PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents Left

jdbillsfan
03-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Here are some guys still out there, I wouldn't mind seeing in Buffalo:

Warrick Dunn - Two things. Could help mentor some of the younger guys and is a different back than what we have now.

Leonard Weaver FB - Not going to happen after re-signing McIntyre, but is a dual threat FB

Leonard Pope TE - I am not sure what he was tendered, but if it was low enough, could be a good red zone threat.

Elton Brown T - Move to Guard? Was a decent prospect coming out of college. Not sure how he has done in the NFL, but maybe a move to Guard would be good?

Mike Goff G - Veteran help on the oline

Derrick Brooks LB - Help in the playoff run? Bring some leadership on D.

Leigh Bodden CB - Compete for starting spot. Not sure Florence is the answer.

Mahdi
03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Here are some guys still out there, I wouldn't mind seeing in Buffalo:

Warrick Dunn - Two things. Could help mentor some of the younger guys and is a different back than what we have now.

Leonard Weaver FB - Not going to happen after re-signing McIntyre, but is a dual threat FB

Leonard Pope TE - I am not sure what he was tendered, but if it was low enough, could be a good red zone threat.

Elton Brown T - Move to Guard? Was a decent prospect coming out of college. Not sure how he has done in the NFL, but maybe a move to Guard would be good?

Mike Goff G - Veteran help on the oline

Derrick Brooks LB - Help in the playoff run? Bring some leadership on D.

Leigh Bodden CB - Compete for starting spot. Not sure Florence is the answer.
Brooks wouldnt be bad on a 1 yr deal with a draft pick ready to take his spot. But if we sign Brooks that means moving Mitchell to the strong side.

Elton Brown is an intriguing prospect, he was highly regarded coming out of college. However I really think the Bills are moving to a more athletic style of OL that fits the zone blocking scheme. Hangartner, Butler and Peters all fit that mold. Walker is not typical but he can move very well for his size at RT.

Goff would be a great addition but again, he is more of a power type of guy.

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 12:44 PM
if we didnt sign simmons, i would be fine with goff for a 2 year deal. he is a vet that has some miles on his tires but he has been a starter on a line that has blocked for one of the greatest running backs of all time and helped him succeed. he wouldnt be a bad signing thats for sure.

Mitchell55
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Heres some more

Eric Barton LB- Over 100 tackles last year and a vet

Kyle Boller QB/Gus Freotte- veteran leadership at QB

Chris Brown RB- Not sure if he has been signed but decent

Dan Kreider FB- True old school FB

Schefter TE- Talks about trade?

Also the obvious, Simmons, Berry, June, Keiho, and Brooks