PDA

View Full Version : Played by Rosendouche.....again

Mr. Cynical
03-08-2009, 12:46 AM
He was able to get Willis his payday with the Bills when no one wanted him.

He has done the same to us with T.O.

Here's my take on Drew's plan - as long as TO produces without any major locker room garbage (a BIG if), then he'll leverage it to get him out of Buffalo next year to a contender ready for an SB run. I'd bet all the money I have that he told T.O. this is the plan:

"Hey, just suck it up for a year in B'lo, don't make any waves, and we'll get you signed to a big market team ready for the run next year. We just needed to get you signed quickly so that it LOOKED like you were really in demand. That way we create the illusion, and the illusion becomes reality. In the meantime you're gonna make $6.5M guaranteed."

Not bad, eh?

I will say this - and it REALLY hurts to say it because without a doubt he is everything that is WRONG with the NFL and probably the one I hate the most next to Irvin - but given the fact that we weren't able to get anyone else in FA, this is better than nothing. An expensive experiment, but an experiment nonetheless.

I just can't believe I'm actually going to be rooting for that asshat instead of throwing things at my TV every time he shows is cocky face. :(

Throne Logic
03-08-2009, 01:45 AM
I agree. This is a cleansing period for TO. Go hide out somewhere quiet where you can put up decent numbers. Next year, when the taint has faded away, we'll shoot for that last big deal. Makes sense.

It should work OK for the Bills, too. On one hand, if he behaves, we see a much better WR duo on the field (results depend on what happens with the OL). On the other hand, if this all implodes, the Bills will almost have no choice but to fire everyone and start fresh - which is what most of us were expecting this year. Sort of a screwed up dysfunctional win-win thingy here. Best we could hope for considering how things have been going in recent years.

And I'd put TO above Irvin on the asshat list. . . It will be tough. And I can promise you that there is definitely one Jersey I won't be buying.

ServoBillieves
03-08-2009, 03:51 AM
How much gas is in the tank?

T.O. isn't an idiot. He's a jackass, that's true, but he knows what the league thinks of him. This is a smart play on his move, he wants to prove that he can still play. Who's to say that we don't resign him if things go well?

Too much speculation for a season that is so far away. Let's just pray that he's ok during camp, gets the job done, and makes the Patsies secondary look like a joke.

Mahdi
03-08-2009, 06:25 AM
If TO produces big for us and isn't a problem then all Buffalo has to do is Franchise tag him and keep him for 9 mil.

MikeInRoch
03-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I tend to agree that he's a one year player for us. But I'm ok with that.

Jan Reimers
03-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Like any deal, it will be great if TO produces and behaves himself. Even if he does, however, he won't turn this thing around by himself. We still have many, many holes to fill.

But at least the deal creates a lot of buzz here and nationally for what has been a moribund franchise.

mybills
03-08-2009, 07:30 AM
How much gas is in the tank?

T.O. isn't an idiot.
Are you sure? My first reaction was - why didn't he shop around for a team that will sign him for more than 1 year. He's not getting any younger, so I can't imagine why he didn't do what Coles did.

mybills
03-08-2009, 07:31 AM
btw, will he be wearing my zoner #? :couch:

mybills
03-08-2009, 07:33 AM
..did anybody catch what he said? "I'll give Buffalo 181% of me"

Philagape
03-08-2009, 08:26 AM
What does this cost the Bills? The money is easy.
What do the Bills have to lose? The worst that can happen is another wasted season, which is where they were likely headed anyway.

ddaryl
03-08-2009, 08:31 AM
This may turn out to be exactly what T.O. needed.. a small market club...

but this is a desperate move, by a desperate team, with a desperate coach, for a team that is trying to appease its legions of desperate fans.

Owens was a desperate player and in the end we had a perfect match out of desperation

I don't think we got played, I actually think this was about the best deal you could put together for both sides.

hydro
03-08-2009, 08:35 AM

but this is a desperate move, by a desperate team, with a desperate coach, for a team that is trying to appease its legions of desperate fans.

Owens was a desperate player and in the end we had a perfect match out of desperation

I don't think we got played, I actually think this was about the best deal you could put together for both sides.
I agree. Worst case: He doesn't perform? He basically ends his career or at least any chance of getting that last pay day. Which he obviously wouldn't want to do.

