PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills have signed a vet QB?

Mahdi
03-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Now that we have so much talent and expectations in our WR corps, a solid OL, 2 monster RBs and surely to get a receiving TE in the draft, should the Bills have and should they now sign a vet QB in case Trent can't handle things next season? If so, who?

mybills
03-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Fitzpatrick isn't a vet? :scratch:

Jan Reimers
03-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Now that we have so much talent and expectations in our WR corps, a solid OL, 2 monster RBs and surely to get a receiving TE in the draft, should the Bills have and should they now sign a vet QB in case Trent can't handle things next season? If so, who?
I don't think the OL is that solid. Hangartner is unproven at center, and we have no experienced LG. I think we should concentrate our offensive focus on the interior of the line, plus TE.

Mahdi
03-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Fitzpatrick isn't a vet? :scratch:
He has less starting experience than Trent so I dont think he qualifies as a vet.

Im thinking Leftwich or Boller. Boller IMO has a ton of untapped talent. When he actually started playing well they brought in McNair and never gave him another shot.

TacklingDummy
03-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Sign Losman. Just imagine what he could do with all these weapons.

Ron Burgundy
03-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Boller's one claim to fame is that he can throw a football through the goalposts from 50 yards out, from his knees. Bypass.

I do think we should have signed a more experienced guy than Ryan Fitzpatrick to back up Trent. I'd rather have a Garcia or Leftwich. The older guys would know their role and be prepared when called upon.

I also think the likelihood of Trent getting hurt is high unless we do something to shore up a very average offensive line. A receiving tight end would help...give him a reliable outlet, and Edwards will take it.

HHURRICANE
03-08-2009, 09:29 AM
Has anyone actally watched fitzparick play?

He's actually a very good backup and a great game day planner.

Mahdi
03-08-2009, 09:32 AM

Yeah I've seen him play and he is very Trent Edwards like. Safe, conservative, accurate, inconsistent.

My thought is that it might have been better to have someone who has seen everything and has the arm strength to take advantage of our playmakers.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 11:23 AM

I watched him a couple times last year and he looked like a rookie, but had a lot of potential. I'm fine with him as our backup.

topher180
03-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I watched him a couple times last year and he looked like a rookie, but had a lot of potential. I'm fine with him as our backup.

The only problem being, Trent will most likely miss AT LEAST a few ball games this year. There's no proof, from college or his short NFL career, that he won't.

TigerJ
03-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick has adequate experience IMO.

justasportsfan
03-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Sign Losman. Just imagine what he could do with all these weapons.yup but that ship has sailed.

the TO acquisition means nothing unless Trent gets his head straight and stays healthy. I have zero faith in Fitz. Would've rather kept JP and see what he could do with both TO and Lee.

acehole
03-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I like fitz as a journy man...but he is a question mark as is Trent.

Dare I gay I mean say Jeff Garcia as more of a plan B the fits is an "A"#2.

venis2k1
03-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I'd rather have a Garcia or Leftwich. The older guys would know their role and be prepared when called upon.

1. Garcia and TO?? Thats got good idea written all over it.
2. Wasnt Garcia the guy that threw a hissy fit when he found out he had to compete for the starting QB job last year in tampa? Sounds like a guy that knows his role.
3. IF leftwich finds himself in a position where he is not gonna have a chance to compete for a starting job, he will resign in pitt.

Typ0
03-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Yes.

Ron Burgundy
03-08-2009, 12:38 PM
1. Garcia and TO?? Thats got good idea written all over it.
2. Wasnt Garcia the guy that threw a hissy fit when he found out he had to compete for the starting QB job last year in tampa? Sounds like a guy that knows his role.
3. IF leftwich finds himself in a position where he is not gonna have a chance to compete for a starting job, he will resign in pitt.
1) Yeah, I forgot about the TO thing. I'm still sort of in shock.
2) Yup, you're right, that was last year. I'd imagine he knows he's a backup now.
3) He's got a better shot at starting here, but I don't know Leftwich's mindset as well as you do.

I don't hate the Fitz signing, but I'd rather have Trent learning from a dude that he, y'know, might actually get some good experience and a push from. Fitz has a better shot at learning from Edwards than the other way around.

justasportsfan
03-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Fitz has a better shot at learning from Edwards than the other way around.
:up: