PDA

View Full Version : Players You're Interested to See?

ServoBillieves
03-10-2009, 12:09 AM
I've been mulling it over in my head for a while and was thinking about players I want to see contribute next year. Not necessarily fully but I want to see what they get done.

Alvin Bowen - In college the guy was a damn madman, he's fast, smart, and agile. Special teamer obviously, but before his injury the coaches talked him up quite a bit.

Terrell Owens - Shocker! First ballot HoF, but what has he lost? Is he still a deep threat? Or more of a possesion, make-you-miss player now? I want to see how he and Lee can seperate and destroy the double teams.

Anthony Hargrove* - Yes, yes, my name is a fan of the guy, I don't even know his status with the league right now, but if he comes back, I think he'd be a big, big asset to the RE position unless Ellis can somehow come out of the shadows and deliver.

Drayton Florence - A hot commodity out of SD, didn't do much last year. With my boy (good luck) Jabari marching south, what can he do in the nickel position? Leodis has obviously taken the #2 roll... But will Drayton even make it there? Reggie Corner made some solid plays last year. I don't recall much of his regular season play time, but from what I do remember he did fairly well.

Ryan Denney - I feel like Ryan Denney is that puzzle piece you lose when the whole thing is put together. It looks nice, but if you added it it would work really, really well. I know we all harp on Chris Kelsay, but he's the starter, and Denney's just gotta come in and force some pressure. When he does, it always puts a smile on my face. I hope for that this year.

I obviously want the entire team to succeed, but who are your eyes on?

DrGraves
03-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I really hope I never see Denney or Kelsay ever play another down in a Bills uniform. The are getting away with highway robbery considering what we pay them... they suck. We go way to often without generating a sack from the DE position, its inexcusable.

Oaf
03-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Our interest in FA LBs speaks about what we know on Bowen. Nothing.

ServoBillieves
03-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Our interest in FA LBs speaks about what we know on Bowen. Nothing.

I beg to differ, because due to losing Crow (basically) means that we need at least a STARTING LB, I've always seen Bow as a Haggan fill in, yet better. AKA one who can actually produce on the field when the starter is tired/hurt.

BuffaloRanger
03-10-2009, 03:35 AM
Youboty should challenge Florence for the nickle. Florence was awful for the Jags last season. Fans were offering to help him pack his Uhaul.

I hope they both play well. More CBs the better.

As far as DE goes, Schobels injury screwed Bills fans in one not so obvious way. If he had played the whole season likely finishing with 8 or less sacks, it would be obvious to everyone including OBD that a big upgrade was needed. One that required a move in FA or thru trade.

As it stands, the pathetic lack of QB pressure can be conveniently blamed on Schobel's injury. Drafting a situational pass rusher seems to be OBD's preferred course of action. I don't think it will be enough.

Romes
03-10-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm obviously interested to see how TO fits into the offense.

I'm interested to see a full year of Fine. With TO and Evans it could really up the middle for the sure handed TE.

Hangartner at C. If he can handle Stroud on one on one drills in TC it'll be a good indication of how he can hold up against the 3-4 NT in the division.

Not so much a person in particular but I'm interested to see the formations they can now run in the redzone with three 6'3+'' WR. How about a 3-wide redzone set of Steve Johnson, TO, and Hardy. Run a crossing pattern on one side and a fade on the other...good luck matching up with that height.

psubills62
03-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Sorry man, I really doubt Hargrove will be back this year. He's been in trouble again recently, not showing up to do community service or something like that.

As far as who I want to see:

1. McKelvin. He was really growing last year, but can he truly be that lockdown corner game in and game out?

2. Derek Fine. I'm guessing he'll be close to our starting TE this year, if not THE starting tight end. I'd like to see how he helps this offense in the running game and short passing game.

3. Chris Ellis/Copeland Bryan. People seem to keep forgetting about our new DL coach, Sanders. Sanders made Aaron Kampman into a sack machine, so I'm wondering how much he can help our DL out.

4. Edwards. He's the key to our team at this point. We rise and fall with his play, and this is the year to show that he's improving to the point that he can be our franchise QB.

methos4ever
03-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Not so much a person in particular but I'm interested to see the formations they can now run in the redzone with three 6'3+'' WR. How about a 3-wide redzone set of Steve Johnson, TO, and Hardy. Run a crossing pattern on one side and a fade on the other...good luck matching up with that height.

