PDA

View Full Version : Those of us who bought stock in Trent Edwards are about to get RICH!

The Juice Is Loose
03-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I have believed in Trent since the Pats game when he first played.

Honestly, people have their knocks on him, arm strength and foul weather play being probably the main two.

Here is something nobody can argue with: his intelligence.

When Losman was on the field, you got the impression he had no idea what to do. He looked lost. He looked confused. He looked emotional.

Trent looks poised, confident, and calm.

This guy is the real deal. I am willing to say that barring a health issue, Trent could be a pro bowl caliber quarterback this year.

TO is the king of the short pass. Dude can take a 1yd hitch and turn it into a 60yd TD. Lee over the top? Lynch out of the backfield? Roscoe and Josh are sure to be completely over looked, and be the beneficiaries of soft coverage. (Teams are going to have to cover Roscoe Parrish with their 4th or 5th best coverage guy)

If I keep talking about this, I'm gonna have to change my pants. God forbid we add a tight end.

From here on out, I'd get a guard and then commit to the defense. I'd trade Kelsay and a 3rd for Waters. Or something like that. And then I'd go defense with the 1st and 2nd round picks.

More than anything I think TO is going to bring some attitude and confidence to this team. Probably the 2 things they needed most.

T-Long
03-09-2009, 11:38 AM
well said

ddaryl
03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
ya don't have to convince me... I'm on the Trent bandwagon and still see plenty to believe he is going to be a solid NFL QB pro for years to come...

Lets just fix the LG postion on the OL

BAM
03-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I love the optimism. I was beginning to cross the line into the depths of the pessimists but this signing immediately regenerated my excitement. I can't wait.

Historian
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
The Historian bought an Edwards jersey just last week.

I believe in him!

Chewytie
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Trent is definitley an improvement over any QB in the last few years. and I like him, he can carry us a long way.

Mahdi
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I have believed in Trent since the Pats game when he first played.

Honestly, people have their knocks on him, arm strength and foul weather play being probably the main two.

Here is something nobody can argue with: his intelligence.

When Losman was on the field, you got the impression he had no idea what to do. He looked lost. He looked confused. He looked emotional.

Trent looks poised, confident, and calm.

This guy is the real deal. I am willing to say that barring a health issue, Trent could be a pro bowl caliber quarterback this year.

TO is the king of the short pass. Dude can take a 1yd hitch and turn it into a 60yd TD. Lee over the top? Lynch out of the backfield? Roscoe and Josh are sure to be completely over looked, and be the beneficiaries of soft coverage. (Teams are going to have to cover Roscoe Parrish with their 4th or 5th best coverage guy)

If I keep talking about this, I'm gonna have to change my pants. God forbid we add a tight end.

From here on out, I'd get a guard and then commit to the defense. I'd trade Kelsay and a 3rd for Waters. Or something like that. And then I'd go defense with the 1st and 2nd round picks.

More than anything I think TO is going to bring some attitude and confidence to this team. Probably the 2 things they needed most.
Kelsay is about as useful to a 3-4 defense as a vasectomy is to a monk.

Chewytie
03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Kelsay is about as useful to a 3-4 defense as a vasectomy is to a monk.
HA! sac-religious!