X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Community Service

TO signing with Buffalo is one year of self-imposed community service. He knows he has burned too many bridges so what better way to help himself than to go to a very irrelevant team such as Buffalo and put them on the map. He knows the media spotlight won't be as intense and he can quietly come here and have a good year to line himself up for one more big payday. Buffalo is a team that he would have the best chance of putting over the top with what he has to offer and he also knew that they were looking for a starting NO 2 receiver. TO is a smart business man. If things would have been better for him there is no way in hell he probably would have even acknowledged Buffalo. So fine, he can use us and we'll use him.
    Last edited by mchurchfie; 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Community Service

That would be the sensible approach for T.O. to take. The question is whether or not he has the self control to make it work when things aren't going his way.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

thing is no team will buy it. EVERY NFL team knows him and his game. his "big payday" is with buffalo if we put together a winning season. i dont think there is another team after this year that wants him. he was good last year and no one wanted him. he is banking on him and lee evans being a great tandem and us going to the playoffs and the bills franchising him for one year or the bills offering him another 1 year 6.5 to 7 million deal to stay in buffalo with a playoff caliber team for another year. that is what he is banking on. he will be 36 there is no other team. he has to put up and show the bills he and lee can get it done then he can get one more big 1 year maybe 2 year payday from the bills. the cowboys are not taking him back, the eagles dont want him at all! the redskins are no better than us, the pats have randy moss already, miami has the parcells regime and they wont touch him, KC has todd haley and thats a big NO, sean payton want as far as to publicly critisize his hands, i can keep going.... we are his last stop guys. its just a matter of is it going to be a one year or 2. ya he probably could have went to the raiders but seriously, he not only wouldnt even get 40 catches there (there leader in catches had maybe 30 tops) but he wouldnt get a sniff of the playoffs and would be with for sure retired after 1 season. he hasnt been a class guy like galloway. half the reason joey galloway is around isnt just cause of his ability, its cause he is a class guy all the way around, a good teammante and a good teacher to younger guys. T.O. knows if he puts up and the bills make the playoffs the bills will franchise him or pay him and he will have gotten 2 years and no less than 13 million guaranteed, as well as a chance at possibly a couple last playoff apperances, and he will have went out on a playoff team and people will say "hey he wasnt that bad with the bills". that my friends is his best case scenario.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Oh make no mistake youre 100% right church. TO or his agent could give a rip about this city or its team. Merely a stepping stone for him.

My biggest concern is since this is a one year deal, and TO is for all intensive purposes a merc this FO has to make it count. We absolutely need to trade for a TE or a LG. Because otherwise we are a 5-8 win team who has 2 great WR's and nothing more.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
        X