PDA

View Full Version : Ok what about OLB, TE, DE, and Guard

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 08:40 AM
:idunno:

jimbohastle51
03-09-2009, 09:27 AM
i think june or peterson will be brought in by the end of the week for our LB position. TE and DE are obviously going to be solved high in the draft and its really the best way to go because there is no available free agents at either position worth spending money on compare to what we could get in the draft. now guard, if we dont trade of waters, simmons is our guy, he hasnt signed with another team and hasnt been on any other visits and we went as far as to give him a physical when he was here. he is a risk high reward guy and will come cheap since he is coming off of injury and can compete with chambers. also i wouldnt be surprisd if we did trade for waters that we still signed a guy like simmons just so we are not thin on the line like we were last year. we will take a interior lineman somewhere in the draft as well, this is such a deep class at Center we can actually get a really good center in the 4th round this year.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-09-2009, 09:55 AM
What if we were to draft DE at 11 then trade back into the first for Pettigrew? What do people think of that?

madness
03-09-2009, 10:16 AM
What if we were to draft DE at 11 then trade back into the first for Pettigrew? What do people think of that?

No thank you. Given our history of trading back into the first, one or both will be a bust.

mysticsoto
03-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Pettigrew is not worth trading back for. Jared Cook or Shawn Nelson might be good additions that we should have a shot at in the 2nd and possibly 3rd...

patmoran2006
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I think the Bills had a plan of LB, G, 3rd RB, Backup QB, C and WR via free agency,and I think they're going to stick to it.

madness
03-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I think the Bills had a plan of LB, G, 3rd RB, Backup QB, C and WR via free agency,and I think they're going to stick to it.

And the pattern of their visiting FA's pretty much confirms that.

Buddo
03-09-2009, 05:22 PM

In which case we are only half-way done. ;)
Peterson is visiting elsewhere according to PFT, and 'couldn't agree terms' with the Bills. I think it's unlikely he will sign with us now.
June or Keiaho are the most likely guys we will get tbh, and Keiaho is probably favourite due to price and age.
There are still any number of vet. RBs out there, and I wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't try and bring someone else in. Jones may have been a really good signing if he was back fully fit, and it's no real surprise that they tried quite hard to get him. Depending on what sort of money they are after, I now get the feeling that they may look to an older vet ( like Taylor was), who can still be productive for a few carries down the road, while helping shoulder the load with Jackson when Lynch inevitably serves a suspension. Maybe a guy like Warrick Dunn for example.
Guard is now the #1 'need' as far as I'm concerned. (I actually think they will sign another LB fairly soon, as I think they've mostly done their 'looking').
Simmons could well be someone they actually have said that they are interested in, but can't realistically do anything about, until he's actually 100% fit. It might be that they have told him they will make him an offer, as soon as that is the case. Another guy who could be good if actually back 100% is Bentley. The problem there I think, is that the guy isn't going to be taking a 'suck it and see' deal, and his previous injury history has to be a serious concern. Waters could be a great move, but we aren't going to hear much more about that (unless Pat gets more info from his 'sources'), until it either happens or doesn't. I'm not too sure who else is out there who actually is that good tbh.

THATHURMANATOR
03-12-2009, 07:41 AM
PAT HELLLLLLOOOOO?

Oh HH no one was talking about the other needs though.... :shakeno:

Night Train
03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
It's our obvious needs and we must just wait and see. 5-6 weeks until the draft but we need depth, in addition to starters.

DBrown77
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Hmm.... i could see the following:

OLB - Ellison
TE- Fine
DE - Kelsey
Guard - Chambers<!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->

ServoBillieves
03-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Hmm.... i could see the following:

OLB - Ellison
TE- Fine
DE - Kelsey
Guard - Chambers<!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->

*sigh*...

I think Ellison is a fantastic coverage LB and should be in on most 3rd/2nd and long situations.

Kelsay... well I'd rather see Ryan Denney.

Guard, wouldn't mind Chambers actually until we can mold a new guy in to the role

TE: I've said it a thousand times. We have two GREAT 2nd tight ends in a 2 tight end spread. That's the draft need I say we need the most, but definitley not Pettigrew in round one unless it's a trade back.

Now back to the real world...

OLB, I agree that we see Cato coming in a few days and that means case closed for LB'ers

DE, if Denney stays healthy I honestly believe we'll do better than last year. Also, send Poz and Kawika on those jailbreak's and let Schobel wreak some havoc. Freshen up Ellis and get a good guy in the draft.

TE is a second or third round snag

LG is the opposite of whatever we go TE wise.

I like my draft below vvv

The Jokeman
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM
What DE are you proposing we select at pick 11? I admit Everette Brown is intriguing but still has some big time question marks for pick #11. All things considered I'd prefer we trade down Peria Jerry, as not sold on Kyle Williams as a starting DT and while agree we need help at pass rush think Jerry might be the 2nd best pass rushing D-lineman behind Orakpo (as starting to agree with Draftboy that the top pass rushers in the draft look more like OLBs then D-lineman) also admit I like Jared Cook better as think Pettigrew is more of a blocking first TE.

jpdex12
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Who the hell is Brandon Maybin? good god...