He basically ends his career or at least any chance of getting that last pay day. Which he obviously wouldn't want to do.

Best case: He plays great for us, but we can't keep him because he goes for that last big pay day. That doesn't bother me. We can just hope Hardy matures even more in the passing year.
                        BERNIAC!

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

I hate the TO signing. The dude is such a jerk that it will be hard to root for him. It makes the team better from a talent perspective, but the Bills are still far from the Super Bowl and he will need to be replaced soon, if not next season.

This also evidences how cheap the Bills are. They signed damaged goods for small dollars and can pass it off as a huge signing because of the name.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by EDS
                            I hate the TO signing. The dude is such a jerk that it will be hard to root for him. It makes the team better from a talent perspective, but the Bills are still far from the Super Bowl and he will need to be replaced soon, if not next season.

This also evidences how cheap the Bills are. They signed damaged goods for small dollars and can pass it off as a huge signing because of the name.
                            He's getting more with the Bills than what he would be getting in Dallas right now.

Comment

• hydro
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              He's getting more with the Bills than what he would be getting in Dallas right now.

I thought he was due a 9mil roster bonus this season?
                              BERNIAC!

Comment

Working...
                              X