PDA

View Full Version : Just listened to Trents interview on TO

X-Era
03-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Interesting!

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/bills-focus-trent-edwards-1-on-1/06a00976-d614-42b5-bc30-8bfe7e2a94e8

I'm especially interested about him saying 2 things.

1) He thinks TO will be a leader on our offense. Goes on to say that hes been in the league for many years, blah , blah. But TO a leader? I know we all talked about him getting other players fired up and how that may help. But a leader? Leaders need to be thinking about whats best for the team, not themselves. Id like to hear how you guys think that might work. Im worried because it heads down the road of ballooning TOs head.

2) Trent wants his receiver to come back into the huddle and tell him that they are open. He wants that. He thinks if your open and dont tell him, you need to find another position. So, is Trent actually asking TO to be vocal? to tell him every time hes open but didnt get the ball? Id be really interested to hear you guys comment on that.

I could see a version where TO comes in and is given a clean slate, and a chance to be the type of veteran, experienced, leader that he should have been if he hadnt screwed it up. But do we really want to give TO the keys like that? If anything, it appears Trent is running the popcorn maker.

Dujek
03-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Edwards sounds like he truly wants to get better, and realises that having a veteran receiver who will ***** him out for not getting him the ball when he's open could actually be good for his development.

It makes me wonder how good Edwards could become with decent coaches around him, because it's obvious that he wants to learn.

Romes
03-10-2009, 06:53 AM
its also obvious that he is smart enough to learning quickly. the only question is if he can translate those lessons to the field

Forward_Lateral
03-10-2009, 06:57 AM
I like it when a QB WANTS WRs to tell HIM they are open, not ***** about it to coaches on the sidelines.

I really think Trent will be a great NFL QB. I truly believe it. Buffalo is due for that kind of fate.

mybills
03-10-2009, 07:18 AM
I thought it was interesting that he acted like TO will just have to accept it if he doesn't get the ball enough.

not sure if it's the same interview I heard.

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Whats he supposed to say " If TO gets in my face I'll have Peters beat the snot out of him because I might get injured if I attempt to do it myself"?

codabills
03-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I seen the interview from NFLN last night Trent said all the right things. The one criticism that really gulls me is Trent's mental ability. To me Trent is mental strong with all the crap he went through in collage. To go through all that and still play football is mental strong.

mybills
03-10-2009, 07:43 AM
lol, Trent has the upper hand being the one who wanted him here and all. Maybe he'll just keep reminding him of it. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
03-10-2009, 07:51 AM
TE is rightfully building up all the good will he can now, in anticipation of TO's criticism of him later.

TigerJ
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
It's one thing for a receiver to come back to the huddle and tell the QB he's open. It's another thing tp cpmplain to the media that your QB and offensive coordinator are conspiring against you to keep the ball out of your hands. Let's hope TO can learn the difference.