PDA

View Full Version : If you are Rex Ryan/Billicheat/Parcells

Don't Panic
03-08-2009, 09:18 AM
What do you think about this move? Is seeing TO in a Bills uniform a blessing or a headache. In the end, do you consider the Bills more difficult to deal with now, or did they just guarantee that you'll have two wins next season. Answer this question (for them) and you'll know whether what we did yesterday was a stroke of genius or a colossal mistake (although I think we all know it will be somewhere in between).

If I am them, I am thinking... "Damn. They just became a lot harder to defend. And what if he keeps his mouth relatively shut and goes out and just plays football? They may be a force to be reckoned with."

Patti120
03-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Blitz TE and knock him the F out is what I'm thinking if I'm other teams, especially with an unproven center and no LG at this point.

X-Era
03-08-2009, 09:24 AM
What do you think about this move? Is seeing TO in a Bills uniform a blessing or a headache. In the end, do you consider the Bills more difficult to deal with now, or did they just guarantee that you'll have two wins next season. Answer this question (for them) and you'll know whether what we did yesterday was a stroke of genius or a colossal mistake (although I think we all know it will be somewhere in between).

If I am them, I am thinking... "Damn. They just became a lot harder to defend. And what if he keeps his mouth relatively shut and goes out and just plays football? They may be a force to be reckoned with."

This is without a doubt my favorite part of this move.

None of our division foes has an all world secondary. If anything I think our secondary is as good or maybe just a bit better than any of theirs. I think it may be likely that some or even all of these teams will have to add additional elements to their team to try to be able to stop us now. At the very least, these teams must now account for everyone (well, Im assuming we also add a pass threat TE). Thats a very good thing.

No, NE may enjoy the thought of us having to deal with TO... But they are scared at the thought of how they will have to deal with him and us on the field.

I think all those teams will now take us much much more seriously.

X-Era
03-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Blitz TE and knock him the F out is what I'm thinking if I'm other teams, especially with an unproven center and no LG at this point.

Were not done yet folks!!!

Im pretty sure that when TC starts we will be actually better at LG... its just my gut, but I really feel that way.

first&goal
03-08-2009, 10:03 AM
TO is a good thing for Buffalo, I don't see any risk considering that is only one year deal, right now the pressure is on Trent shoulders, he needs to be able to get the ball to TO...or he will get mad.
Being I Dolphins fan having TO in our Division is a good thing, because he will give more exposure to a already strong division.
Good luck for next season......personally I'm not worry facing TO twice a year.

Historian
03-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Im glad we got him as opposed to the Jets or Fish.

billogic99
03-08-2009, 10:16 AM
All I can say is Trent better grow a pair, cause he's gonna need them.

Don't Panic
03-08-2009, 11:30 AM

That's another way to look at it... had the Fish or Jets snagged him, would we be more happy or scared?

TigerJ
03-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Game planning for the Bills with TO is more of a challlenge than game planning for the Bills w/o TO. That's all will concern any Bills opponent this season.

justasportsfan
03-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Puhlease. All the teams have to do is get to our qb and TO is useless. TO doesn't make the calls and I'm not sure if Turk knows how to handle the 3-4.

Mike13
03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
On paper TO and Evans make a formidable combo, in reality TO is on the wrong side of 30, had he is always tops when it comes to drops, on top of that he's a head case.

This is either going to bite you guys in the ass big time or its going to help you.

The Fish were never interested to begin with, and signing someone for the purpose of keeping another team from getting said player is moronic.

I dont think this would change Miami's plans, we need another CB since they released Goodman, and we still do.

OpIv37
03-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I think they're reaction is "looks like we'll have to start game-planning for the Bills now."

TO is the first Bills player since Spikes that will actually force opposing teams to adjust to him.

justasportsfan
03-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I think they're reaction is "looks like we'll have to start game-planning for the Bills now."

TO is the first Bills player since Spikes that will actually force opposing teams to adjust to him.
the gameplan hasn't changed. Get to the qb. It worked vs. the Pats who has a better qb than the bills .

Buddo
03-08-2009, 12:29 PM
If the Bills do manage to sort out the O-Line, there should then be a lot of trouble ahead for opposing teams. If they don't, then getting to the QB is still the way to go. The price of decent corners just went up in the AFC East though - and I'm not too impressed with what is in the draft this year in the way of corners.
Get a good guard, and there are distinct possibilities.