PDA

View Full Version : A few things to think about

X-Era
03-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Did we all forget:

1) The term "bickering Bills"?

2) Tasker (edited, I thought it was Reed) gets an unsportsmanlike penalty for pushing a ref in his last game as a Bill. He was ejected from his last game.

3) Kelly blows us off after we drafted him and goes to the USFL for 2 years because we stunk so bad

4) Bruce whines every year about his contract and skips training camp

5) Kelly tells Paul McGuire on sportsline 2 years after hes out of the NFL that hes still better than 80% of the starters in the league

I dont see that we havent had prima-donnas or guys who argue, or do stupid things before here in Buffalo.

Jimmy Johnson says he would draft Hitler if he could play football (stupid and wrong), but would you rather have 53 Mother Theresa's that cant play a lick?

Chewytie
03-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Good post. I agree and I think the only difference with TO is he is coming in with a good mindset and so are the bills (FO, players, pretty much everyone in the org.) The only people that seem to have a problem are fans and sports writers.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Exchange Reed with Tasker I believe in #2.

X-Era
03-09-2009, 09:26 AM

Hmmmm, gonna have to digg, I really thought it was Reed.

X-Era
03-09-2009, 09:28 AM
OK, so it was Tasker who pushed the ref, but heres a comment about Reeds last days:

In 1999 it was apparent that Andre Reed's great athletic talents were losing a battle to father time, 15 seasons had taken its toll. He was phased out of the starting line-up by rookie Peerless Price. Still he caught 52 passes, sharing an NFL record with Jerry Rice for most 50 plus receptions in a season with 13, but his yardege total was only 536 yards, with one TD, the lowest of his career. He complained openly and didn't take his diminished roll well. Before the Bills met the Tennessee Titans in a playoff game, Andre Reed wrote in his web site that he was finished with the Bills. He blasted his coach, his quarterback and the Bills organization as a whole. After the season was done, Andre Reed's words rang true, as he was released by the Bills.

http://www.geocities.com/bflobuzrd_2000/reed.html

The point still holds.

X-Era
03-09-2009, 09:32 AM
BTW, it was Tasker, heres the link:

http://davebyers.net/ybills005.html

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2009, 09:34 AM
You are right.