Best case: He plays great for us, but we can't keep him because he goes for that last big pay day. That doesn't bother me. We can just hope Hardy matures even more in the passing year.

EDS
03-08-2009, 08:44 AM
I hate the TO signing. The dude is such a jerk that it will be hard to root for him. It makes the team better from a talent perspective, but the Bills are still far from the Super Bowl and he will need to be replaced soon, if not next season.

This also evidences how cheap the Bills are. They signed damaged goods for small dollars and can pass it off as a huge signing because of the name.

The Spaz
03-08-2009, 08:48 AM
I hate the TO signing. The dude is such a jerk that it will be hard to root for him. It makes the team better from a talent perspective, but the Bills are still far from the Super Bowl and he will need to be replaced soon, if not next season.

This also evidences how cheap the Bills are. They signed damaged goods for small dollars and can pass it off as a huge signing because of the name.

He's getting more with the Bills than what he would be getting in Dallas right now.

hydro
03-08-2009, 08:53 AM
He's getting more with the Bills than what he would be getting in Dallas right now.

:headscrat

I thought he was due a 9mil roster bonus this season?

The Spaz
03-08-2009, 08:55 AM
:headscrat

I thought he was due a 9mil roster bonus this season?

Well thsi is what rosenhaus said. Said he is making 800k more with the Bills. So unless he is wrong?!:idunno:

finfan34
03-08-2009, 08:59 AM
does it really mattter? you're team has the money, and all i heard the last 2 weeks on this site is people crying because you havent signed any big names. t.o. is a cancer, but he is still a good player.

topher180
03-08-2009, 08:59 AM

Amen. Couldn't agree more.

Oldbillsfan
03-08-2009, 09:11 AM
6.5 million is nothing for the tickets he will sell. Especially in Toronto. By week 4 everyone will love him because the Bills offense won't blow anymore. (Unless Edwards looks like the deer in the headlights again)

HHURRICANE
03-08-2009, 09:27 AM
4 miilion guaranteed for a guy that wins everywhere he goes. Yeah we got raped. Let's see if we can get Coles back here for 7 million a year.

Geez.

Philagape
03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
This costs the Bills NOTHING.
It's not like they gave up draft picks for him. Just chump change compared to how much cap room they have.
They have nowhere to go but up. 7-9 may as well be 2-14.
So "play" us all you want, Drew.

Night Train
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Rosenhaus has many current and past Bills players over the years and has worked quietly getting them their deals. He is no problem at all.

SABuffalo786
03-08-2009, 11:42 AM
If that's the plan, I have no problem with it. Let's get the most we can out of him and be done with it. 6.5 is a bargain to jump start the Bills back into contention.

jmb1099
03-08-2009, 01:45 PM
This deal cost us next to nothing and if he's looking for a big payday after this stint than he knows he needs to produce. Sounds win win to me.

im8th2buffalo
03-08-2009, 01:50 PM
If TO produces big for us and isn't a problem then all Buffalo has to do is Franchise tag him and keep him for 9 mil.

That is when TO would really fall apart. But great idea.

d1220
03-08-2009, 01:58 PM
That is when TO would really fall apart. But great idea.

I don't think TO has ever played in a home atmosphere like Buffalo. He might actually like it here. From what I've read over the years most players that come here are absolutely amazed at the gameday atmosphere here.

You never know, a small market team with an enthusiastic fan base, and cap space to spare might actually be the atmosphere he needs to finish his career on a high note.

yordad
03-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Hardy and Johnson could each use a year. Reed will give us a great slot guy. He is Edwards favorite receiver, and Edwards likes to throw short. Evans and Owens will command all the attention deep. A little play-action, a little dump over the LBs. Reed excess in running after the catch too.

In addition, when we go three wide, if we want to run, Reed blocking a CB is like a tight end out there.

Of course, Lee will get less double.

This incrementally increase the talent at many positions right now and, hopefully, long term.

YardRat
03-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this. If he produces, and has a positive affect on our younger guys, and we're winning = great.

If he tears up the locker room, then no big deal...it needed tearing up to begin with.

