PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Roscoe.

HHURRICANE
03-08-2009, 09:31 AM
I think he just became trade bait for sure now.

ddaryl
03-08-2009, 09:37 AM
could be... but we definitley need to pick up players to fill in the rest of our gaps, and this is going to cost us a player of consequence or draftpicks, or both to achieve.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Definite trade bait. Maybe this will be the bargaining chip to get Waters or another LG.

Jan Reimers
03-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Maybe not. We now have the luxury, at least with our receiving corps, of keeping a part-time, potentially big play receiver and punt returner. But if he has enough value to trade for a guy who can fill a critical gap, why not?

mybills
03-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

acehole
03-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I think he just became trade bait for sure now.

I think he more important then ever...he can now be matched with the 3 or 4th corner and get open...it is too bad we have a system that cant/wont get him the deep ball.

FlyingDutchman
03-08-2009, 09:58 AM
why trade the most dynamic punt returner in the game? especially on a team that hangs their hat on special teams

clumping platelets
03-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Bills already paid his roster bonus not going anywhere

DMBcrew36
03-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Bills already paid his roster bonus not going anywhere

There is the voice of reason. The man has already been paid and he's also our best special teamer.

trapezeus
03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
plus i can't see another team taking his contract for just returning punts.

clumping platelets
03-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Parrish's contract is not bad

BILLSROCK1212
03-08-2009, 10:28 AM
he became expendable but i dont wanna see him go cas he's going to be able to make so many more plays this season

patmoran2006
03-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Unless he can be a bargaining chip to land them a player they really covet, like a LG or TE; I don't see him going anywhere.

Like Clump said, he was paid a roster bonus. But we'll see. HE's one of the first things I thought of when we signed T.O.

Historian
03-08-2009, 10:31 AM
It's that number 11....

don137
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM
I would not trade Parrish just to unload a WR. He has value. I think he has the most value and is expendable. I don't think the Bills would any more than a third or fourth rounder with fourth rounder being the most realistic.

acehole
03-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Unless he can be a bargaining chip to land them a player they really covet, like a LG or TE; I don't see him going anywhere.

Like Clump said, he was paid a roster bonus. But we'll see. HE's one of the first things I thought of when we signed T.O.

Package him and Mgcee for Owen Daniles...

clumping platelets
03-08-2009, 10:50 AM
He's a weapon on PR's and fill in on KR's as well...........well worth the $$$. No need to expose McKelvin further, he's a starting CB now. It's the OC's responsibility to find ways of using him on offense.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 10:50 AM
The bigger key is.....

:bigwave: Justin Jenkins

Raptor
03-08-2009, 11:00 AM
RS isnt going anywhere, to much of a weapon as a PR

ghz in pittsburgh
03-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Any talk of trading Roscoe is on drugs.

If you ask opposing teams who scares them the most. Roscoe is #1, as in punt return. I do suspect, however, that McKelvin is going to unseat him this year (potential INT returns and kickoff returns). You never get rid off your #1 weapon.

DynaPaul
03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
I'd think Josh Reed is more expendable than Roscoe Parrish is.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I think he is worth the roster spot just to be the Punt Returner... he is electric and changes field position and games for us...

Michael82
03-08-2009, 12:16 PM
The more I think about it and after hearing Rosenhaus chat about the two WRs in Buffalo (Evans and Parrish). I don't see them trading him. They may shop Josh Reed, but will most likely just cut Justin Jenkins.

soapman
03-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I hope not. After a few years of hating him, I think he's the most reliable receiver that we have. I can see him in a wes welker type role in the 4-wide. JH will take the biggest back seat most likely bcus RP flat out makes plays and catches the ball well.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-08-2009, 12:25 PM

At this point, no one. The top 3 wide outs are Evans, Owen, and Reed. And all 3 are perfect for their roles, I might add. Evans is a top flight home run threat. Owen is strong and savvy, with close to #1 speed. Reed is at his best position finding seams and soft coverage.

To expand on that, when we go 4 wide, Parrish will be a perfect X factor as the 4th receiver out there with unmatched quickness and moves for the opposing 4th cover guy.

Even at 5 wide set, Johnson, from what I've seen last year, is very good at one-move-and-open kind of route runner, facing the 5th coverage guy.

As I said before, adding TO makes the whole receiver corp in perfect position. I don't think we should get rid of any.

I did not mention Hardy there. But he and Johnson are Bills hope for the eventual #2 receiver and I doubt they will trade either one away. TO is on a one year deal and he's 35/36.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Actually, the WR move will be to put James Hardy on the PUP list.

cordog
03-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Actually, the WR move will be to put James Hardy on the PUP list.

Your right. Most likely he will start the season on the PUP list. The only other move would be to cut Jenkins before the season and thats depending on if they go into the season with 5 or 6 WRs. Roscoe is NOT going anywhere. He is arguably the best punt returner on the field and if the Bills would try to get the ball in his hands on end arounds, reverses or quick slants, you would see his value as a WR. It will be sick this year watching the bills go 4 wide with TO, Evans, Reed, and Roscoe. DCs are going to have to pick their poison.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Your right. Most likely he will start the season on the PUP list. The only other move would be to cut Jenkins before the season and thats depending on if they go into the season with 5 or 6 WRs. Roscoe is NOT going anywhere. He is arguably the best punt returner on the field and if the Bills would try to get the ball in his hands on end arounds, reverses or quick slants, you would see his value as a WR. It will be sick this year watching the bills go 4 wide with TO, Evans, Reed, and Roscoe. DCs are going to have to pick their poison.
They better definitely fix the OL if they are going to go 4-Wide! :scared:

cordog
03-08-2009, 01:45 PM
They better definitely fix the OL if they are going to go 4-Wide! :scared:

Absoluetly. A Guard was #1 on my list before we signed TO. They need to get that filled ASAP. I dont like the idea of Kirk Chambers or a rookie. If you want to draft someone to develop thats fine, but not to start. Kirk Chambers is more valuable as a reserve, Peters has missed time due to injury each of the last 2 years.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Absoluetly. A Guard was #1 on my list before we signed TO. They need to get that filled ASAP. I dont like the idea of Kirk Chambers or a rookie. If you want to draft someone to develop thats fine, but not to start. Kirk Chambers is more valuable as a reserve, Peters has missed time due to injury each of the last 2 years.
Good post! Oh and one more thing....lock up Peters NOW!!!

yordad
03-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree with Mikey, Jenkins is gone. Just like Aiken, he can be replaced. Parrish is the best punt returner in the league. They want Parrish.

Mr. Pink
03-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Trade Scoe and a 5th to KC for Waters.

They enjoyed Dante Hall, they can find his replacement now.

psubills62
03-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I think he more important then ever...he can now be matched with the 3 or 4th corner and get open...it is too bad we have a system that cant/wont get him the deep ball.

He's been matched with those guys for years now, and hasn't gotten open. Parrish should be gone. He can easily be replaced in this year's draft with a late-round WR. And we've got a lot of guys who can return punts.

psubills62
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Any talk of trading Roscoe is on drugs.

If you ask opposing teams who scares them the most. Roscoe is #1, as in punt return. I do suspect, however, that McKelvin is going to unseat him this year (potential INT returns and kickoff returns). You never get rid off your #1 weapon.

Haha, you must be kidding right? Punt returns are last on an opposing team's list of "fears." How many punt returns in a game are there? Three or four at the very most? McKelvin can easily step in and take over.

Parrish is FAR from our #1 weapon. I'd rather have a decent WR than a terrible WR who is great at punt returns. We have plenty of guys who can return punts very well. We don't have that many guys who are very good WR's.

Oaf
03-09-2009, 05:00 AM
They don't need 'Scoe when they have Avery.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-09-2009, 05:24 AM
Roscoe could be trade bait if the right offer came along, but I think that they would like to try using him more at the # 4 WR spot in the slot (him next to TO, Reed inside of Evans would pose real problems for defenses).

Also, Bobby April came up with a very ingenious way to keep opposing teams from kicking the ball short on KOs last season the way they had started to do a lot against the Bills the previous year: he had McKelvin deep, but F.Jackson and Parrish on either side, flanking him, in the area where teams would have to kick the ball on a short kick.

Where previously teams were kicking to a TE, like Royal, or FB, like Shelton, last year it was a case of either kicking to McKelvin deep or risking that Parrish or Jackson would get the ball at the 30 and take it out from there. Both Freddy and Roscoe each had returns out to near midfield when the opposition tried kicking short and, if you noticed, most stopped trying to do that after that.

I don't know if it is Roscoe or the design of the passing game that's at fault for him not being more of a factor on offense (they keep throwing him that "bubble screen" and two yard naked flare--I can't understand why they can't use him like the Pats use Welker to work the seams of the zone behind Evans), but Parrish has value not just as a PR, but also on KRs and offense, so I'd hate to see him go, but, even if the PUP list Hardy, there's still going to be a numbers crunch at WR because Jenkins is one of their gunners on punt and kick coverage and he's very good.

streetkings01
03-09-2009, 07:04 AM
I think he more important then ever...he can now be matched with the 3 or 4th corner and get open...it is too bad we have a system that cant/wont get him the deep ball.He was always matched with the 3rd or 4th corner......

2005 - Moulds, Evans, Reed....Parrish matched up with 3rd or 4th CB
2006 - Evans, Price, Reed...Parrish matched up with 3rd or 4th CB
2007 - Evans, Reed....Parrish matched up with 3rd CB
2008 - Evans, Reed, Hardy...Parrish matched up with 3rd or 4th CB

He just sucks as a WR no matter who he's matched up with.