• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

What if....?

And T.O. plays a major role in that and doesn't create any problems...would the brass try to sign him again?

Discuss!
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: What if....?

Of course they would. Moot point.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I think they would. But he has to produce and not cause ANY problems. but to be honest, I think that hes just a one year catalyst to push this team to the next level and allow Hardy to heal and learn.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

If T.O. somehow gets this team into the playoffs... he will be a hot commodity throughout the league and will take off to a destination where he can get $$$ and a ring.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

of cource they will. if he is playing in the NFL after this season its will the Bills. all 32 teams could have had him after a 69 catch over 1000 yard 10TD season and NO ONE really wanted him but us. if we finish with a winning record and TO does his thing than yes, we will franchise him or resign him but we wont let the massive revenue leave buffalo thats for sure. do you think the bills want to loose this exposure, ticket sales? HECK NO. if he performs and we are at least 9-7 TO will be back for round 2, buffalo cannot afford to let any of this new revenue go away, they have to keep it going as long as it isnt hurting the team (he isnt disruptive) and we are winning.

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

If TO ends up benefiting our team, he could be tagged for around $9-10M next season. Unless he really doesn't want to play in Buffalo, I have a hard time believing he would be upset about that kind of money.

From an OBD standpoint, that kind of money for him might be in their best interest if we make the playoffs this season. If the recipe for success is working, you stick with it as long as possible.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

I don't think so. TO is going to be perfect here because after this season he'll have one last big payday. I hope we don't get sucked into it.

I'm looking at this as one awesome year--but one year only.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TonyBlack
                • Feb 2009

if we go to the playoffs, hell yea, if we dont, then bye bye.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

There is ZERO chance of that happening.

If he plays well enough to get the Bills into the playoffs, he'll walk for a big contract elsewhere. Paying him with his age and reputation will be a HUGE risk- the kind Buffalo will never take.

If the Bills don't make the playoffs, he'll have his typical attitude problem and won't be welcome back.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• B-DON
                    hi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    There is ZERO chance of that happening.

If he plays well enough to get the Bills into the playoffs, he'll walk for a big contract elsewhere. Paying him with his age and reputation will be a HUGE risk- the kind Buffalo will never take.

If the Bills don't make the playoffs, he'll have his typical attitude problem and won't be welcome back.
                    Unless Owens has a franchise tag clause in his contract, it's really not up to him if he wants to leave next year

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
                      Unless Owens has a franchise tag clause in his contract, it's really not up to him if he wants to leave next year
                      The Bills won't re-sign him. If they franchise him, it will just be to leverage his value for a trade with some other team that wants him.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

The Bills won't re-sign him. If they franchise him, it will just be to leverage his value for a trade with some other team that wants him.

That could happen too. I was just referring to you saying the bills will let him walk. either way if we resign or trade for a pick its a win win

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

not true, if the bills like the exposure and the added revenue stream they might just go ahead and franchise him for one more season if he has a T.O. normal season and we have a winning record at the end ot the season. the stupid thing to do would be to take a team that was 7-9 for 3 straight seasons before he gets here and lets say we go 9-7 or 10-6 and make the playoffs it would be crazy to take the 1piece that got use there and then just let him walk away and assume that we can just keep getting there without him. that wont happen bro. if he generates a extra prime time game or 2 which he will (at least one against moss and the pats, and one against the dolphins and his rival parcells) and his jersey sales fly up to top 10 in the league and our season tickets are considerably higher there is no way the bills say well it was a good one year, knowing they can stop him from walking and let him go. they will franchise him (and he will smile ear to ear to get 9 million for one more season guaranteed) and do it again for another year, but i dont ever under any circumstances see it lasting more than 2 seasons. after 2 seasons he will be 37 years old, there is no way they will make that investment at that age, plus after 2 years his newness will wear off. but if our team sniffs the playoffs T.O. will be a Bill again.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

remember the hard part was getting him here, keeping him is easy if you dont mind paying.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

If I were TO I'd leave too.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X