PDA

View Full Version : Trent is becoming a leader...

soapman
03-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/8346), the quarterback of the Bills. "T.O.'' That's all it said.
Brandon shot back with this: "?''
"T.O. was released. Go get him,'' Edwards texted back.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/08/offseason/index.html

Romes
03-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Sounds like Trent was drunk texting late on a Thursday night...

Seriously though, thats pretty awesome and it gives me confidence that Trent will be able to deal with TO's ego for at least this year.

Static
03-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Wow if texting is all it takes to be a leader, then the guy sitting next to me in the office will be the next Montana.

Chewytie
03-09-2009, 08:51 AM
I think that TE being ballsy (or stupid) enough to text the bills CO about this is very admirable, it says to me that Trent is comfortable with his position and is willing to test his bounds.

topher180
03-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Sounds like Trent was drunk texting late on a Thursday night...

Seriously though, thats pretty awesome and it gives me confidence that Trent will be able to deal with TO's ego for at least this year.

LOL! Is drunk texting the new drunk dialing? Thank goodness I put down the bottle. It is a good sign from Trent. If it blows up in the FO's face at least Trent won't be able to say "see, I told you so". Not sure about DJ being the "right coach" for TO though.

Great read, thanks for the post.

topher180
03-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Wow if texting is all it takes to be a leader, then the guy sitting next to me in the office will be the next Montana.

2 points!!! I think we all can relate to knowing "that guy".

Chewytie
03-09-2009, 09:01 AM
LOL! Is drunk texting the new drunk dialing? Thank goodness I put down the bottle. It is a good sign from Trent. If it blows up in the FO's face at least Trent won't be able to say "see, I told you so". Not sure about DJ being the "right coach" for TO though.

Great read, thanks for the post.

I don't know, I think DJ is a good fit. it seems TO thrives on retaliation and DJ is not that kind of coach, he will tell you what he wants and expects you to do it. I think TO admires something like that. IMO.

soapman
03-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I don't know, I think DJ is a good fit. it seems TO thrives on retaliation and DJ is not that kind of coach, he will tell you what he wants and expects you to do it. I think TO admires something like that. IMO.

Ask Crowell if DJ isn't the retaliation type.

Chewytie
03-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Ask Crowell if DJ isn't the retaliation type.
If something escalates I would expect retaliation from A nun, much less an NFL coach. Good point though, That totally bypassed me.

HHURRICANE
03-09-2009, 09:19 AM
I think that TE being ballsy (or stupid) enough to text the bills CO about this is very admirable, it says to me that Trent is comfortable with his position and is willing to test his bounds.

Love your post.

I find it funny that others would rather criticize him. For what? trying to improve the team?

Obviously Trent isn't worried about making good throws to him.

soapman
03-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Love your post.

I find it funny that others would rather criticize him. For what? trying to improve the team?

Obviously Trent isn't worried about making good throws to him.

My thought exactly. He's pushing the club to make the team better. He was courting Coles and he may very well may have open turned the light on the franchise that got them to go out and get T.O.

justasportsfan
03-09-2009, 09:39 AM
he's as much of a leader as Whitner and Kelsay. I hope they become leaders on the field by performance.

Chewytie
03-09-2009, 09:43 AM
he's as much of a leader as Whitner and Kelsay. I hope they become leaders on the field by performance.
You mean Whitner and Babin:pray:

madness
03-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Great story. This is exactly what I expect from a starting QB.

Michael82
03-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I love this! It's nice to have a QB who didn't just welcome the addition of Terrell Owens, he helped initiate the signing! If he said, T.O....hell no! They wouldn't have signed him, but he gave the green light and knows how T.O. usually is with the QBs, but he welcomed it with open arms. :bf1:

ghz in pittsburgh
03-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Did Reed texted to TE "what about me?"

LifetimeBillsFan
03-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Did Reed texted to TE "what about me?"

Josh has been Edwards' "go-to-guy" on third downs for the last two years and TE will still "show him some love" in those situations, especially now that Reed will finally be able to go back to playing in the position where he can be most effective.

DrGraves
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
TRENT IS THE MAN!

justasportsfan
03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Josh has been Edwards' "go-to-guy" on third downs for the last two years and TE will still "show him some love" in those situations, especially now that Reed will finally be able to go back to playing in the position where he can be most effective.
Word! TO just gives Trent another option but doesn't mean he won't be reaching for his security blanket ,Josh.

DrGraves
03-09-2009, 01:31 PM
If we can protect Trent somehow... he is going to look like Joe Montana being able to fling the ball around to T.O. and Lee

madness
03-09-2009, 01:32 PM
If we can protect Trent somehow... he is going to look like Joe Montana being able to fling the ball around to T.O. and Lee

Too bad that is a BIG if at this point.

mybills
03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Let's hope he can lead on the field.

SabreEleven
03-09-2009, 01:45 PM

You sit next to Joe Montana?

yordad
03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Bills chief operating office Russ Brandon woke up sometime after midnight Friday morning and noticed there was a text message on his cell phone. So he reached over and looked. It was from Trent Edwards (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/8346), the quarterback of the Bills. "T.O.'' That's all it said.
Brandon shot back with this: "?''
"T.O. was released. Go get him,'' Edwards texted back.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/08/offseason/index.htmlWHy did you misquote the article? TE's original text was longer then that.