PDA

View Full Version : 'TO & Bills' is akin to 'Moss & Pats'

Lexwhat
03-08-2009, 02:06 PM
And no, I'm not saying we're going to go 16-0.

This move will have as much of a transforming effect as it did to the Patriots when Moss joined them.

I rarely make predictions and I'm usually negative about this team, but this one I feel strongly about. The primary reason our offense has been so poor is because we have no WR threat opposite Lee. Teams would just double Lee and then stack the line. TO will completely alter the dynamics of this offense as long as Trent stays healthy.

Will challenge / wager with anyone who disagrees with me.

YardRat
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Moss and Owens on the same field as least twice this season is going to be priceless.

The national media is going to eat this **** up.

yordad
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
The Pats had better coaching. Ours will likely screw this up. But, I tried making this argument last night over some celebratory beverages.

Oh yeah, they had Tom Brady too.

Mr. Cynical
03-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Moss and Owens on the same field as least twice this season is going to be priceless.

The national media is going to eat this **** up.

That much is 100% true.

justasportsfan
03-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I'll wager we don't make AFC championship.

Mr. Cynical
03-08-2009, 02:18 PM
The Pats had better coaching. Ours will likely screw this up. But, I tried making this argument last night over some celebratory beverages.

Oh yeah, they had Tom Brady too.
This much is also 100% true.

Mr. Cynical
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
And no, I'm not saying we're going to go 16-0.

This move will have as much of a transforming effect as it did to the Patriots when Moss joined them.

I rarely make predictions and I'm usually negative about this team, but this one I feel strongly about. The primary reason our offense has been so poor is because we have no WR threat opposite Lee. Teams would just double Lee and then stack the line. TO will completely alter the dynamics of this offense as long as Trent stays healthy.

Will challenge / wager with anyone who disagrees with me.

Moss went to a perennial winner in big market.

T.O. is going to a perennial loser in a small market.

I think it is apples and oranges.

Mike13
03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah because the Bills are just as talented as the Pats.

DMBcrew36
03-08-2009, 02:25 PM

I agree. No one should compare us to the Patriots.

The Bills suck, and until proven otherwise, still suck. Get us 2 new BEAST defensive ends and I'll start getting excited.

ddaryl
03-08-2009, 02:25 PM
we have a lot more work to be done before the Bills deserved to be compared to the Pats...

I'm excited because we do have TO but we are desperate for upgrades at LG, TE, DE, OLB...

Lexwhat
03-08-2009, 02:26 PM

I meant it in terms of each player having a significant "transformative effect" on his respective team.

The degree to which Moss altered the Patriots offense will be similar to what Owens will do here.

Lexwhat
03-08-2009, 02:28 PM
we have a lot more work to be done before the Bills deserved to be compared to the Pats...

I'm excited because we do have TO but we are desperate for upgrades at LG, TE, DE, OLB...

I think I wasn't being clear.

I'm NOT comparing our skill level to the Pats at all. The Patriots are still the superior team and have a much better offense. Please see my post above.

yordad
03-08-2009, 02:29 PM
What the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I edited my post (#3). I added "Oh yeah, they had Tom Brady too."

Then, as you can see it was quoted in post 6.

Now my Edit is gone, but my post still says it is edited.

:wtf:

Lexwhat
03-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I'll wager we don't make AFC championship.

I don't think we'll make the AFC Championship either.

But I'll say that we will make the playoffs. Still want to wager? And what do I have to do if I lose?