PDA

View Full Version : Reward Outweighs Risk With T.O.

patmoran2006
03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
http://buf.scout.com/2/845413.html

My piece on Terrell Owens, and I haven't made any secrets that I love the move.

cocamide
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Great article. I couldn't agree more.

What do the Bills have to lose?

patmoran2006
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks.
You have to be a lunatic or a closet Bills hater to not think this moves helps the football team, in more ways than one.

If we were a stable franchis that's always in the playoffs, such as an Indy or Pittsburgh I could see it being met with such skepticism.

But what does this team have to lose. I don't care if TO becomes the worst teammate in NFL history.. I will applaud Ralph for this move if no other reason than he's at least ATTEMPTING to win.

Night Train
03-08-2009, 04:52 PM
I can't stand the guy and even I can see that. Red zone threat and the quick slant. Huge move and 1 year equals no risk, even if he blows up.

patmoran2006
03-08-2009, 04:53 PM
I can't stand the guy and even I can see that. Red zone threat and the quick slant. Huge move and 1 year equals no risk, even if he blows up.
Well said.

SquishDaFish
03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Exactly and the 1 year deal in his mind is to show that he can be a good soldier and be a benefit to a team. And that can only be good for Buffalo

TigerJ
03-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I agree that the rewards outweigh risk on a one year deal. If the Bills had signed him to a three year deal, I would have started to feel as if it was pretty risky, and I would have hated a 5 year deal. I think in that case Buffalo would have had to end up doing a "Dallas" and cutting him, consequently being saddled with a big dead cap hit.

Saratoga Slim
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Good article Pat.

I think he's going to be allright in the lockerroom etc. One year contract helps in that regard. Also, the fact that he's going from one celebrity athlete in a city full of them to being the biggest show in Buffalo might assure that he gets the attention his personality requires without having to resort to antics.

The above notwithstanding, I think we're all doing a lot of rationalization now--the truth is he will probably stay true to form and be at least somewhat of a pain in the ass. Listening to his presser, you don't get the feeling that HE thinks he needs to do any personality modification--he's under the impression that he's the fall guy in Dallas and that his teammates loved him. That doesn't bode well.

That said, I think the caption of your article is dead on -- the potential reward here far outweighs the risk, both from a football and a business perspective. I'm totally warmed up to this now.

B-DON
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Great piece pat. Totally agree with you on all fronts.

Historian
03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Well done Pat!

WeAreArthurMoates
03-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Great article Pat, couldn't have said it any better my self. Never in a million years did I consider T.O. would be a Bill. If the deal was for 3 years I would of been skeptical but the 1 year deal sold me. Owens will use us to get a bigger contract and hopefully we use him to get to the promise land.