PDA

View Full Version : Kelsay's comment on TO

ghz in pittsburgh
03-08-2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/600632.html

Almost everyone else said elated, Wow or to that effect. Kelsay's more on a surprised as he thought the Bills have more pressing needs.

He's probably a bona fide Levy type of good guy as in high moral standard, hard working, big effort overchiever.

SABuffalo786
03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
More like high moral standard, hard working mediocre non-factor.

justasportsfan
03-08-2009, 12:01 PM
He's a defensive player. Kelsay is right . TO does not fill the holes on the defensive side of the ball specifically the hole in Kelsay's position.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Kelsay is just mad cuz his ass is going to get cut or benched when Orakpo or Maybin come into town

Devin
03-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Or you know....hes right.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Or you know....hes right.

Haha I really think he is just bitter because he is as good as gone

Mad Bomber
03-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Kelsay is absolutely right. We DO have more pressing needs...like a DE to replace him.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Kelsay wants the help on the defensive side. But he needs to realize that the help will be to replace him. :doh:

Philagape
Kelsay's more on a surprised as he thought the Bills have more pressing needs.

Yeah, like replacing him.

Bmax
Kelsey a hard working good guy who can't make any plays ...Why is he on this roster still ? The bills should have shown him the door with Dockery and Royal.

Keep Denney for less and let this guy go back to Nebraska and farm the land...Thanks but to pay this guy six million dollars is nuts.

See ya

Bmax

Michael82
03-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Kelsay is absolutely right. We DO have more pressing needs...like a DE to replace him.
:rofl: EXACTLY!

BillsWin
03-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Im more interested in Evans and Trent's words about a wide reciever than a defensive end who will most likely be replaced in the draft. Just my opinion.

Philagape
03-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks but to pay this guy six million dollars is nuts.

At least TO has earned his money.

DynaPaul
03-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Kelsay is right but once he starts playing like a real DE I'll start listening to him. As others have said, Kelsay himself is a pressing need to be replaced.

OpIv37
03-08-2009, 12:15 PM

lmao- I was just about to say the same thing. Kelsay should STFU if he knows what's good for him, because right now the Bills' most pressing need is his replacement.

To a certain point, I do agree. While WR is a hole, it's not as important as DE, LB, LG/C, especially since we have Hardy and Johnson as up-and-comers who may be able to fill the void at WR. But at the same time, who was available at those other positions that the Bills actually could have obtained?

BAM
03-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Kelsay can't touch what T.O. has done in this league. Nor will he ever come close.

realdealryan
03-08-2009, 12:34 PM
The only reason cited for Kelsay sticking around or really deserving his pay is that he is a leader and a positive influence in the locker room.

Brandon totally sidestepped that aspect and said something about a focus on results and production. How the **** hasn't Kelsay been cut yet?

Michael82
03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
The only reason cited for Kelsay sticking around or really deserving his pay is that he is a leader and a positive influence in the locker room.

Brandon totally sidestepped that aspect and said something about a focus on results and production. How the **** hasn't Kelsay been cut yet?
I'm betting that Kelsay will be a camp cut after we draft a DE in the 1st round.

nateodoms'bff
03-08-2009, 12:47 PM
What I like the most is the subtext. Every single player referred to Owens as the COMPLIMENT to Evans, and not as the main target. It's obvious that Owens' reputation as a locker room cancer was addressed, and is being neutralized. He is not here to be the focus (although he will be), he is here to HELP make this team better, which he already has done.

The Bills have done it again. They get me every single season.

DMBcrew36
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Kelsay's lucky we haven't been able to find his replacement, yet. Kelsay, Schobel, and Denney need to get their overrated whiteboy asses out of here while we pick up some real DE's.

Michael82
03-08-2009, 12:56 PM

That's why Russ Brandon is the GM. He's a marketing GENIUS!

Lexwhat
03-08-2009, 12:57 PM
lmao- I was just about to say the same thing. Kelsay should STFU if he knows what's good for him, because right now the Bills' most pressing need is his replacement.

Agreed 100%.

To a certain point, I do agree. While WR is a hole, it's not as important as DE, LB, LG/C, especially since we have Hardy and Johnson as up-and-comers who may be able to fill the void at WR. But at the same time, who was available at those other positions that the Bills actually could have obtained?

I think it all comes down to what's available in FA. Finding a capable starter in FA without breaking the bank is very difficult. Signing TO was a shrewd move, because there's no one we could draft that could perform like TO this season.

The only *starting* LBs in FA worth a damn were Jonathan Vilma and Bart Scott, and both got a ton of money. Good DEs are almost never available in FA anyways. The Draft is always the place to find DEs!

This draft needs to focus heavily on D-Line and O-Line in the early rounds. We need starters there (I like Orakpo a lot). I think we could sign a stopgap LB in FA this year and draft one in the early rounds next year.

I think I am one of the few here who oppose signing Kendall Simmons (unless he's cheap) or trading for Brian Waters (unless it's for a 4th rounder or less). This team needs to actually start DRAFTING some O-Linemen instead of always looking at FAs or Trades.

The Bills should learn something from the Dockery experiement about overpaying for O-Linemen.

CAbills
03-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Kelsay is lucky he didn't get the Dockery treatment.

alohabillsfan
03-08-2009, 01:17 PM
hell, I bet TO could get more sacks at DE than Chris freaking Kelsay...

Michael82
03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
hell, I bet TO could get more sacks at DE than Chris freaking Kelsay...
:lmao:

TacklingDummy
03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Kelsay is absolutely right. We DO have more pressing needs...like a DE to replace him.:clap:

Oaf
03-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I think your hate for Kelsay is coming out strong here. I had no problem with Kelsay's comment.

Saratoga Slim
03-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I think your hate for Kelsay is coming out strong here. I had no problem with Kelsay's comment.

I agree - he just said he was surprised, and then continued with nice things to say.

Mr. Pink
03-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Kelsay is just upset because now we have someone who isn't afraid to be a locker room presence and call him out for being a turd.

Mski
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
part of the good news about TO... is if this team doesnt improve on 7-9, he will help destory the coaching staff and front office

LVGrown
03-08-2009, 04:00 PM

:goodpost::gobills:

im chillin in the same boat as you.

tat2dmike77
03-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Kelsay is just mad cuz his ass is going to get cut or benched when Orakpo or Maybin come into town

:highfive:

Mudflap1
03-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Kelsay didn't realize the Bills needed another playmaker on offense? That figures.