PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts needed! Who fills these holes?

jpdex12
03-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Besides dick filling a hole...

add yuor thoughts as to who and where we should fill our remaining holes on this team up to this point in FA.

Offense

Guard/Center-Simmons at guard(FA)?/Draft using a high pick on a guard/center (Mack/Unger/Luigs/Shipley/Caldwell/Wood)
Don't forget, we need a starting Guard and a back up guard/center. No more Preston or Whittle.

I say sign Simmons and draft a center that can play guard and swing positions for us. Draft one of those guys above in round three that is capable of playing quickly if Simmons goes down.

TE-No one good left in FA unless we trade for Scheffler. Draft Pettigrew/Nelson/Cook/Ingram in round two.

I say, if we can't trade Roscoe for Scheffler or trade a fourth round pick for Scheffler then draft the best of the TE's above in round two.

RB-Veteran experience only. Looks like Foster is the only one left unless James is released by the Cards. Foster will cost less and may only be needed for four games due to a suspension for Lynch.

I say, sign Foster even though James would help us more in the absence of Lynch.

Defense

OLB-We already have Bowen as a draft pick to rely on. Cato June and Freddy Keiaho are obvious players to sign. Peterson would work well if his injuries are behind him but age is not. He could swing between MLB and OLB.

I say sign June.

DT-Is McCargo able to show he has what it takes? Doubtful. We need at least a veteran presence to fill the rotation. The draft is wek at DT. OBD hasn't brought any FA DT's in but there are a few left.

I say, while we're signing risky players (TO) go sign Tank Johnson.

DE-Absolutely no FA DE's out there. Draft only!

I say, if Orakpo is there at #11...pull the trigger. Otherwise it's either Brown or Maybin in round one. If OBD is worried that Orakpo won't be there at #11, then trade Schobel to the Browns and draft him in their pick. While it gets Schobel off our payroll it evens out with a salary in a higher draft pick and we get our man Orakpo for at least 4 years. Schobel is running on empty anyway.

CB-Even though we have Florence, draft a later round CB like Reggie Corner for depth.

I say, draft a second day CB.

Safety-FA Resign Wilson to keep our rotation of safeties available. Otherwise draft a second day pick for depth.

I say, resign Wilson.

Let's hear your opinions.

Mitchell55
03-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Anyone not listed is cut

Sign- Mike Peterson/June/Keiho (I think they are all equal), either Simmons or Bentley (depending on if Hangartner is a better C or G), Deshaun Foster, and Seth Wand G

Trade- 2010 5th round pick and Parrish for 3rd (Greg Lewis is worth a 5th and he only had 19 catches, also to sweeten it up I used a 6th round pick, seems fair)

Reason for letting Parrish go- 1, to many WRs, 2, has not lived up to what he is, 3, we have McKelvin and TO for our big play WR and PR.

Note- at week 6, if TO has around 4 TDs and 350-450 yds, resign him for 2-3 years.

Draft with options

1st- Trade down to 19 and get a 2nd. Everette and Orakpo are gone
1st (19)- Michael Johnson/Maybin/English DE- I wouldnt mind any of them here.
2nd- Chase Coffeman/Cook- I have Cook as the player to get between both if both gets to us
2nd- Clint Sintim OLB/DE- 256 and 11 sacks would play DE in buffalo. He is also the BPA at this spot
3rd- Jarron Gilbert DT- Will bolster up our DL tramendously.
3rd- Michael Hamlin S- playmaker with 6 INTs, this is the type of guy we need.
4th- Louis Vasquez G- Like alot of people, im not to sure with butler, but im hopefull. If Butler or Simmons or Hangartner does bad, we need a solid replacement.
5th- Graham Harrell QB- Hamdan to the PS and Harrell filling the 3rd QB spot.
6th- Quinn Johnson FB- I have us releasing C-Mac and Johnson filling the FB duties.
7th- Spencer Atkins LB- Depth

Depth Chart

QB- Ed, Fitz, Harrell
RB- Lynch, Jackson, Foster- Omon PS
FB- Johnson
WR- Evans, Owens, Reed, Johnson, Hardy- WOW
TE- Coffeman/Cook, Fine, Schouman
LT- Peters, Bell
LG- Simmons/Hangartner, Vasquez
C- Bentley/Hangartner, Preston (Im not sure if we already RS him but we should)
RG- Butler, Wand
RT- Walker, Chambers
LE- Maybin/English/Johnson, Sintim,
RE- Schobel, Ellis, Denney
LB- Mitchell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- June/Keiho/Peterson, Sitim
CB- McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Youboty, Corner
S- Whitner, Hamlin, Wendling
S- Scott, Ko, Wilson
K- Lindell
P- Moorman
LS- Niel

QB- C+
RB- A+
WR- A
TE- could be B if they have a Carlson like season
OL- B-A
DL- could be a A if the DEs do well
LB- B+
CB- B
S- B
ST- A
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

venis2k1
03-08-2009, 02:40 PM
ahh...the madden generation.

Mitchell55
03-08-2009, 02:46 PM
ahh...the madden generation.

No, the madden generation would be the people who thought we would sign TO. Oh wait

ct bills fan
03-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Isn't Holliday still out that at DE? He's not bad, certainly better than Kelsay. L Smith is still out there at TE. Very injury prone, but, excellent receiving TE when healthy. L. Bentley available cheap, was excellent before the injury and worth the risk. I'd sign Simmons if he passed the physical and resign Preston for depth. Any of the LB's we brought in will do and are better than Eliison (I honestly don't know which ones is the best fit). I'm noty overly concerned with a #3 rb.

DrGraves
03-08-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't think you can really consider our running game A+ considering our running game sucked last year...