Don't forget the possibility of whomever we get at TE. If it's a guy like Pettigrew or Coffman, add a 6'6 Tight End to your musings and watch the opposition pray for a ladder to cover these guys!

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Hargrove is not even an upgrade over Kelsay with baggage.

Jan Reimers
03-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Some of the draft picks from last year, including Hardy, Ellis, Fine, Corner, Bowen, Johnson and Bell, as well as Poz, Simpson, Hangartner, McCargo and Fitzgerald.

TedMock
03-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Hangartner is the biggest one for me right now. He and whoever plays left guard. They are the two most important pieces to this. Watching McKelvin grow into a stud, T.O., Trent, the other obvious players, etc.

Also, Derek Fine. I am very curious to see what he turns into. He may end up being nothing more than the other TE's we have - painfully below average. I'm hoping he expands on what he showed at the end of the season. He started 5 games and had 10 grabs for 94 yards during that time. I'm not holding my breath. I'm just curious to see.

As for Bowen - Yes, I am very interested to see him play. However, as we've seen with Takeo Spikes, Julien Peterson and others, it takes more than the next season for a linebacker to reach full capacity after an ACL injury. Couple that with straight inexperience and I'd say I'm going to reserve any judgement on him in 2009 regardless of how he plays. Spikes and Peterson were written off and they were pro-bowlers pre-injury. It took a good two years for them to return to form. I'll add Bowen to my 2010 list of guys to watch.

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 08:54 AM
TKO had an achilles injury.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm interested to see if Steve Johnson can be more of a contributor on offense. And how much that contribution will be.

Can Poz step up and show why he was so hyped as "best LB ever out of Penn St."

Will Donte Whitner ever turn into a difference maker?

Who's gonna play RG?

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm interested to see if Steve Johnson can be more of a contributor on offense. And how much that contribution will be.

Yeah, the wr position is stacked all of a sudden especially when Hardy comes back .

Lee, TO, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Johnson, Jenkins.

venis2k1
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM
McCargo to become a dominant force on the inside for us.

bigbub2352
03-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I am interested in seeing
AshtonYouboty stay healthy for a season and wee why we spent a 3rd pick on him
Chris Ellis see if he was worth the 3rd pick we used on him
Spencer Johnson and see why we signed him at all
Hangartner "see above"
Derek Fine can be a legitamate TE in the NFL even as a number 2
Poz be a dominant force
Schobel to regain some of his pass rush ability
McKelvin to keep growing
Whitner to live up to his billing
Simpson to live up to his billing
McCargo to live up to his billing
Kelsay to live up to his paycheck
Denney to live up to his paycheck
Hardy to make the next step
Steve Johnson to emerge as a solid WR
Reed to score more than 1 TD in 1 season
Parrish to be more open and more invovled in the offense
if OMON is a legit number 3
if any of the practice squad players are worth a damn from last year like Vince Hall Marsuc Smith and Mike Jefferson
then there is TO.....

DraftBoy
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Omon!

TedMock
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
TKO had an achilles injury.

You're right. I think achilles was Peterson's injury as well. I am mixing up my "A's." Achilles v. ACL. Obviously different.

I've never injured either part, but it appears as if the ACL is an easier recovery. Somebody who has had the injury may be able to shed more color on it. Either way, it's not an easy recovery. I will still reserve judgement on Bowen until he's on the field with no side effects.

TedMock
03-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Hargrove is not even an upgrade over Kelsay with baggage.

I don't think Hargrove is an upgrade without the baggage. People love him because he's full of energy and he's fun, etc. I don't think he was spectacular on the field by any stretch though.

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 09:45 AM
You're right. I think achilles was Peterson's injury as well. I am mixing up my "A's." Achilles v. ACL. Obviously different.

I've never injured either part, but it appears as if the ACL is an easier recovery. Somebody who has had the injury may be able to shed more color on it. Either way, it's not an easy recovery. I will still reserve judgement on Bowen until he's on the field with no side effects.
I just tore my ACL which is why I know :wail:

OpIv37
03-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Hargrove's done as a Bill. They won't take him back after all these incidents.

I'd like to see Schobel, Poz, Ellis, Whitner and Bowen contributed. I'd also like to see Steve Johnson step up and challenge Reed for the #3.

Mitchell55
03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
1. TO
2. TE
3. Our DE in round 1
4. Our TE in round 2-3
5. Chris Ellis

cpearl
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Who is Brandon Maybin? The poster's mock draft has him as our first pick.

You mean Aaron Maybin?