PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo tipped their hands

ghz in pittsburgh
03-10-2009, 08:33 AM
They need an impact player at LB. Right now the only one on the pipe line is Bowen who had an ACL torn last year before he even stepped on the field.

And they are only willing to give a one year deal to Peterson.

That tells me they are going after a play maker at that position in the draft. Peterson (or whoever they are going to get at that position) is only going to be a seat warmer.

And it makes sense too. Position wise RBs can make an impact almost immediately in NFL. LBs are second.

I'm beginning to believe strongly that they are going to take a linebacker in the first round. Aside from Curry, they can pretty much have anyone at that position. They may even have the luxury to trade back to get that player.

I, like most people here, think DE is a huge need. But the reality is that it takes a couple of year for almost all rookie DE to develop. Last year the Bills drafted Ellis. So maybe they place more hope on him than we know, and maybe that's why Kelsay is still on this team.

Pinkerton Security
03-10-2009, 08:38 AM
They need an impact player at LB. Right now the only one on the pipe line is Bowen who had an ACL torn last year before he even stepped on the field.

And they are only willing to give a one year deal to Peterson.

That tells me they are going after a play maker at that position in the draft. Peterson (or whoever they are going to get at that position) is only going to be a seat warmer.

And it makes sense too. Position wise RBs can make an impact almost immediately in NFL. LBs are second.

I'm beginning to believe strongly that they are going to take a linebacker in the first round. Aside from Curry, they can pretty much have anyone at that position. They may even have the luxury to trade back to get that player.

I, like most people here, think DE is a huge need. But the reality is that it takes a couple of year for almost all rookie DE to develop. Last year the Bills drafted Ellis. So maybe they place more hope on him than we know, and maybe that's why Kelsay is still on this team.

lord, i dont care how we get to do it, but if we dont generate a pass rush of some sort this year, I'm gonna s*** a brick. I just dont see how we can ignore our main need on defense anymore. And I'm saying no, drafting a 3rd rounder in Ellis is not even close to addressing it.

ddaryl
03-10-2009, 08:39 AM
there are a few LB's that will be available at #11 that are worth looking into... There are also a few DE's that would could make decent OLB's as well...

yordad
03-10-2009, 08:54 AM
I've said it before, I think they take Cushing.

trapezeus
03-10-2009, 08:56 AM
GHZ, that's the logical explanation. but a more bills-like explanation is that they are so happy to get good press with signing TO to a one year deal that they just assume they'll get more praise for offering 1 yr contracts to more players.

ddaryl
03-10-2009, 09:08 AM
I've said it before, I think they take Cushing.

I think you have a high probability of being right

bigbub2352
03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
If we decide to take a LBer in the 1st Round we dont want combine Hero Brian Cushing, i want the guy with the slow 40 time that looks like he runs a 4.3 when he is on the feild Rey Meaguluga from USC is the guy you want anchoring our D in the middle and move Poz outside, he is an excellent Blitzer and disrupts the plays in the backfeild and hits like a freagith train
We need to get some nasty players like Mitchell on our D and someone to get Poz to the outside his natural position

WeAreArthurMoates
03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I love Cushing and think he is better than both June and Keiho. Problem is I want to use that pick on offensive line or defensive line. We need to upgrade the trenches and that's the best way to do it.

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 09:29 AM
If we decide to take a LBer in the 1st Round we dont want combine Hero Brian Cushing, i want the guy with the slow 40 time that looks like he runs a 4.3 when he is on the feild Rey Meaguluga from USC is the guy you want anchoring our D in the middle and move Poz outside, he is an excellent Blitzer and disrupts the plays in the backfeild and hits like a freagith train
We need to get some nasty players like Mitchell on our D and someone to get Poz to the outside his natural position
have we ever had a Samoan aside from Sape on the team? Will they do well in buffalo weather?

venis2k1
03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
The Problem with the cover two defense is that we only blitz LBs less than 5% of the time. Heres a thought, if we cant generate a pass rush with our front 4, maybe we should blitz more.

ddaryl
03-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I love Cushing and think he is better than both June and Keiho. Problem is I want to use that pick on offensive line or defensive line. We need to upgrade the trenches and that's the best way to do it.

I agree but with #11 you take the very best player available.

If Orakapo or Raji are there we pick them up... if one of the top OT drop I would think the Bills will pounce on one of them.

the Bills could easily trade back for more picks and IMO with the holes we have I could see them doing just that.

Bmax
03-10-2009, 09:41 AM
They key to sucess in any cover 2 def is pressure from your front four...The bills have to show they can pressure the pocket with a four man rush thsi opens up the rest of the athletic OLB to run down players and make plays. We need a pass rusher. Cushing is not the answer...

I say they go with June or the younger Keiaho. Then draft a DE or rush guy somewhere in rd 1.....May have to trade down a bit to get value but a guy who may start getting Buzz is Larry English from The Mac...

6-2-255. go rush guy had a great senior bowl week.. Remember we are looking for a pass rusher. The guy who gets selected should be able to have the ability to get pressure from the edge.

I don't think he is a OLB like most scouts..he played with his hand down most of the time.

Bmax