• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Reward Outweighs Risk With T.O.

Stay up to date with all the Buffalo Bills football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com

My piece on Terrell Owens, and I haven't made any secrets that I love the move.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • cocamide
    • Oct 2006

Re: Reward Outweighs Risk With T.O.

Great article. I couldn't agree more.

What do the Bills have to lose?

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Thanks.
      You have to be a lunatic or a closet Bills hater to not think this moves helps the football team, in more ways than one.

If we were a stable franchis that's always in the playoffs, such as an Indy or Pittsburgh I could see it being met with such skepticism.

But what does this team have to lose. I don't care if TO becomes the worst teammate in NFL history.. I will applaud Ralph for this move if no other reason than he's at least ATTEMPTING to win.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I can't stand the guy and even I can see that. Red zone threat and the quick slant. Huge move and 1 year equals no risk, even if he blows up.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
          I can't stand the guy and even I can see that. Red zone threat and the quick slant. Huge move and 1 year equals no risk, even if he blows up.
          Well said.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

Exactly and the 1 year deal in his mind is to show that he can be a good soldier and be a benefit to a team. And that can only be good for Buffalo

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I agree that the rewards outweigh risk on a one year deal. If the Bills had signed him to a three year deal, I would have started to feel as if it was pretty risky, and I would have hated a 5 year deal. I think in that case Buffalo would have had to end up doing a "Dallas" and cutting him, consequently being saddled with a big dead cap hit.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

Good article Pat.

I think he's going to be allright in the lockerroom etc. One year contract helps in that regard. Also, the fact that he's going from one celebrity athlete in a city full of them to being the biggest show in Buffalo might assure that he gets the attention his personality requires without having to resort to antics.

The above notwithstanding, I think we're all doing a lot of rationalization now--the truth is he will probably stay true to form and be at least somewhat of a pain in the ass. Listening to his presser, you don't get the feeling that HE thinks he needs to do any personality modification--he's under the impression that he's the fall guy in Dallas and that his teammates loved him. That doesn't bode well.

That said, I think the caption of your article is dead on -- the potential reward here far outweighs the risk, both from a football and a business perspective. I'm totally warmed up to this now.
                Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 03-08-2009, 05:27 PM.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• B-DON
                  hi
                  • Mar 2004

Great piece pat. Totally agree with you on all fronts.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Well done Pat!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

Great article Pat, couldn't have said it any better my self. Never in a million years did I consider T.O. would be a Bill. If the deal was for 3 years I would of been skeptical but the 1 year deal sold me. Owens will use us to get a bigger contract and hopefully we use him to get to the promise land.

Comment

Working...
                      X