PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Exclusive: T.O. in B-Lo

shelby
03-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Enjoy!

It's 3rd and 8 at the Bills' 41 yard line, and they are down by 3. There is :45 seconds on the clock. <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:city> gets the team to the line of scrimmage. The Dolphins are on the other side of the ball; you can see Porter looking to blitz. HIKE! The ball snaps, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Trent</st1:city></st1:place> drops back and rolls to his right, pumps once, and lets it go DEEP! T.O. makes a double move and gets separation...... TOUCHDOWN!!!!! A 59 yard touchdown play from Trent Edwards to Terrell Owens!!!

The best thing about that paragraph is that it can become reality for Bills fans now! That can (and probably will) happen on Sundays for Buffalo Bills fans across the nation to see. After yesterday, the disbelief has worn off, and I have realized that yes, in fact, T.O. is a Buffalo Bill. I've gotten my thoughts together, and I am putting this article together for all of you. Let me touch on the reasons why T.O. can be so valuable for the Bills, and the reasons why a 1 year deal was the best way to go.

The number one reason in my mind why T.O. is a perfect fit for the Bills has more to do with fans and the economy than it does football. The fans of Buffalo deserve this. They deserve to be rewarded for spending their hard earned money by watching one of the greatest playmakers the NFL has ever seen, week in and week out. They deserve the chance to spend the rest of this off season going into work a little happier. Bills fans deserve to get into conversations with their friends and relatives, and when they hear about the other teams in the NFL, they can say "my buffalo Bills are trying to win, we got T.O. this year". With the economy being what it is over the past year, it hasn't been any easier for people in Buffalo to buy tickets, let alone season tickets. A move like this makes it little easier for them to part with that money.

My second reason is football related, and is as simple as it gets. If your team has two legitimate number 1 receivers on it, how do you double cover both guys? YOU DON'T! That will make for some exciting football in Buffalo this year. No more double teaming or rolling coverages over onto Evans. No sir, not this season. If teams decide to roll coverage or put a double team onto either receiver, in the AFC east division that really lacks a dominant caliber corner, one of the Bills' number one receivers will burn their defense for 6 points. This move will not only allow T.O. to show that he can still play, but it will also allow Evans to blossom, and show all the massive potential that every Bills fan knows he has.

This move will also help Trent Edwards become a better quarterback. Trent will have the privilege of throwing to one of the best playmakers the NFL has to offer, and he will be able to throw more often to Evans, who will be open more. This will only make Trent Edwards a better QB, and make reading defenses a bit easier, as well.

The last reason I think that this is a great move is because of the Buffalo Bill's running game. Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson will have the luxury of running through defenses without having them stack the box with defenders on every running situation. The defenses the Bills face will always have to respect Evans and T.O., knowing that, at any given moment, a huge play could happen.

more... (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2009/03/08/t_o_in_blo.php)

Mitchell55
03-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Awesome, just awesome.

ddaryl
03-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Trent gets the team to the line of scrimmage. The Dolphins are on the other side of the ball; you can see Porter looking to blitz. HIKE! The ball snaps, <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:PLACE w:st="on"><ST1:CITY w:st="on">Trent</ST1:CITY></ST1:PLACE> drops back and rolls to his right, pumps once, and lets it go DEEP! T.O. makes a double move and gets separation...... TOUCHDOWN!!!!! A 59 yard touchdown play from Trent Edwards to Terrell Owens!!!

So we have a TD from TE to TO

sounds good to me

jimbohastle51
03-08-2009, 03:07 PM
thanks guys, i am very glad you enjoyed the piece!

Michael82
03-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Very good article! :up: