• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Let's not half ass this....

So the Bills made the unprecedented move for Terrell Owens which makes this offense a force without question. The Bills are now face to face with a choice... and this will speak volumes to fans.

Is this TO move... one to sell tickets? or one to make this team legit? The next move will tell that story.

We have all discussed it, this team needs a legitimate threat at TE, some have talked about addressing it in the draft some have mentioned Owen Daniels... but at some point we have all talked about the move and its importance. The Bills need to acquire a TE who can contribute in Week 1, and based on history the NFL draft is not going to be the place to do that. So unless Derek Fine has shown enough to be the man, we need to actively Pursue a TE. At almost any cost... look at Gonzalez look at Daniels but dont half ass this.

Signing TO is making a commitment... to either winning or fooling the fans into filling the seats. We have been through the ladder too many times...

Come on Ralph don't half ass this.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let's not half ass this....

This might not be the popular opinion, but getting Owens should solve a lot of problems on the offensive side of the ball. We needed another receiving target, whether it be at the TE position or at WR...well, they got a good one in T.O. In my opinion, that makes getting a TE a little less important...for this year at least. That being said, I believe they should wait until the draft to get a TE and they should be able to get a good one.

They should get a LB in here and a RB via FA...DE can easily be addressed with the #11 pick.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

I just think about the way TE utilized Reed underneath last year. And what a legitimate TE can do for that short game. TO opens up the passing game no question, but Trent is more of a Matt Hasselbeck type QB and cant just be airing it out and going deep all game.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Well...I don't want to say it was a stunt but...

After Channel 2 did a piece on the signing yesterday morning, the girl finished it by saying:

"...and the Bills will have extra staff on at the ticket office, which opens today at 9am for the expected rush."

BWAHAHA!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
          So the Bills made the unprecedented move for Terrell Owens which makes this offense a force without question. The Bills are now face to face with a choice... and this will speak volumes to fans.

Is this TO move... one to sell tickets? or one to make this team legit? The next move will tell that story.

We have all discussed it, this team needs a legitimate threat at TE, some have talked about addressing it in the draft some have mentioned Owen Daniels... but at some point we have all talked about the move and its importance. The Bills need to acquire a TE who can contribute in Week 1, and based on history the NFL draft is not going to be the place to do that. So unless Derek Fine has shown enough to be the man, we need to actively Pursue a TE. At almost any cost... look at Gonzalez look at Daniels but dont half ass this.

Signing TO is making a commitment... to either winning or fooling the fans into filling the seats. We have been through the ladder too many times...

Come on Ralph don't half ass this.
          The only way I could see us "half ass" this is if we spent the rest of what we could spend.

But since we were looking at Coles and he would have been about as much, I cant think we dont have more money to spend.

No, I think we still will make moves that will help us.

I honestly see a new LG thats as good or better than Dockery. And no, its not Chambers. I think its Simmons, Waters, or maybe Bentley. I dont think we try to draft a guy.

I think it will be Simmons, but that it may not come until we can see him tryout during OTA's.

At TE, I could see the Daniels trade or even Gonzo, but I think we are more likely to draft a guy. Cook, Ingram, Nelson, Beckum all can stretch the field and add a receiving threat. Pettigrew and Coffman are no slouches but do more with brute strength vs. getting open.

At LB, I can see Peterson, Kieaho, or June... I think we will sign someone before we look to the draft. Outside of Curry, theres a big drop-off at OLB. Next your looking at Cushing, and McKenzie both can play but neither gets me that excited. Besides, I think the Bills want someone with experience. I think we sign someone.
          Last edited by X-Era; 03-09-2009, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

there are way too many great receiving options at tight end in the draft to waste a 1st and 3rd on daniels.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
              there are way too many great receiving options at tight end in the draft to waste a 1st and 3rd on daniels.
              An team that spends anything more than a 2 is NUTS!!!

Comment

• Chewytie
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tatonka
                There are enough TE's in the draft we could still take a DE at 11 and have decent choices R2.
                /Pensive

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Like I heard on the radio. TO can be compared to redbull. It'll get you going for some time but you'll eventually crash.

It was a desperate move by both Dick and Ralphy who went against their own beliefs.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
                    The story has already been told. Trent is a texting genius. If he doesn't make it as a QB, we should put him in the FO.

Last edited by madness; 03-09-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Like I heard on the radio. TO can be compared to redbull. It'll get you going for some time but you'll eventually crash.

It was a desperate move by both Dick and Ralphy who went against their own beliefs.
                      Lucky its a team sport... so its not TO's job to carry the team. All he needs to do is play his game.
                      It was all

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

And it was the right move...both marketing and on the football field. It's a one year deal...if it works, great...if it doesn't, so what...it made Buffalo relevant again. Excellent move by this organization.

Comment

• Mski
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Historian
                          Well...I don't want to say it was a stunt but...

After Channel 2 did a piece on the signing yesterday morning, the girl finished it by saying:

"...and the Bills will have extra staff on at the ticket office, which opens today at 9am for the expected rush."

BWAHAHA!!!
                          exactly why it is nothing more then a stunt to sell more tickets.... and im sure its working, heck even i'm thinking about buying season tix again.... does it make the team better? yes! does Brandon know anything about football? no... Does he know how to sell out games? yes!
                          RIP Tommy D!
                          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                            And it was the right move...both marketing and on the football field. It's a one year deal...if it works, great...if it doesn't, so what...it made Buffalo relevant again. Excellent move by this organization.
                            what made it right is that it's just a 1 year deal.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Are you their personal and spiritual advisor?

Comment

Working...
                              X