Mr. Cynical
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't think TO has ever played in a home atmosphere like Buffalo. He might actually like it here. From what I've read over the years most players that come here are absolutely amazed at the gameday atmosphere here.

You never know, a small market team with an enthusiastic fan base, and cap space to spare might actually be the atmosphere he needs to finish his career on a high note.

I would love that to be the case, really I would, but that has as much chance of happening as me winning lotto in 50 states.....simultaneously.

T.O. was a problem for his teams even when they were *winning*, let alone losing like the Bills have been for 9 years.

But, as others have said, if at the very least he generates a "buzz" to jumpstart the Bills then that's a good thing.

Oh, and here's a thought....

He might get them motivated in a way he doesn't intend. I'm sure lots of Bills players think "gee, wouldn't it be great to play for Dallas/big market and be a superstar like T.O.?" I really bet that some of the younger players will be somewhat star struck with him.

Well, when he bursts their bubble/perceptions, that might make them realize that the grass is always greener, so to speak, and then they might stop looking at how good other team lifestyles "must be", and then really commit to saying "lets make this Bills' team the best out there because it is OURS". Either that, or see a prime example of how a player *shouldn't* act and give them motivation to be their best all around.

I dunno...maybe not...just a thought that crossed my mind.

d1220
03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I would love that to be the case, really I would, but that has as much chance of happening as me winning lotto in 50 states.....simultaneously.

T.O. was a problem for his teams even when they were *winning*, let alone losing like the Bills have been for 9 years.

But, as others have said, if at the very least he generates a "buzz" to jumpstart the Bills then that's a good thing.

Oh, and here's a thought....

He might get them motivated in a way he doesn't intend. I'm sure lots of Bills players think "gee, wouldn't it be great to play for Dallas/big market and be a superstar like T.O.?" I really bet that some of the younger players will be somewhat star struck with him.

Well, when he bursts their bubble/perceptions, that might make them realize that the grass is always greener, so to speak, and then they might stop looking at how good other team lifestyles "must be", and then really commit to saying "lets make this Bills' team the best out there because it is OURS". Either that, or see a prime example of how a player *shouldn't* act and give them motivation to be their best all around.

I dunno...maybe not...just a thought that crossed my mind.

Unfortunately, I'm too much of an optomist for my own good. I am keeping hopeful and a 'wait and see' attitude for now. :D:

PcA125
03-08-2009, 03:31 PM
He was able to get Willis his payday with the Bills when no one wanted him.

He has done the same to us with T.O.

Here's my take on Drew's plan - as long as TO produces without any major locker room garbage (a BIG if), then he'll leverage it to get him out of Buffalo next year to a contender ready for an SB run. I'd bet all the money I have that he told T.O. this is the plan:

"Hey, just suck it up for a year in B'lo, don't make any waves, and we'll get you signed to a big market team ready for the run next year. We just needed to get you signed quickly so that it LOOKED like you were really in demand. That way we create the illusion, and the illusion becomes reality. In the meantime you're gonna make $6.5M guaranteed."

Not bad, eh?

I will say this - and it REALLY hurts to say it because without a doubt he is everything that is WRONG with the NFL and probably the one I hate the most next to Irvin - but given the fact that we weren't able to get anyone else in FA, this is better than nothing. An expensive experiment, but an experiment nonetheless.

I just can't believe I'm actually going to be rooting for that asshat instead of throwing things at my TV every time he shows is cocky face. :(

How did we get played? I'm glad he only signed for one year...he can use it as motivation to produce and show he can still play and not be a distraction. Also, I thought i read somewhere that it was 4 million guarenteed... not sure though.

At first I was totally against this..but I have to admit that I'm starting to come around

Mr. Pink
03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
I love the signing...and to be honest thought we should have brought him in a few years ago instead of signing Price and extending Reed...

T.O. will open up things for the offense all over the place.

Less doubles on Evans, free up the underneath for Reed and whatever TE we do end up going with, and might create some room in the running game for Jackson/Lynch.

With a player of this stature and ability NO ONE has any excuses if our offense looks like complete garbage. There is no way that we shouldn't have a top 10 offense in the NFL this coming season.

Especially if all of you honestly believe Evans and Lynch are awesome as you think.