PDA

View Full Version : DOLPHINS NEWS OF THE DAY 5/13

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-13-2003, 12:36 AM
Two weeks after seizing the spotlight on draft day, agent/publicity magnet Drew Rosenhaus has created a stir at Dolphins camp by predicting a quarterback change.

The Dolphins weren't thrilled when Rosenhaus -- who represents 11 Miami players -- used his weekly forum on Channel 7 last Sunday to say Brian Griese will replace Jay Fiedler as starting quarterback by midseason.

Griese is expected to join Miami after his release by Denver in June, but coach Dave Wannstedt insists Fiedler will start.

''Does it bother me? Yes . . . when something is said that's untrue and nonfactual,'' Wannstedt said. ``Our players pay no attention because they know Drew. But if a true Dolphins fan is listening, they're the ones I feel bad for because this is supposed to be professional sports-media reporting.

``That's not sports reporting. Let's be honest. That's Entertainment Tonight. I hope our players and fans consider the source whenever anything is said by him on that station. It's comical.''

Rosenhaus notes he correctly predicted Edgerrin James and Willis McGahee would be the first running backs selected in their drafts.

''This is just my opinion, not anything anybody told me,'' Rosenhaus said. ``Jay is a good player, but Brian is not coming here to be a backup. Brian is too good to keep on the bench.''

Brian Levy, Fiedler's agent, said he and Fiedler aren't upset.

''He got a lot of publicity out of it,'' Levy said of Rosenhaus. ``Unless it comes from a [Dolphins official], I don't care

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/5835596.htm

Gunzlingr
05-13-2003, 08:23 AM
PLEASE POST DOLPHINS NEWS HERE!

Gunzlingr
05-13-2003, 08:24 AM
The Dolphins are poised to add another player with Pro Bowl pedigree to their defense today, as New Orleans safety Sammy Knight is expected to sign a free-agent contract.

Knight canceled a visit to Green Bay on Monday and headed to South Florida, where he met Monday night with team officials.

"Things are going really well," said Steve Coric, who works in the office of Knight agent Gary Uberstine. "We hope to get something done in the next day or two."

Knight, 27, started the past six seasons for the Saints, making the Pro Bowl in 2001. He would immediately challenge strong safety Arturo Freeman or free safety Brock Marion for a starting spot in the lineup.

MORE (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolphins13may13,0,4462211.story?coll=sfla%2Dsports%2Dfront)