• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

Wilson on his way out?

For the past four seasons, Denver Broncos two-time Pro Bowl middle linebacker Al Wilson has packed the intensity of a tornado and the power of a fist.

Last season, he racked up a team-leading 199 tackles, the Broncos' highest single-season total since Randy Gradishar rang up a ridiculous 224 in 1983.

MINICAMP AUDIO
    - Broncos QB Jake Plummer
    - Broncos RB Clinton Portis

But this season could be Wilson's last in Denver.

Heading into the final year of a contract with last month's second-round draft choice, Terry Pierce, now backing him up on the Broncos' depth chart, Wilson believes his time in Denver is winding down at a time the new season is winding up.

On a minicamp weekend when the Clinton Portis contract with three years remaining on it dominated the headlines, the more pressing contract situation involved Wilson. As he sat in the linebackers' meeting room during a break from a three-day minicamp that concludes today, Wilson was asked whether he sees his future in Denver or some other NFL city.

"Possibly being somewhere else, just being honest," Wilson said. "I have to be honest with myself and you. I can't lie. It's a possibility that I may not be around here after this season. I don't know why I say that, but I do. I'm very realistic. It's very possible."

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