• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

If the Bills signed...

Simmons to be our new guard, June or Freddy to be the linebacker and called it a free agency, would you be happy with that?

Would that be enough to hold us over untill the draft?

I would call it a success, but then again Im still not sold on Hangnarter. He's growing on me, but I'm nervous about the nose tackles he will face.

I think those moves would shore up spots and set us up for a good draft.

Is it a playoff free agency? time will tell, but we need a gaurd and a starting calibur linebacker and I'd just be happy if we could sign those spots up quick.

What do you guys think our next move is?

My vote is for a Peters negotiated contract, then a line backer, then a gaurd.
    I am The Batman.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: If the Bills signed...

Yes I would be happy

Comment

• Lexwhat
      • Feb 2005

We need to sign O-Line depth and a temporary (1-2 year) starter at LB. We MUST also lock up Jason Peters before the draft starts.

We could grab a Guard/Center in FA, but I would prefer to draft one in Round 2 of this year's draft instead.

Then I would be satisfied.

(It wouldn't hurt to cut Chris Kelsey either).

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
        • Feb 2009

I don't want even want Simmons, I just want June. I really want to draft a LG with the 2nd pick. Andy Levitre, Duke Robinson, Herman Johnson, Kraig Ubrick would be huge upgrades over Dockery. If not them we can take Mack and Wood which both can play guard or challenge Hangartner.

Comment

• Bone
          Bone
          • Oct 2006

1. June or Peterson
          2. Waters
          3. Brian Orakpo
          4. Cook from south carolina
          BILLIEVE

Comment

• ct bills fan
            • Jul 2002

Need depth at 0-line though. SImmons, if healthy, would be an excellent choice. WOuldn't mind resigning Preston for depth - he can back up all 3 interior positions. I wou;dn't mind signing a safety too, if there's anybody left out there??

Comment

• Mitchell55
              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
              • Feb 2008

Yes but we still need depth. Just sign June and Simmons and possibly Bentley and then get some players that we have never heard of and im fine.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2005

keiaho isnt a real big upgrade over ellison. i wouldnt mind waters and june or peterson or simmons and june or peterson, but i want june the most. i would be happy with either simmons or june.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                  only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                  keiaho isnt a real big upgrade over ellison. i wouldnt mind waters and june or peterson or simmons and june or peterson, but i want june the most. i would be happy with either simmons or june.

Keiaho had the most tackles out of all of them. 100+. Stat wise, hes the best.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                    Keiaho had the most tackles out of all of them. 100+. Stat wise, hes the best.
                    he had ZERO passes defensed ZERO sacks and ZERO INT's as a cover 2 LB and he only had 105 tackles. ellison had around 75 tackles. is 25-30 tackles really that much better that you would pay more than ellison is getting?? or would you rather bring in a guy who when he last played the linebacker position we need which is the opposite he has been playing in tampa he was a pro bowler and averaged over 100 tackles? i think it is a pretty easy answer and that is why they didnt sign keiaho already. and remember the colts have managed to extend every player they wanted and stay under the cap, do you really think a 1 million dollar tender would to keiaho would have stopped him from signing him if they really wanted him? NO. they let him go because just like ellison when he is a UFA he will be gone because they are expendable. June would still be in tampa if they wouldnt have switched defenses from the cover 2.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

The Bills need to sign a veteran backup running back, average veteran starting LB, and a LG. Of course I would want to see Brian Waters, but that may only be a pipe dream. Simmons would be okay. I would prefer not to draft a LG high, and save that for a pass rusher, TE, and best player available.

Jon

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                        The Bills need to sign a veteran backup running back, average veteran starting LB, and a LG. Of course I would want to see Brian Waters, but that may only be a pipe dream. Simmons would be okay. I would prefer not to draft a LG high, and save that for a pass rusher, TE, and best player available.

Jon
                        i think your going to see deshaun foster sign by mid week. he has already been in for a visit and they missed out on kevin jones so he is the other targeted guy, i am sure they'll wrap him up at an affordable rate.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

The thing about Simmons is IF he was healthy someone would of signed him by now...

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                            i think your going to see deshaun foster sign by mid week. he has already been in for a visit and they missed out on kevin jones so he is the other targeted guy, i am sure they'll wrap him up at an affordable rate.
                            You are probably right, or someone similar. And I'm fine with that. As long as Lynch doesn't screw up anymore.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                              • Sep 2002

Yes, to the initial query.

Comment

Working...
                              X